Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

tempo priest isn't a good deck but it's a good laddering deck because you generally know by turn 3 whether you've won or not (either you played minions or you didn't draw any)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Every single time I push for D1 3 stars, in that final game I run into Trolden level bad luck and then lose 3 in a row.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Just had shadowjeweler singlehandedly turn a game around against me because it just locked down everything I tried to do with secrets. Oh and zephrys wanted to give me bloodlust instead of flare against five secrets. Gonna be a long year

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Has anyone been having success with Libram Paladin? I've been running it in wild and I'm pretty sure i'm going to hit at least platinum 10. I don't even necessarily feel like it's a GOOD deck, but I've been able to deal with a fair amount of decks by just throwing, at a minimum, 2/2 recruits at things for board control.

### Liadrin's Librams
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Glow-Tron
# 1x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lightforged Blessing
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 1x (2) Subdue
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Hope's End
#
AAEBAYsWBqcF6awCipoDlqwDlrYDhMEDDNwDjwmIxwLW/gKQrgONtgPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's not even fine-tuned. I just took the recipe and replaced some stuff to have early game and a bit of draw.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

Has anyone been having success with Libram Paladin? I've been running it in wild and I'm pretty sure i'm going to hit at least platinum 10. I don't even necessarily feel like it's a GOOD deck, but I've been able to deal with a fair amount of decks by just throwing, at a minimum, 2/2 recruits at things for board control.

### Liadrin's Librams
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Glow-Tron
# 1x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 1x (2) Subdue
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAEBAYsWBqcF6awCipoDlqwDlrYDhMEDDNwDjwmIxwLW/gKQrgONtgPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's not even fine-tuned. I just took the recipe and replaced some stuff to have early game and a bit of draw.
Pure libram paladin in standard has been good for me. I even outvalued a rez priest

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Yestermoment posted:

### Liadrin's Librams
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Glow-Tron
# 1x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 1x (2) Subdue
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
#

You're running Librams in Wild, you should try and craft Eydis Darkbane. She's a machine gun.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Firebert posted:

Not dragon priest but a tempo priest list has been kicking around since the nerfs, has very favourable matchups vs the meta

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/glzpls/tempo_buff_priest_d5_to_legend/

I feel like this looks a lot better than it actually is. It completely lacks draw and has no answer to any kind of removal. You build up your nicely buffed board, one Zephrys or any kind of board clear makes it go away immediately, leaving you with no hand, no board and no hope in recovering quickly. Against classes with no removal like DH or the current warriors that works very well, but other priests are a nightmare, rogues double flikk the poo poo out of you and even a mage can just polymorph your board into nothingness.
Obviously since you know by turn 5 whether or not you've won or should concede it's probably the most time-efficient priest deck we have currently, but honestly you can get the same result by just playing braindead face hunters who at least don't care about removal that much.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This is my current wild libram paladin list that I have posted before. I have 67% win rate and I'm diamond 8 (mostly playing this).

### Xerox 3.1
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 2x (2) Echoing Ooze
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Immortal Prelate
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) Auctionmaster Beardo
# 1x (3) Eydis Darkbane
# 2x (3) Paragon of Light
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Replicat-o-tron
# 1x (4) The Voraxx
# 1x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAEBAYsWCtcTnb0CuccCjtMC4+MCw+oC5oYDyrgDhMEDs8QDCvYHwg6IxwL+8wLZ/gL9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
After all the unfun interactions I've had with shadowjeweler this week I've come to the conclusion that he should give out random secrets and be returned to being a 1/5

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm only using him in Wild but I like the certainty of knowing that playing a Rogue secret with 3 mana means I'm guaranteed a Paladin secret to play on top.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Well I think I'm forever doomed to rank 1 two stars.

It really feels at this point like I need to play enough games to get lucky with draws and opponents.

I went from rank d5 to D1.2 in a single run then back down to d5 goofing around with pirate warrior before another perfect streak back to the same place.

Do you play people in legend at high diamond? It sure feels like I'm running into some gatekeeper decks tuned very hard against aggro climbing decks.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I've been putzing around between legend 6k and 8k and I either play people towards my rank or anyone from diamond 4-7. I'd assume slightly higher legend is playing slightly higher diamond until you get into the top 2000 or so.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Xguard86 posted:

Do you play people in legend at high diamond? It sure feels like I'm running into some gatekeeper decks tuned very hard against aggro climbing decks.

Yes, since legend and star bonus players are solely matched by their MMR and not any rank, they can get matched with diamond players very easily and since the original premise of legend being the top 10000 of a given region is gone as dad legend now exists and legend rank 25000 is now a thing, that means that a majority of legend players are matched with not just lower diamond, but any diamond. It seems to be the case that in fact there are now almost more legend than diamond 1 to 5 players in the US and EU at least, since the diamond players with no star bonus should be matched based on rank and thus only get legend players if a) their MMR is similar to the legend ones and b) there aren't enough diamond players in the queue at that given time to match them properly.

So yeah since many legend players at like 22000 don't care about what the number says, you might see more anti fun decks that ruin your ladder endeavors while hardly bothering those already in legend.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Xguard86 posted:

Well I think I'm forever doomed to rank 1 two stars.

It really feels at this point like I need to play enough games to get lucky with draws and opponents.

I went from rank d5 to D1.2 in a single run then back down to d5 goofing around with pirate warrior before another perfect streak back to the same place.

Idk about standard, but I'm bouncing between 1000-600 wild and I'm facing mostly people diamond 6-3. Maybe my mmr sucks though idk.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I wonder if they'll adjust that. It seems odd to mix diamond and legend so freely.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Xguard86 posted:

I wonder if they'll adjust that. It seems odd to mix diamond and legend so freely.

If you think about it, a lot of people in diamond not at a rank floor have probably been on a decent run. So it makes sense that their MMR would be kind of high.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm currently playing against a Demon Hunter with the 1000 win skin. What the gently caress.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Devo posted:

If you think about it, a lot of people in diamond not at a rank floor have probably been on a decent run. So it makes sense that their MMR would be kind of high.

This is why I want to know what my mmr is.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Made it to Diamond 1, 3 stars, had a great opening hand, now back to diamond 2. I should probably just quit the game, it's more stressful than fun now.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
After my 6th time time being one win away, I finally made it over the hurdle and into legend for the first time.

Highlander Hunter was my deck of choice. 54 games from D5 to legend. Being able to play different decks is going to be great.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I’m in the 2000-2500 range and it seems about half my games are against similarly ranked legend players and the other half are D3-D1 players.

Devo posted:

I'm currently playing against a Demon Hunter with the 1000 win skin. What the gently caress.

What, you don’t play 2000 games a month?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Devo posted:

There was a guy who casually posted his 1000th win with demon hunter between a bunch of other stuff on IG. He hit legend twice and made it through all nerfs since release, around 1900 games in total, but also got like 150 wins in the first 18 hours before the hot fix was released, where he mostly won because non-DHs conceded to them being dumb hosed overpowered.

So yeah if you got some free time on your hands, I have absolutely no idea how anyone's mind could stay sane this way.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

There was at least one player at the ongoing grandmaster tournament that had the DH 1000 skin as well.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't even know how people can climb with aggro and not find it soul-crushingly boring, playing basically nothing but DH for the past 6 weeks is just insanity to me

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

I don't even know how people can climb with aggro and not find it soul-crushingly boring, playing basically nothing but DH for the past 6 weeks is just insanity to me

To be fair chump's murloc DH is bonkers and you win or lose games in under 5 minutes.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Fenarisk posted:

To be fair chump's murloc DH is bonkers and you win or lose games in under 5 minutes.

but like every game is playing the same 5-10 cards every time, you don't get to make interesting decisions or anything

I just don't understand how that's fun for anyone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Julio Cruz posted:

but like every game is playing the same 5-10 cards every time, you don't get to make interesting decisions or anything

I just don't understand how that's fun for anyone

Just because you can't see the decisions doesn't mean they don't exist.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

It's also nice to open a beer, listen to music and only have to really think every 3rd turn or so.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

AnacondaHL posted:

Just because you can't see the decisions doesn't mean they don't exist.
fuckin’ bodied

For real though, playing aggro isn’t any more mindless than playing control, or at least it shouldn’t be. Knowing your outs and playing to them, anticipating responses, reading your opponent for openings, maximizing your damage per card, knowing when to shift from board control to chasing lethal, there’s still lots to do in 75 seconds. Even decks like face hunter need to make a bunch of these decisions and the answers aren’t always obvious. Just because a deck can be autopiloted doesn’t mean that it’s the correct way to play it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Midrange decks are waaaaaaaaaaay more autopilot than aggro. You can lose a game as aggro in the first 3 turns with your mulligan and first few decisions.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I somewhat miss the days of going Argent Squire -> Shielded Minibot -> Muster for Battle -> Piloted Shredder -> Sludge Blecher -> WHO AM I? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Horrible to play against, but mindless fun to play as.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I mean yeah I'm sure there's decision making going on at higher levels but 99% of the aggro I see in mid-plat Wild can be summed up as "play minions on curve, go face"

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I despise playing as and against aggro. It's equally mindless on both sides, draw cards to find out who wins!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Promoted Pawn posted:

fuckin’ bodied

For real though, playing aggro isn’t any more mindless than playing control, or at least it shouldn’t be. Knowing your outs and playing to them, anticipating responses, reading your opponent for openings, maximizing your damage per card, knowing when to shift from board control to chasing lethal, there’s still lots to do in 75 seconds. Even decks like face hunter need to make a bunch of these decisions and the answers aren’t always obvious. Just because a deck can be autopiloted doesn’t mean that it’s the correct way to play it.

I mean, yeah, in theory and for truly competitive gaming that's true, but in practise most people copy paste a deck from reddit or hsreplay, dump it in their collection, think about, at best, what cards to craft if they don't go full money, and then play 200 games in a row with the eyes somewhat meeting the hearthstone screen every third round tops.

That's not a thing about aggro or control or whatever though, just about the complexity of the deck. There are complex aggro games that need you to decide good stuff in 3 turns and dumbfuck control priest decks where you drop the same removal whenever your eye sees something remotely resembling the color of a specific minion. It's just that usually the aggro version of the latter is cheap and accessible, so you see it more often.

It's not like these hordes of highlander priests that throw turn 2 zephrys into your face to click on the colorful card that hopefully is brightwing are all experts their craft.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

The best complex manuver in facehunter is timing all your face damage death rattle minions with their priestess of furry. Hopefully combined with the right total for lethal.

Double points if that total includes a fire trap which DH's just can't resist triggering the next turn.

With the nerfs and priestess-less DH way less common now.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Goons Are Great posted:

I mean, yeah, in theory and for truly competitive gaming that's true, but in practise most people copy paste a deck from reddit or hsreplay, dump it in their collection, think about, at best, what cards to craft if they don't go full money, and then play 200 games in a row with the eyes somewhat meeting the hearthstone screen every third round tops.

That's not a thing about aggro or control or whatever though, just about the complexity of the deck. There are complex aggro games that need you to decide good stuff in 3 turns and dumbfuck control priest decks where you drop the same removal whenever your eye sees something remotely resembling the color of a specific minion. It's just that usually the aggro version of the latter is cheap and accessible, so you see it more often.

It's not like these hordes of highlander priests that throw turn 2 zephrys into your face to click on the colorful card that hopefully is brightwing are all experts their craft.

I would be very surprised if most people played 200 games in an expansion, much less in a row with the same deck.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

yikes! posted:

I would be very surprised if most people played 200 games in an expansion, much less in a row with the same deck.

Yeah I wasn't being serious about that, but on the other hand, 1000 wins DHs exist, so let's see how many crazyheads are out there :tinfoil:

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Since hitting legend I've been conceding to any opponent below legend that responds to my initial greeting. Is there anything I am missing out on by torpedoing my Legend rank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

If you get to top 1500 you get the 11x star bonus on the next season, otherwise you’re just playing for fun at this point.