Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Varkas posted:

Yeah, yer on the faster side of the spectrum. I'm more towards the slower but I've got a super wide mouse pad. I use my arm to do the more distant turns, and then make use of my wrist/fingers for the finer movements.

This might be a relevant post: https://www.reddit.com/r/FPSAimTrainer/comments/e13p12/cm360_graphs_for_pro_players_across_r6_quake/ (note that it's in cm)

You might want to consider slowing it down a bit so that you're less prone to over-correct. It would definitely be a big adjustment that will gently caress with your muscle memory for a while.

Ultimately it's a matter of preference though.

Yes and no. Low sensitivity is pretty inarguably better if you are just straight trying to get better at aim over time. Of course if it seems bothersome then maybe not worth it to you personally. But if you look at high level players across most any fps, with very few exceptions, most play with incredibly low sensitivity. I'm around 12" to 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I put the heel of my hand down on the pad and dont ever move it, I just pivot the rest of my hand :v:

That said, you seem to be basing this on 1 part of 1 video where I got surprised by a guy and missed a lot so :shrug:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.gyazo.com/ff8520c4eb745bd6092061c33ca91607.mp4
Hilarious

https://i.gyazo.com/0bac6ee9274f0131a07cca2a5d71bbc9.mp4
Shameful

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Basticle posted:

I put the heel of my hand down on the pad and dont ever move it, I just pivot the rest of my hand :v:

That said, you seem to be basing this on 1 part of 1 video where I got surprised by a guy and missed a lot so :shrug:

Play exactly how you want. I used to play high sensitivity too. I will say making the switch to low with a big pad took quite some time to adapt but I am easily 10x better than I was before.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

https://i.gyazo.com/03f91eda1b388fe964300baae99f2f3a.mp4

The nade kills a team of 2 (alas, need sound to hear 'em die)
The other 2 were just dumbfounded I guess.

--

Also on sens talk: I've dropped my sense in a few games very recently and it DOES make things better (for me at least) after some re-adjustment.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Is there some weird new meta or strategy people are doing where they banish a boss and immediately leave without grabbing the bounty or engaging other players? We had five games the past couple of days where we camped outside the boss room to ambush the bounty carriers only to get bored and storm the castle and find nobody inside. Grab the bounties and head for extraction expecting an ambush...nothing.

They just...left. :psyduck:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Is there some weird new meta or strategy people are doing where they banish a boss and immediately leave without grabbing the bounty or engaging other players? We had five games the past couple of days where we camped outside the boss room to ambush the bounty carriers only to get bored and storm the castle and find nobody inside. Grab the bounties and head for extraction expecting an ambush...nothing.

They just...left. :psyduck:

You get a ton of credit for the kill/banish and a lot of people are insane sissy babies, so sitting around, waiting, and escaping with the bounty isn't 'worth' the risk.

I've also seen people banish and sit on the tokens for 10+ minutes, just waiting for... someone else to come steal them? Probably this, because I do it often as a solo: Frag and rush in, grab a token, depart. Usually you can get away with it and incite a big old clusterfuck fight with the other teams that have been camping outside, waiting.

Sometimes, if the banishes are happening close together - like one or two compounds away - I will abandon my banish to go gently caress with/steal the enemy one before coming back to my own. This is of course max level risky play but it can pay off, and given that so many people are sissies as above, it's very good chances they won't even try to push in on your banish/clue while you are out for your jaunt.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The headgames and 4D chess is half the battle.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.
On a recent trios game, double boss map, we started the banish on the 2nd boss at Scupper Lake and then decided to immediately push South to the bounty carriers that were heading up our way across the map from Davant. We were about to ambush them at Alice and then we realized that it was actually two different trios that were teamed together. So yeah, gently caress that noise--they can have the bounty. Pretty rare that teaming happens (whether prearranged or not). Didn't hear them talking in-game at all though, so I suspect it was prearranged.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

My friends and I usually queue up two teams at the same time in the hopes of getting into the same game but once the game starts we move into separate discord channels and if we kill each other oh well that’s hunt for you!

The only game we realized it was after I killed one of them. They didn’t know where I was at first but popped a shot into the bushes where they thought I was hiding and got lucky. I messaged my friend on steam and he called a truce. Except I didn’t tell my teammate and he wiped their team then got me up.

They were kind of mad about that but double teaming a map is pretty lame I think.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Dr. Clockwork posted:

They were kind of mad about that but double teaming a map is pretty lame I think.

Pre-teaming in the lobby and working cooperatively is frowned upon and potentially punishable by the devs. Teaming in-game is okay with the devs, as I think there's still that distrust and potential for backstabbing. Thankfully this is a pretty rare thing that it hasn't been a big deal.

I think the most recent time I teamed up in a duos game was over the common threat/hate of an avtomat user that was nearby (pre-nerf).

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I don't remember what all they did to the avto but I haven't died to one in ages, and usually end up stealing them from people I beat to death.

Of course the moment I steal an avto the circle completes and I end up getting shanked or something the next game, without fail.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork
Guys, SkillUp got me all hot and bothered with this game. Expect me on the Discord.

This looks like Tarkov, but less annoying, and that's what I need right now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DarkDobe posted:

I don't remember what all they did to the avto but I haven't died to one in ages, and usually end up stealing them from people I beat to death.

Of course the moment I steal an avto the circle completes and I end up getting shanked or something the next game, without fail.

currently ,if you face an avto under 10 meters you are dead loving meat

past that, with luck, you'll be ok

They increased the recoil and rate of fire. But the most crucial change is that if you fire it will always fire a minimum of a 3 round bursts so assholes can't take it, fire off 1 round and quick switch to their secondary letting them snipe with single shots. Thats why you don't see them much if at all anymore.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

These kinds of kills will never get old for me: https://streamable.com/bkd25o

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Ganondork posted:

Guys, SkillUp got me all hot and bothered with this game. Expect me on the Discord.

This looks like Tarkov, but less annoying, and that's what I need right now.

:same: i think this game increased in quality GREATLY from when it was first a free trial on the xbox store because as i came back it's actually very playable. The aiming is very strange and the auto aim is not very auto. Which is probably where all the weirdness people are experiencing is coming from. But since watching that video (and finding some people to squad up with) we won 3 in a row.

I have a reason to suspect that with the crossplay with PS4 and the game being so new there still there are still lots of people getting used to the game. Everybody potato aiming everywhere :allears:. But it also means that a few of the games we won tonight were won basically uncontested as it seems like every other team would die to the wildlife.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to play this game again but my whole group got addicted to COD warzone like crack. There's been like 5 updates on PS4 since I last played. I need to see if they fixed some of the issues cause it was so close to being great but the jank was too much. I'd honestly still be playing this if it wasn't for fuckin warzone .

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 21, 2020

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork
The single biggest thing holding back my group from playing is the party size being maxed at 3. I still have no idea why some games are going this route. Most games for the longest time have capped at 4.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Ganondork posted:

The single biggest thing holding back my group from playing is the party size being maxed at 3. I still have no idea why some games are going this route. Most games for the longest time have capped at 4.

For the longest time this game only had teams of two. In fact everything in this game is designed for teams of them. I've warmed to teams of three but still think it was sort of an unnecessary addition. Teams of three works and can sort of put a team at a disadvantage in terms of heals and ammo distribution but really is generally still stronger than a team is two. Teams of four would be really bad in my opinion.

If your group is too big split into smaller sub groups

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I think this game’s strength is the difference between similar shooters and they don’t have to keep making concessions to make it like the others. Gunslinger mode is bad enough, four man teams would be bad.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I think this game’s strength is the difference between similar shooters and they don’t have to keep making concessions to make it like the others. Gunslinger mode is bad enough, four man teams would be bad.

The more I learn about the game, I can see how 4 man teams would detract from the experience. So much about it is balanced around the size of the map, and the amount of players in it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Yeah it really is designed for at most 2-person teams and trios were kind of thrown in as a concession but it didn’t change the mechanics so one guy in a trio always loses out of cash registers, ammo, etc.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork
Oh, that's kinda lovely. I wonder why they haven't changed that.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This game sure has some highs and lows.

https://streamable.com/cmor7g
https://streamable.com/p1p2u3

These were two consecutive games :v:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Ganondork posted:

Oh, that's kinda lovely. I wonder why they haven't changed that.

100% because it is on purpose.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!
It's not really that big of a deal. Ammo and stuff is rather plentiful and it only takes a minimum amount of communication to divvy it up. If you have vulture on your hunters you don't even really need to worry about looting corpses (other than order based on trait).

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

There's also quick swapping weapons with dead hunters that use the same ammo type as you to help. I find that ammo resupply availability is not too bad of an issue.

Varkas fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 23, 2020

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

My group came up with something fun and stupid called the Free Hunter Challenge and played a bunch of games last night with varying results. The gist of it is: everyone takes their free hunter, and the only gear you can buy for it is to add a first aid kit if they don't already have one. No other gear purchases for the lifespan of that hunter. You can loot dead hunters in game for upgrades, and if we actually manage to survive we have to keep playing that hunter until he dies.

Our winning streak to date is 1 game out of 5 last night, but that was a real corker. Everyone on the map ended up at Prison and we managed to kill 8 hunters there. Two of us had Romero+silenced Nagant, and our third had a Nagant Precision and a Combat Axe.

Turns out despite how much I enjoy hiding and sniping with a Zorngeist, a full trio charging into a building with shotguns and an axe can really throw people off!

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

There's literally how my group plays the majority of the time. Probably why I'm sitting on 150k hunt bucks

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Pure talent

https://i.gyazo.com/d1ba149d3c91884113b966f022537246.mp4

Skyarb posted:

There's literally how my group plays the majority of the time. Probably why I'm sitting on 150k hunt bucks

TIME TO PRESTIGE

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

DarkDobe posted:

TIME TO PRESTIGE

Never.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/7xogfr

this fuckface had a Griffin and a Bedlam Lullaby and it was so loving satisfying that I don't even care that after we killed these guys another team showed up and I got shot simultaneously by 2 different uppercuts and my teammates got killed by a 100 prestige guy with a mosin

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

DarkDobe posted:

TIME TO PRESTIGE

Prestiging is garbage and there's no point to ever doing it past 1 so you'll stop getting autododged by idiots.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Rysithusiku posted:

Prestiging is garbage and there's no point to ever doing it past 1 so you'll stop getting autododged by idiots.

Maybe I want my fancy gun skins? (I just want golden ticket - I like the bornheim a lot)

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 25, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I stopped prestiging when 1.0 came out

just loving :lol: at expecting me to unlock each weapon variant over and over again

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Yeah I kinda wish the variants came back when you reached the bloodline needed for the base version. I guess there's the 10% exp boost if you take it but that's not shaving all that much off the weapon grinding.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Man, last night was pretty poo poo, in 3 consecutive games, my trio had:

1) all got 1 shot through fences by an uppercut

2) all 3 of us get killed by the guy who is #22 globally in k/d (and didnt stop bunny hopping for 5 straight minutes)

4) all 3 of us get headshot by a mosin through walls and foilage

great work, professional work :(

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i just started playing this game yesterday

so far this sums up my experience

https://streamable.com/6wm0ho

also the fact that this game doesn't have creepy horror alligators is loving criminal\

or any alligators at all

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 27, 2020

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

1.4 Roadmap

Features
  • Ability to have different levels of intensity for bleeding, fire and poison damage
  • Get a second of Dark Sight Boost back (up to five) when looting a dead Hunter
  • KD rework to KDA [(Kills + Assists) / Deaths]

Frontend
  • News Feed
  • Opt-out from sharing your game profile and statistics details

Arsenal
  • New Tool
  • New Legendary Weapons (for Blood Bonds and as part of DLC)
  • New unique trait
  • Trait rework

Cast
  • New Legendary Hunters

Service
  • Cooldown penalty for continuously leaving random partners
  • Japanese localization support for all platforms

they're doing a dev stream right now and apparently the new trait lets you pick up bounties from 15 meters away (!) oh god oh jesus

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Was hoping for map 3 news...

Mordja fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 29, 2020