Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Explain my country (New Zealand) then, because we're neither of those things.

Statistically you're an actual sheep

E: lol the worst snype in SA's history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I daydream of coming up with some stupid product like a chuddy t-shirt that discretely self owns the wearer, then selling a million of them. It's a nice fantasy. I mean if trumpy bear can turn a profit there's at least a market for tacky poo poo

just being the first next time there's some bullshit pelosi gif to put it on a shirt. you just need to learn to recognize lines like "nevertheless she persisted" and slap that poo poo up in 20 minutes.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I daydream of coming up with some stupid product like a chuddy t-shirt that discretely self owns the wearer, then selling a million of them. It's a nice fantasy. I mean if trumpy bear can turn a profit there's at least a market for tacky poo poo

WITH REAL ASBESTOS THREADS

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1263797024396361728

Totally not an insurance scam

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Doc Fission posted:

morning COVID thread! I know we were all taking that good good blackpill yesterday, how are we today

The mail center that handles all mail for Colorado and Wyoming just closed because they had 5 people test positive for covid that they know of but believe there are more cases with 1800 employees in the facility.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/articl...ee-f37e69f6da0e

A guy who predicted the 2008 recession and how it would recover doesnt see a v-shaped recovery more like an L-shaped 10 year depression.

Other than that, pretty high so the horror of these events hasnt really hit me yet

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/TooMuchMe/status/1263836835152900097

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lol at that framing by using 'fighting' instead of 'violating'.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Shageletic posted:

:justpost:

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

The mail center that handles all mail for Colorado and Wyoming just closed because they had 5 people test positive for covid that they know of but believe there are more cases with 1800 employees in the facility.

https://www.9news.com/mobile/articl...ee-f37e69f6da0e

A guy who predicted the 2008 recession and how it would recover doesnt see a v-shaped recovery more like an L-shaped 10 year depression.

Other than that, pretty high so the horror of these events hasnt really hit me yet

how could anyone have predicted how 2008 would recover? nobody could have known that it would result in a massive wealth transfer upwards because there was no way to predict that the government would completely gently caress over "main street" and only bail out wall street? and how could anyone predict with any certainty that would happen again.

*i am handed a paper from off screen*

oh gently caress

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I suggest continuing being high indefinitely

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol owns that the good morning america headline about everyone reopening is "NO TURNING BACK"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i have often idly wondered about torching gathering places to keep people safe from their own destructive impulses in minecraft but never would because you could never be sure everyone was out of the building and it’s illegal

anyways i wonder why people committing insurance fraud are so loving stupid

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

which side are you on, boys?
which side are you on...

embrace mo-dern germ theorey,
or into the grave your're gone.....

:rip:

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Crazypoops posted:

I suggest continuing being high indefinitely

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Declan MacManus posted:

i have often idly wondered about torching gathering places to keep people safe from their own destructive impulses in minecraft but never would because you could never be sure everyone was out of the building and it’s illegal

A place near where I grew up was an unused resort and it got burned down 3 separate times for insurance, each time the guys who were hired for the job would start one fire in one wing, it would get put out and they'd get caught

They didn't even understand the whole putting gasoline everywhere first then lighting it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ajitxsingh/status/1263840434343702529?s=20

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

white people really just having fun all pandemic
https://twitter.com/lo_lifer/status/1263826860003205122?s=20
https://twitter.com/facebookvillain/status/1263136294064046083?s=20

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Shageletic posted:

Statistically you're an actual sheep

that is a bold claim

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lockdown has been rough for Colin Robinson huh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

drat I’m a failure

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Declan MacManus posted:

Because you only hear about the stupid ones. The smart ones get the payout and move on without anyone knowing it was fraud.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

this has "BLACKS RULE" vibes all over it

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

I'm the virus yelling about the XFL

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brb burning down my house and writing "HAHA IT IS ME THE BAD GUY WHO DOESNT SHARE YOUR POLITICAL OPINION AND I HAVE BESTED YOU BY BURNING DOWN YOUR HOUSE"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

what the gently caress?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

one of the church members definitely did it

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Cannonball Run has been going on since like the 70s though :shrug:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

net work error posted:

The Cannonball Run has been going on since like the 70s though :shrug:
They managed to cut the record time by a third, from over 40 hours to 26. That's why it's significant.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Grey Fox posted:

They managed to cut the record time almost in half, from over 40 hours to 26. That's why it's significant.

cars are stupid fast now compared to the seventies, a 2003 Toyota Camry V6 actually goes 0-60 faster than a 70s Lamborghini Countach lol

One of the reasons the business routes around here see a lot of deaths, roads / lights that were designed for a maximum speed of 25-35mph when people can drag race at 70MPH from light to light now

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Wow, white Mississippians have become desperate enough to burn white churches?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

They managed to cut the record time by a third, from over 40 hours to 26. That's why it's significant.

I understand that much and the latest time according to Ed Bolian who's the Cannonball guy right now is like 25 hours allegedly. It probably won't be beat for years again.
Granted the planning that goes into it now is on another level compared to back in the day when it was two guys in a car with a bunch of coke just going for it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

cars are stupid fast now compared to the seventies, a 2003 Toyota Camry V6 actually goes 0-60 faster than a 70s Lamborghini Countach lol

One of the reasons the business routes around here see a lot of deaths, roads / lights that were designed for a maximum speed of 25-35mph when people can drag race at 70MPH from light to light now
I think the point is that traffic has been way down because of coronavirus, so the crazy people doing this probably see this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

thats fuckin sick!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lmao xfl

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Der Meister posted:

drat I’m a failure

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
bet you stay home now you hypokrits

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mystes posted:

I think the point is that traffic has been way down because of coronavirus, so the crazy people doing this probably see this as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Good for them, some car going 110mph through Oklahoma is a tree falling a forest, who gives a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The CSPAM doomsayers will have plenty to work with here. When it comes right down to it any level of lockdown is a luxury that only richer countries can afford to even attempt (though a huge police state can to some extent substitute for wealth). If things start going bad in India things will get really really bad.

it is physically impossible to lockdown in India. the lockdown is economically devastating.