Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
So is watching garden birds calming for a cat? I thought it would get them fired up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update

So, you guys have been amazing. Absolutely incredible. I’m blown away by the level of solidarity and support shown.

So much so, I’m going to have to close to orders as of midnight this evening, due to reaching capacity for this month’s cook!

To summarise: Orders close at midnight tonight for delivery by June 10th.

The next batch will be coming around the middle of July, details to come soon. :)

Catte Update

Bob has been grumpy all day, but that’s just his nature. His face appears to have healed somewhat, but I’m not going to share a pic as he still has a wound there.He’s a real unit of a cat- 6.5 kilos and pretty much all muscle.
Digby is back to his old self, spending most of his time as a liquid. He’s also been enjoying Cat-tv with the wife.

PM'd you an order and also Digby is insanely floof. Bob is a massive unit just like our Hieronymous, who looks like a big chonker but is actually ripped to gently caress and could easily kill something four times his size if he wasn't the very template from which the phrase "Scaredy cat" derived

e; lol your bookmarks must be pure filth

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

BBC live blog posted:

Patel says new measures are to be introduced at the UK border to guard against a second wave of infections.

Social distancing has suppressed the peak of coronavirus cases, Sir Patrick Vallance says, and people must maintain social distancing to avoid a second, similar peak.

"We need to keep on with it" and "make sure we don't relax at the wrong time", he adds.
I thought a second wave was inevitable and we wanted some degree of immunity to help with it???

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Ms Adequate posted:

e; lol your bookmarks must be pure filth

You have no idea.

(But seriously- It’s my wife’s work computer, so she hides potentially sensitive stuff.)

Jippa posted:

So is watching garden birds calming for a cat? I thought it would get them fired up.

I have video somewhere of them trying to get into the screen when we put it on the main tv. But a lot of the time they just chill and watch for ages.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Bobstar posted:

I made bagels from scratch today and they were very tasty and better than the New York ones I can't get anymore. Using these things I bought years ago and just found in a cupboard.

Also going back many pages to picture-hanging chat, having also played 3M strip Russian roulette and lost, I recommend concrete hooks that look like this. Just bash the pins through the hook into the concrete, sturdier than a simple nail. Not sure how easy they are to get out though.

That was me.
Thanks for the recommendation, our local hardware store has reopened so I'll take a gander.

I'm also having similar problems with my tension pole shower curtain - stayed up for months even when I was taking the curtain down for its monthly wash - now, just won't stay up for love nor money nor any amount of superglue, double sided tape or anything. But I really don't want to break the bathroom tiles which were new just a year or so ago when the previous occupant's executors were tarting the flat up to sell.

ronya posted:

Warning: even if you have a brick or concrete wall, these nail anchors will often not reach deeper than the plaster. For any pictures heavy enough to justify it, crack out the hammer drill and put a real anchor in.

Luckily most of my pics are quite light (unglazed).

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The fruit picking stuff is hilarious. Hardly anyone is gonna do it and the few who do will quit in less than a week because the labour is back breaking for awful pay.

I do a poo poo job which is no better than fruit picking if i'm honest but at least it's very convenient and easy compared to that.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

That was me.
Thanks for the recommendation, our local hardware store has reopened so I'll take a gander.

I'm also having similar problems with my tension pole shower curtain - stayed up for months even when I was taking the curtain down for its monthly wash - now, just won't stay up for love nor money nor any amount of superglue, double sided tape or anything. But I really don't want to break the bathroom tiles which were new just a year or so ago when the previous occupant's executors were tarting the flat up to sell.

Luckily most of my pics are quite light (unglazed).

It sounds like the springs are shot, and if so it's a goner. There's a reason tension rods are £2 each. You can replace them or (if you have plenty of time) disassemble them and replace the springs

re: pics; I stand by my previous suggestions to just be generous with the tape if one is going to rely on tape. The amounts on dinky 3M Command hooks are just insufficient.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

The fruit picking stuff is hilarious. Hardly anyone is gonna do it and the few who do will quit in less than a week because the labour is back breaking for awful pay.

I do a poo poo job which is no better than fruit picking if i'm honest but at least it's very convenient and easy compared to that.

honestly as someone who should be exercising a lot more than I am I'd consider it if a) it was better paid and b) I'd get my own caravan to stay in, rather than having to share with who knows how many others

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1263918430131978250

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
i get back ache when i pick fruit from the bottom shelf at the super market, i think in a post-apocalyptic world i'd be among the first to die.

Unless... do roving mad max gangs need business analysts?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

honestly as someone who should be exercising a lot more than I am I'd consider it if a) it was better paid and b) I'd get my own caravan to stay in, rather than having to share with who knows how many others

It's not fun exercise. As people say it's genuinely back breaking unless you are used to it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

I'd get my own caravan to stay in
This sounds like it would be a perfect thing for a lot of Gypsy, Roma, and Traveller families if farmers would pay them decently and not treat them like the loving plague.

Work gangs it is then...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jippa posted:

It's not fun exercise. As people say it's genuinely back breaking unless you are used to it.

Yeah, it's something you either do if you're desperate for work from a poorer country or a backpacker. It's not the sort of exercise you get fit and healthy from.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

i get back ache when i pick fruit from the bottom shelf at the super market, i think in a post-apocalyptic world i'd be among the first to die.

Seems like your're not meeting your pillaging target and your looting and murder KPIs are well below what we expect, additionally your lead pipe technique is not compliant with our blugeoning best practices. We have scheduled a meeting with your line manager, Lord Ultramurder, to discuss this following your yearly performance review.

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1263914724305055745

I know I'm preaching to the choir here but she really is loving shameless. Hell of a ratio though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Seems like your're not meeting your pillaging target and your looting and murder KPIs are well below what we expect, additionally your lead pipe technique is not compliant with our blugeoning best practices. We have scheduled a meeting with your line manager, Lord Ultramurder, to discuss this following your yearly performance review.
KaizenPlane's simple. Two employees enter, one leaves continuously improved.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Impressed that he's practicing what he preaches on his own family re: sacrificing the elderly.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

For anyone who used to roll in from the pub on a weekend circa the turn of the millennium, stick the telly on and be amused by irreverent late night video review show VIDS, my lockdown project of getting (almost) all the old episodes off source disk and online is now complete. Its a shame they had to be nudity-censored and content-edited to keep inside the YouTube guidelines, but better than nothing.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Actually, there was a report in one of the papers a few years ago, they'd come across a load of either Al Qaeda or ISIS documents - I can't remember which - and they were extremely business like with cvs, targets, accounts, receipts etc.

Ed: Al Qaeda

https://web.archive.org/web/20141027041245/http://bigstory.ap.org/article/060-cake-al-qaida-records-every-expense

ed2: but don't forget your Hello Kitty notebook :) Syrian Rebel Leader (Islamic Front rebels - allies of Al Qaeda) Alloush talking to the troops with trusty Hello Kitty notebook at his side.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 22, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jippa posted:

It fires mine right up, to the point it's the way I get him off my lap when I don't feel like being a bastard and moving him - just send it from my phone to the telly and he goes from completely asleep to alpha predator without any intermediate steps (then remember to turn it off before he tries to pounce on the screen).

The funny thing is when there are actual birds in the garden he doesn't seem to give a poo poo, possibly because I think quite early on in his time with me he realised what utter bastards the blackbirds who nest in the tree down the road are.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NoneMoreNegative posted:

For anyone who used to roll in from the pub on a weekend circa the turn of the millennium, stick the telly on and be amused by irreverent late night video review show VIDS, my lockdown project of getting (almost) all the old episodes off source disk and online is now complete. Its a shame they had to be nudity-censored and content-edited to keep inside the YouTube guidelines, but better than nothing.

NANAMISSSOURKI
You absolute legend. Vidz was a loving amazing show.
Thank you for this, are the eps on CD being sold somewhere?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/paulmclem/status/1263927805299044353

Okay I know this is getting close to Russia Brain, but this really does seem weird. I'll accept that *maybe* "Cummings" runs into the Scunthorpe problem, but you'd think at least "Dominic" or "Number 10" would appear.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/paulmclem/status/1263927805299044353

Okay I know this is getting close to Russia Brain, but this really does seem weird. I'll accept that *maybe* "Cummings" runs into the Scunthorpe problem, but you'd think at least "Dominic" or "Number 10" would appear.

Nah it's a reflection of the level of coverage from other media sources. Unless they're making it known then it won't have the volume to trend on Twitter.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
how many fridges away is durham?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

peanut- posted:

how many fridges away is durham?

There was a petrol station advert way back in the day that said you were always two toasters from Scunthorpe

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Actually, there was a report in one of the papers a few years ago, they'd come across a load of either Al Qaeda or ISIS documents - I can't remember which - and they were extremely business like with cvs, targets, accounts, receipts etc.

Ed: Al Qaeda

https://web.archive.org/web/20141027041245/http://bigstory.ap.org/article/060-cake-al-qaida-records-every-expense

ed2: but don't forget your Hello Kitty notebook :) Syrian Rebel Leader (Islamic Front rebels - allies of Al Qaeda) Alloush talking to the troops with trusty Hello Kitty notebook at his side.

And to think the job centre said having a beard the width of a hand would harm my job chances.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

Nah it's a reflection of the level of coverage from other media sources. Unless they're making it known then it won't have the volume to trend on Twitter.

Two names that are *only* being mentioned alongside Dominic Cummings, but at far less frequency than Cummings himself, make it onto the trends list but not Cummings or other keywords turning up a lot in those tweets?

e: And right now "Giles and Mary" is showing up after less than 20 tweets in an hour, compared to 20 posts a *minute* mentioning "Dominic Cummings". Also try searching for Dominic Cummings and see what auto-complete suggestions you get.

ee: Okay that's it, I'm going full :tinfoil: on this now because 7 of the 30 top trending topics in the UK right now are about this story but none mentioning his name. "Durham" is trending but not "London to Durham" despite almost every post mentioning the former is in the form of the latter. There are definitely specific terms being suppressed here.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 22, 2020

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

They're reaping what they've sown there.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

happyhippy posted:

NANAMISSSOURKI
You absolute legend. Vidz was a loving amazing show.
Thank you for this, are the eps on CD being sold somewhere?

Oops, 'source disk' is a hard drive with dumps directly from the final broadcast tape backup DVDs - back in the early days of the web I had a VIDS fan page that the show producers found and got in touch, and when the last season wrapped I sent them a portable harddrive and they sent it back with all the files on (barring 3 that went missing). It's been sat in a cupboard for nearly 20 years but now I have a fast PC and DaVinci Resolve is free and easy enough to figure around I thought it was time to use up some lockdown hours getting it done, finally :)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Prince John posted:

They're reaping what they've sown there.

Prediction: Nothing will be reaped here.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
To be honest I'm not sure I get what's so bad about what Cummings did given that supposedly both he and his wife had severe coronavirus and a small child. Like, surely either him going somewhere or people coming to him constitutes essential travel in the circumstance?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This was exactly my late 90s experience, never hit the subscribe button so fast. Any particular episode as a fave?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Oops, 'source disk' is a hard drive with dumps directly from the final broadcast tape backup DVDs - back in the early days of the web I had a VIDS fan page that the show producers found and got in touch, and when the last season wrapped I sent them a portable harddrive and they sent it back with all the files on (barring 3 that went missing). It's been sat in a cupboard for nearly 20 years but now I have a fast PC and DaVinci Resolve is free and easy enough to figure around I thought it was time to use up some lockdown hours getting it done, finally :)

Ah. Thought you meant some sort of DVD release. I would buy that poo poo in a heartbeat.
May have been on that site, if it was all yellow and had dead links the last decade or two.
Still, thanks for doing this. Vids, Bitz, Seans Show, time to relive my wasted youth.

WHAT 720P!!! WHERES THE 8K REMASTER VERSION?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bobstar posted:

I made bagels from scratch today and they were very tasty and better than the New York ones I can't get anymore. Using these things I bought years ago and just found in a cupboard.

Actual ones from New York or the ones over here branded that? Cos Im pretty sure the latter are weaponised retaliation for the yanks' 'Olde English' malt liquor 😵

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thank you for this! It's probably too much to hope for, but you wouldn't happen to have Exploitica too? That whole 4Later block was gold

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Thank you for this! It's probably too much to hope for, but you wouldn't happen to have Exploitica too? That whole 4Later block was gold

I put a test tape in from the big box of unlabelled cassettes to check the VCR was still working and it was the Exploitica episode with The Curious Dr. Humpp :o:

Seems to be a few of them online already: https://www.youtube.com/user/ExploiticaRidesAgain/playlists

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

feedmegin posted:

Actual ones from New York or the ones over here branded that? Cos Im pretty sure the latter are weaponised retaliation for the yanks' 'Olde English' malt liquor 😵

The latter. Yeah they weren't great. But still better than the ones you get in the supermarket here, which are in the part-baked section and taste like dense bread rolls someone made into a bagel shape. And cardboard.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

peanut- posted:

To be honest I'm not sure I get what's so bad about what Cummings did given that supposedly both he and his wife had severe coronavirus and a small child. Like, surely either him going somewhere or people coming to him constitutes essential travel in the circumstance?

if you're competent to drive from London to Durham and back with a small child, surely you can't also be so ill you're incapable of looking after that small child at home?

e:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

ee: Okay that's it, I'm going full :tinfoil: on this now
you're not the only one

https://twitter.com/lucianfloyd/status/1263946070247211017?s=20

XMNN fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 22, 2020

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is awesome

Now do "In bed with Medinner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol even open Tories are turning on them

https://twitter.com/montie/status/1263932044062711813?s=20

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1263939337030438917?s=20

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1263932643852324869?s=20

hopefully this takes out kuennsberg too