Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

When Chris Christie was brought on to commentate a democratic debate

:weed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Christie’s death bridge

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Orb
https://twitter.com/joshchafetz/status/1263779024490422273

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Platystemon posted:

Christie’s death bridge

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ruzihm posted:

When Chris Christie was brought on to commentate a democratic debate

:weed:

It was funny cause he was the only one who gave honest comments about what happened too lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

novus orbo seclorum

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Ramadu posted:

It was funny cause he was the only one who gave honest comments about what happened too lmao

He was, not joking, one of the better political commentators I've seen in decades

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Saudi Arabia threatening to 9/11 Toronto over a minor political dispute

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

taqueso posted:

He was, not joking, one of the better political commentators I've seen in decades

he's actually smart. bad, but smart

There was a time I thought he would be a powerhouse to run for president

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

zegermans posted:

Saudi Arabia threatening to 9/11 Toronto over a minor political dispute

they forget sometimes that the rest of the world still pretends they didn't fund, plan and staff 9/11.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

some dipshit PMCs attempted to raid Venezuela like two weeks ago but they were foiled by fishermen. i cant believe i stopped laughing at it long enough to forget about it

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Keystone Coup

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Platystemon posted:

Christie’s death bridge

And then SCOTUS let everyone involved walk in a near unanimous decision

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
chris christie suicide bombing marco rubio

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

henkman posted:

chris christie suicide bombing marco rubio

lol the absolute glee on his face when rubio repeated the exact same thing after christie had said he practiced his sound bite was fantastic

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Happy weed page everyone :2bong:

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Inceltown posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Sx0EDuO.mp4

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol the absolute glee on his face when rubio repeated the exact same thing after christie had said he practiced his sound bite was fantastic

Wasn't it something like "The notion that X doesn't know what he's doing is just not true: X knows EXACTLY what he's doing!"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Inceltown posted:

I suddenly remembered that the Dems are primarying a pro legalization progressive senator with a prohibitionist psycho

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

former glory posted:

Wasn't it something like "The notion that X doesn't know what he's doing is just not true: X knows EXACTLY what he's doing!"

it was actually dumber than that because X was always Obama

also it was lets dispel the notion which made it sound even more fake and rehearsed

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

former glory posted:

Among other things. Their whole exchange throughout that debate was beyond incredible, anyone who has forgotten it should review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaB_2tBpig

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When Guido first attempted to "take over" Venezuela Marco Rubio kept sending graphic tweets of national leaders we had blown the brains out of to Maduro

Widdle Marco is like a Bolton tier neocon, rofl

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JBOS4ZZcIY

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

When Guido first attempted to "take over" Venezuela Marco Rubio kept sending graphic tweets of national leaders we had blown the brains out of to Maduro

Liddle Marco Rubio is basically the political version of Wimp Lo.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

Give a coward a gun and he'll shoot everything in sight

Marcos bitter his entire family got alpha'd by Castro's boys and hes too much of a coward to be a gusano psychopath.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
"Love Trumps Hate." An empty feelgood slogan that they still managed to make everybody misunderstand by relying on a pun (love his hate?). Encapsulates everything wrong with Democrat messaging

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ramadu posted:

It was also the only camera on in the stadium and was only turned on by the pitching coach for use in practice meetings later. They normally didn't even bother. It's really a remarkable set of coincidences that happened to show one of the most amazing things ever.

I didn't know that, that's a great piece of trivia about a sports highlight that is probably in the top ten of all time.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ronald McReagan posted:

Among other things. Their whole exchange throughout that debate was beyond incredible, anyone who has forgotten it should review:

This is mindblowing in so many ways. I've seen it so many times and it's never less so.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

LastInLine posted:

I didn't know that, that's a great piece of trivia about a sports highlight that is probably in the top ten of all time.

I used to go to spring training all the time and I missed it. I was so mad a young kid because I love weird sports stuff. It's truly one of my all time highlights. I was trying to find an article or video about it but Randy Johnson was in Japan doing some cross promo thing and the fans kept dropping plates I think into the bullpen for him to try to hit like the bird. I think he only hit a few which is still crazy impressive. This was like a couple years after the Diamondbacks expanded and bought the world series with one of the most stacked teams of all time against the hated yankees (death to the yankees, inshallah) so I was still mega into the dbacks. Too bad like every other arizona sports team they end up mediocre and trading their good players away =(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“Please proceed, Governor.”

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Ronald McReagan posted:

i can't believe that he goes back to that awkward soundbite after being directly called on it not two minutes earlier

so sad

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

quote:

What, if some day or night a demon were to steal after you into your loneliest loneliness and say to you: 'This life as you now live it and have lived it, you will have to live once more and innumerable times more; and there will be nothing new in it, but every pain and every joy and every thought and sigh and everything unutterably small or great in your life will have to return to you, all in the same succession and sequence' ... Would you not throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse the demon who spoke thus? Or have you once experienced a tremendous moment when you would have answered him: 'You are a god and never have I heard anything more divine.'

Chris Christie was visited by that demon the night after that debate.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

LastInLine posted:

This is mindblowing in so many ways. I've seen it so many times and it's never less so.

I have to remind myself of the lovely things christie has done because that video almost makes me like him

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jewel Repetition posted:

"Love Trumps Hate." An empty feelgood slogan that they still managed to make everybody misunderstand by relying on a pun (love his hate?). Encapsulates everything wrong with Democrat messaging

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Joe Biden saying "you ain't black" to a black man lmfao

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

i can't believe that he goes back to that awkward soundbite after being directly called on it not two minutes earlier

so sad

I remember watching this live and wondering if the discourse could get more negative than this. Now, about 3 decades later, this all seems structured and respectful.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Chris Matthews

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I'm going to post this lovely stolen joke every time I see that picture:

David Cameron and Rick Perry are two men who got a D in Meats

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Post some of the funny names you remember from that incident.

The only one I can recall is “Bae of Pigs”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

kamala doing a big Serious spiel in a debate about kicking trump of twitter for violating TOS