Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Floppychop posted:

I got a wire mesh strainer for sifting my mini sand. It was like, $2.

See, that's how it started. Because I also got a handfull of "dirt" from the fossil park, when I sifted it through my strainer, I found that there were a bunch of small cool fossils, and decided I needed to be able to sort fossils of different sizes.

Could be worse, I haven't spent $110 on a really nice set of gold sifters yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do they at least stack?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

goatface posted:

Do they at least stack?

YEAH

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well that's good. I once had a few slightly (to the point they were being thrown out) worn grading sieves that were used for glass microbeads. No idea where I put those.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
So that's where he got his spines! They just kinda stuck there after his last trip to the porcelain throne.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
khorne's gonna be pissed someone's been sitting in his chair ruining his rear end groove.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Skulls for the... skull throne??

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's more like a skull floor.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's more like a skull floor.

I like to imagine Nagash is really pissed he isn't allowed a skull throne because it infringes on Khorne's intellectual property

He's allowed a skull floor, as long as the floor remains flat and does not become mounds of skulls

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Moola posted:

I like to imagine Nagash is really pissed he isn't allowed a skull throne because it infringes on Khorne's intellectual property

He's allowed a skull floor, as long as the floor remains flat and does not become mounds of skulls

That implies there is a Khornite Skull Mound Compliance Inspector out there somewhere

Les Peche
Jan 29, 2008

Juicy

Zil posted:

That implies there is a Khornite Skull Mound Compliance Inspector out there somewhere

'Now I see you have mounted your Throne at the top of skull steps, unfortunately the regulations state that any elevations of skulls are deemed to be a mound, i'm afraid i'm going to have to issue you with prohibition order and ask you to re-level these skulls in the next 14 days or face a fine.'

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
"You are, of course, permitted to have mounds of bone. That's not a violation so long as it's A) not a throne, b) not made of skulls, and c) does not have an alliterative name. So a 'Nagash's Shin Recliner' is fine, but 'Nagash's Ossuary Ottoman' is not."

... For the first time in a decade, I'm really tempted to get a GW figure. I kinda really want to buy a Nagash.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Why would he ever sit ffs he's an immortal skeleton king (also it's weird he's held onto notions of gender this long) he should always be ranting and plotting no downtime for ol' Nagash.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Look, when your hobbies include "wearing gigantic hats", you need to take a load off every once in a while because those things are heavy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Les Peche posted:

'Now I see you have mounted your Throne at the top of skull steps, unfortunately the regulations state that any elevations of skulls are deemed to be a mound, i'm afraid i'm going to have to issue you with prohibition order and ask you to re-level these skulls in the next 14 days or face a fine.'

PoptartsNinja posted:

"You are, of course, permitted to have mounds of bone. That's not a violation so long as it's A) not a throne, b) not made of skulls, and c) does not have an alliterative name. So a 'Nagash's Shin Recliner' is fine, but 'Nagash's Ossuary Ottoman' is not."

... For the first time in a decade, I'm really tempted to get a GW figure. I kinda really want to buy a Nagash.

These posts made me smile

I also kinda want a Nagash

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

Why would he ever sit ffs he's an immortal skeleton king (also it's weird he's held onto notions of gender this long) he should always be ranting and plotting no downtime for ol' Nagash.

Diablo taught me that skeletons like to nap inside barrels, so really he should be in a massive evil barrel

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

:smaug: trap sprung i love this article

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wait, there's a front page?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

These posts made me smile

I also kinda want a Nagash

I bit the bullet and I bought a Nagash.

Also some Sepulchral Guard because I found a box for $21.25 and it's hard to beat $3.04/model for seven unique skeletons.

Edit: Content! I searched Etsy for 'pro painted miniatures' and found three winning smiles!

And also this thing by the same painter. I think there's a Hook Horror under there.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 23, 2020

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

PoptartsNinja posted:

And also this thing by the same painter. I think there's a Hook Horror under there.

A skeksis mated with a butterball turkey.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mugaaz posted:

Is there some unspoken rule in miniatures that the better you are at conversion and modeling, the worse you are at painting?

No, some people are quite terrible at both. That Nagash paintjob is still better than what 99% of painters can output even if it hasn't reached the glorious heights of Sugden's Rainbow Daemons.

The only problem it's got is that it's caught a case of Blanchitsuitis which may not to be everyone's taste.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 14:06 on May 24, 2020

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Mugaaz posted:

Is there some unspoken rule in miniatures that the better you are at conversion and modeling, the worse you are at painting?

how am I so bad at both?!

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I'm putting together the Wurmspat warband for Underworlds and I'd just like to thank GW for giving this guy a lovingly sculpted prolapsed anus

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Winklebottom posted:

I'm putting together the Wurmspat warband for Underworlds and I'd just like to thank GW for giving this guy a lovingly sculpted prolapsed anus

goatse, the after years

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

More like Wurmshat.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Psyber Spine posted:

More like Wurmshat.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Psyber Spine posted:

More like Wurmshat.

Wormshit is a brand of fertilizer in Aus, it's made of worm poo poo!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I wonder what the print time on this thing was

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Floppychop posted:

I'm struggling to guage scale. Are those 40k ruins or Epic scaled? Because if that thing is as a big as I think, how thick is that flight stand?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I started some hams this weekend:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Ugleb posted:

I'm struggling to guage scale. Are those 40k ruins or Epic scaled? Because if that thing is as a big as I think, how thick is that flight stand?

Those are 40k ruins and Landraider. That thing is massive.

https://imgur.com/gallery/DPMJfWJ/

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Floppychop posted:

I'm the smug crotch skull

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Floppychop posted:

Somebody finally made enough dakka.

Now it needs to go faster. I'm thinking rockets & rollerskate combo

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Floppychop posted:

Holy poo poo

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Floppychop posted:

Impressive that they managed to paint it badly enough to make it look like epic scale. How do you fail at painting the edge of the base black when it's half an inch thick?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
i need the most dakka you have...no that's too much

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It took me a minute to realize the Land Raider was a flail and not in fact a balloon.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Funzo posted:

It took me a minute to realize the Land Raider was a flail and not in fact a balloon.

It's an Air Raider :orks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It would have worked if the rest of the figure was posed to support it! But yeah they managed to make a land raider appear weightless.

Better would have been a giant gob-bot swinging the land raider like a fanatic.