Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I just got passed Gold 1 with Tempo Demon Hunter. After a 4-game losing streak last night, rattled off 3 wins before bed, then 3 wins today to finally reach Platinum 10. Final match was against Priest who I had been having trouble with the whole tier, but ended up drawing into a real high tempo hand and having all the removal I needed to get rid of his weapons.

My goal this season was to get up to Gold 5 since I try to limit myself to three games a day, so real happy at the progress I made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Shockeh posted:

I was doing so well, so so well with Face Hunter. I used to hate that deck, then decided to Git Good and learn to beat it by playing it, and suddenly found myself cruising merrily, until I hit Gold I.

Gold I is a SEA of loving wide removal Priests, and randomly Paladins. Like, all bouncing merrily off the bottom of the Rank, but never going over the hill themselves. All the DH have vanished, (and I still mess them up happily) but I keep bouncing off these decks that revolve around outlasting then not even really having a plan themselves, but I’ve burnt out by that point.

It’s.... vexing.
Ive been seeing alot of priests too, with spell druids and mages to boot. I switched to a mid range dragon hunter and it's been working well. I included all the "can't be targeted" dragons and pressure plate, it shuts down the removal heavy decks. When you have your weapon and a dragon up, you're hitting for 10 a turn. I've been getting alot of rage adds, which makes it all the better.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how many 1-drops are there in Wild? because my res priest opponent got the same loving one drop from both my anti-res priest tech cards and I want to know exactly how mad I should be

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

localloop posted:

Just hit Legend for the first time, shockingly easy compared to my prior attempts.

Used this Highlander decklist, but swapped out Nagrand Slam for Explosive Trap to better synergize with Veranus and maybe slow down DH opponents.

### Highlander Hunter

AAECAR8eqAK1A+EEigeXCNsJ/KMD5KQDpqUD8qUDhKcDiq0Di60Djq0D+a4D/K8D/q8Dh7AD57AD/7ADkbED2LIDr7cDg7kDorkD/7oD+7sD174D3r4D7b4DAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Rogue was about 60% in my favor, Mage and Priest about 75% in my favor. DH and Zoolock wrecked me, don't think I lost to a single Galalock. Warrior and Hunter mirrors were coin flips.

The deck's early pressure and meaty midgame were a potent combo.

Glad to have that done and over with.

I've been cruising with this deck. About to slide into the diamond ranks but I forced myself to stop for a few hours.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

BoarControl (one of the 16 (edit: Europe) Grandmasters) has been feeding people the Kool-Aid on Spell Druid innovations, warping it into a Malygos Dragon deck, and it's spreading like a hilarious infection.

Like he has convinced other pros to playtest OG Onyxia. ONYXIA.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 21, 2020

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Think I will give up on this pirate warrior thing. It's the deck me or the meta but I'm always one turn short.

Interested in Highlander hunter but not too thrilled about crafting 3 more legendaries. Maybe I'll just go back to face hunter.

Also re: all the priests. Ya people are monsters I've run into a disproportional number from diamond 5 to D1.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm playing spell mage because I've given up on any serious laddering this month but I love the chaos.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

BoarControl (one of the 16 (edit: Europe) Grandmasters) has been feeding people the Kool-Aid on Spell Druid innovations, warping it into a Malygos Dragon deck, and it's spreading like a hilarious infection.

Like he has convinced other pros to playtest OG Onyxia. ONYXIA.

I am a very stupid person and crafted Ysera Unleashed.

### Spell Dragon
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (0) Moonfire
# 2x (1) Crystal Power
# 2x (2) Breath of Dreams
# 2x (2) Fungal Fortunes
# 2x (2) Ironbark
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Bogbeam
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Glowfly Swarm
# 2x (6) Emerald Explorer
# 2x (7) Exotic Mountseller
# 2x (7) Overflow
# 1x (9) Malygos
# 1x (9) Ysera, Unleashed
#
AAECAZICArQD9q0DDkD+AdMDxAa5lAPinwPbpQP9rQOMrgPlugPougPsugPuugPvugMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I don't have Alextraza, but I've been "happy" with this list.

And by "happy" I mean "what a nightmare to roll the dice, and the decision-making is complex AF, but boy is drawing all these cards and summoning all these fat dragons hella fun"

20 set record including lots of learning pains: (11-9)

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 21, 2020

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Made it to Diamond 2 with Pirate Warrior yesterday (thanks Anaconda for the guide), going to try climbing some more today after some work meetings.

I played with my wild Galvadon deck last night, and it almost seems like the buff to Aldor Attendant has rendered the quest obsolete. It's [edit: the Attendant] a better one drop in many cases and enables rapid buffing of minions while the quest seems clunky and, while easy to complete, I never really used Galvadon and would have done better with something else in my opening hand. Maybe it would work better only keeping the quest against slower decks and mulliganing it against faster ones? Just treat that quest as a mid-late game one-off Learn Draconic.

Jolly Jumbuck fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 21, 2020

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Holy crap, this week’s Brawl is awful

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Made it to Diamond 2 with Pirate Warrior yesterday (thanks Anaconda for the guide), going to try climbing some more today after some work meetings.

Enrage Warrior is still so good, that last night while finishing my Pirate Warrior testing someone actually friended me to say gg and compliment my nice deck :psyduck:

It's the same deck that was absolutely abhorred 4 months ago :psypop:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Can I just bitch about how you don't get quest progression if you concede before the opponent has lethal on board or whatever the exact criteria is.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mymla posted:

Can I just bitch about how you don't get quest progression if you concede before the opponent has lethal on board or whatever the exact criteria is.

I think after you concede after turn 7 it counts

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
I think it's less than 15 health?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Brawl idea: 9 random but on-curve spells and yogg (unnerfed)

Brawl: "gently caress'em"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

For April fools they should have a brawl that is literally just a coin toss. Or "whoever plays the coin wins the game".

No gold awards for wins, obviously.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Xguard86 posted:

Think I will give up on this pirate warrior thing. It's the deck me or the meta but I'm always one turn short.

Interested in Highlander hunter but not too thrilled about crafting 3 more legendaries. Maybe I'll just go back to face hunter.

Also re: all the priests. Ya people are monsters I've run into a disproportional number from diamond 5 to D1.

I haven't played much since the Imp nerf this week but last week I was playing this Lackey Zoo deck that came from either here or Reddit, I forget. I was having mediocre success with it overall but it absolutely murdered every priest I faced.

### zoo lackey
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Sinister Deal
# 1x (2) EVIL Cable Rat
# 2x (2) EVIL Genius
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Scrap Imp
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Serpent Egg
# 2x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 2x (3) Scalerider
# 1x (4) Evasive Feywing
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 1x (5) Dark Pharaoh Tekahn
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBLSRA4KlA/+wA9a5Aw2NCIidA/qkA/2kA72mA52pA+WsA+ysA4exA7W5A7a5A8e5A+a+AwA=
#

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I had two Barista Lynchens in my opening hand. My opponent played Three 'The Darkness's. By Turn 4 I had an infinite loop of 0 cost Barista to fill my hand and board over and over. Good brawl.

Also what's up with not being able to pay with in-game gold right now? Just felt like playing an Arena and I can't pay with gold.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I like Cloneball as a Brawl - usually you've got an easy win in a game or two, and it's fun to get situations like being able to counter my opponent's cheap Harbinger Celestia with a chain of free Zola the Gorgons

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Managed to make this a one and done with a few Baristas discounted to 0.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

adamarama posted:

I think it's less than 15 health?

Used to be, not any more.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i think (completed) turn 7 is the cutoff in matchmaking

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mcbexx posted:

For April fools they should have a brawl that is literally just a coin toss. Or "whoever plays the coin wins the game".

No gold awards for wins, obviously.

There have actually been some brawls like that where the person who goes first/second always wins.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Zola, Thaurissian, Siamat and Gruul makes an easy brawl win.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Great for leveling up classes because the games are over in under 3 minutes.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i think (completed) turn 7 is the cutoff in matchmaking

It's ambiguous. I've been in several situations where my opponent had obvious lethal on the board and I had no way out but it was still my turn 7 and I had well over 15 health (happens when you get bad draws and your opponent gets a nut draw). Conceding in this case means you don't get credit. Even ending turn and waiting for the opponent's draw will not get you credit - if you want it, you have to suffer the ignominy of being rammed down to 0.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow they managed to make a priest deck more soul crushingly boring and annoying than resurrect. Congrats all I give up for this season.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow they managed to make a priest deck more soul crushingly boring and annoying than resurrect.

impossible

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Argh, forgot to check in again and clear my quest log before a new one is added. How long do I have to play a game before I can get quest credit?

Edit: literally on this page

I’m sick of going against rogues who have to consider dozens of lackeys and other cards every single turn.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wow they managed to make a priest deck more soul crushingly boring and annoying than resurrect. Congrats all I give up for this season.

You can't just blueball me like that. What's the deck? I always need more Priest decks to play.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If solarian prime casts yoggbox do the yogg spells prioritize enemies? Because I just had solarian cast 2 yoggs back to back and all the spells were in my favor

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I’m assuming he is talking about Galakrond Priest, which is the only viable priest deck right now.

Matches take as long as res-priest, but every game plays out differently since it’s a purely rng deck.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If solarian prime casts yoggbox do the yogg spells prioritize enemies? Because I just had solarian cast 2 yoggs back to back and all the spells were in my favor

I *think* no, because casting yogg via Solarian opens up another queue of spells that are handled completely separately from Solarian and thus should not follow the same rules, as queues are impossible to change once set in motion. If, however, it is coded in a way that simply says that all spells following out of the initial queue coming out of Solarian is focused on the enemy, that may be possible. Might depend on how cleanly Blizzard coded this or if they specifically wanted a box to also follow Solarian's preference, as purely mechanically it shouldn't.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

nope, box is just a box

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Jack Trades posted:

You can't just blueball me like that. What's the deck? I always need more Priest decks to play.

I assume it's what was referred to earlier as "removal priest". It still uses a lot of resurrect cards but it has other targets and more spells for removal. idk I'm not even sure that's what was being talked about but I played it like 3 times yesterday and decided I don't like Hearthstone for now.

Edit: Maybe it is Galakrond

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You were lucky :) I had it do the exact opposite, box killed me because I forgot that the box could happen.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Is there just a normal minion/tempo based dragon priest? Galapriest and Rez priest are just such passive slogs to play (and play against). I figure a galakrond based dragon priest might be playable to knock out some of these priest quests.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Disargeria posted:

Is there just a normal minion/tempo based dragon priest? Galapriest and Rez priest are just such passive slogs to play (and play against). I figure a galakrond based dragon priest might be playable to knock out some of these priest quests.

Not dragon priest but a tempo priest list has been kicking around since the nerfs, has very favourable matchups vs the meta

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/glzpls/tempo_buff_priest_d5_to_legend/

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I play a budget version of the Tempo Priest in Casual to knock out Priest quests and it's quite fun. Won a match after one of my buffed minions got Polymorphed into a sheep, and I just kept buffing and cloning the sheep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Here's what I came up with to knock out my quest. Much more minion focused and interesting than the better priest decks. Generates a lot of extra priest minions to shove onto the board and has a couple support spells. A priest deck for people who hate playing priest.

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Cleric of Scales
# 2x (1) Disciple of Galakrond
# 1x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Dragonmaw Sentinel
# 1x (2) Grandmummy
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (4) Fate Weaver
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Chronobreaker
# 1x (5) Psyche Split
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 2x (5) Time Rip
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Unspeakable
# 2x (7) Skeletal Dragon
#
AAECAZ/HAgatpQPcrAPjtAOTugOWugPIwAMMyQbXrAParAPyrAP+rgOqrwPNrwOYtgOvugO4ugPpugPYwgMA
#