Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Im legit sad about Hana, I don’t watch much stardom but she was one of the ones I followed for sure and seemed to have a real bright future in wrestling, this is lovely to wake up to, and I don’t get why people generally have to suck so bad all the time :[

I’m gonna post this pic hangman posted on insta bc it makes me feel a little better

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

hadji murad posted:

That’s why I was sarcastic towards him.

I live in Tokyo and have two daughters. Seeing someone say their entire country hates them pissed me off and also reminded me that I should probably take a break myself. Sorry if I caused offence. I’ll unbookmark this thread for a while.

i thought your post was fine, tbh :shrug:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

extradite THIS! posted:

If I’m understanding the text right, she’s saying ”I love you, live a long and happy life. Sorry.”

gently caress

FUUUUUCCCCKKKK

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PepsimanVsJoe posted:

Not too long ago, QANon shitwits were talking about how drinking bleach "would protect them from the coronavirus." I said something to the effect of 'If that's what they think, then they can drink all the bleach they want.'
In less than a minute, I got reported and slapped with a 48 hour ban.

Conversely, a woman gets hundreds of daily messages telling her that she should die over a goddamn reality show. Eventually it becomes too much and she takes her own life.
Will Twitter do anything about that? NOPE. Not a chance in Hell.

loving bullshit.

It's hosed up that they hide behind an entirely passive system for one of the biggest internet platforms and the primary reason is cost.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

From abuse to fake news to giving the hateful a platform to everything else it is responsible for - social media is absolutely a mistake and it's negatives far outweigh any positives

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1264219869916078081

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wasn't he claiming he was loving his own daughter or something at one point?

He's either mentally ill, a predator or a mixture of both

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Well, come on now, boys will be boys.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know anything about Martin but i hope he didn't even know that girl he claimed was his daughter that time either. or know anyone.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
People on these kind of reality shows are probably contractually obligated to have social media so they can “engage with the fans” and vice-versa right? I know it doesn’t solve the problem but it’s sucks if you can’t just delete the app sending hateful poo poo into your brain every waking moment.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Cavauro posted:

i don't know anything about Martin but i hope he didn't even know that girl he claimed was his daughter that time either. or know anyone.

in the immortal words of the iron shiek, gently caress MARTY

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

WWE should've added these for Ryback's "FEED ME MORE" gimmick, perfect tie-in

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Marty should get the boots put to him. Animal style.

I mean don't stop until he looks like chili.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wasn't he claiming he was loving his own daughter or something at one point?

He's either mentally ill, a predator or a mixture of both

He posted that he was happy the test came back and he wasn’t her father so that he could gently caress her, I believe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

but she's been daughter

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Remember when Marty drugged some college students on a flight and then the entire cabin stood up and applauded him for being so cool.

Mumbling Nuggets
Jan 14, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Marty Jannety is the Marty Jannety of pedophiles

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mr. Carlisle posted:

From abuse to fake news to giving the hateful a platform to everything else it is responsible for - social media is absolutely a mistake and it's negatives far outweigh any positives

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1264212108025217024

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seems kinda sensible

Is this where somebody "Well actually"'s me about Maffew doing something heinous because I hope not

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it is just a non-stop hose of poo poo that you can't turn off without not being involved at all with social media. But if you want to self-promote, and you need to for any creative venture, you have to be involved some. The fact that there is no real way to use Twitter without having that endless stream of noise in your face makes it awful.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1264279530354720774

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/1264290512120328192

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Miro being a super good dude, and breaking kayfabe about his marriage at the same time. His Twitch is super chill people should definitely give it a watch.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Asuka had some words about Hana. Sifting through Google translate, the key points are feeling sadness, unable to find the right words and remembering her coming to show as a kid with Kyoko. Followed by another tweet about the hate emails she received before moving west, and unsure if her rep allowed her to comment/express herself about this scary situation.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264152312957657089?s=19

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264164668215488514?s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Asuka had some words about Hana. Sifting through Google translate, the key points are feeling sadness, unable to find the right words and remembering her coming to show as a kid with Kyoko. Followed by another tweet about the hate emails she received before moving west, and unsure if her rep allowed her to comment/express herself about this scary situation.

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264152312957657089?s=19

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1264164668215488514?s=19

Her still being worried about get reputation, especially with commenting on something like this, is sad.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Doubt that's what she meant and likely mistranslated, but by all means erase her expressions of sympathy. There was more said amongst the translation but harder to parse.

This whole situation is loving awful and Im not in the mood to doubt the condolences posted by fellow wrestlers. (except Ellsworth because, y'know..)

Edit: Apologies in advance if I'm coming across as acerbic at this time.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 24, 2020

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jiro posted:

Miro being a super good dude, and breaking kayfabe about his marriage at the same time. His Twitch is super chill people should definitely give it a watch.
why the gently caress would he care about the kayfabe of the company that fired him haha

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

why the gently caress would he care about the kayfabe of the company that fired him haha

Because they would absolutely punish his wife for it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because they would absolutely punish his wife for it

oh no what if they booked her poorly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

oh no what if they booked her poorly

Crazy that they actually traveled back in time to begin punishing her.

Edit: Also, general thread reminder: if you're going to post a tweet in a foreign language then please include a copied translation of it.

ASUKA posted:

I don't know where to put this sad feeling and I can't find the words to say ... I remember when Hana was still a little girl, she always came to the venue with her grandmother.

ASUKA posted:

For several years until I moved to the US, I got a lot of emails every day telling me not to die, to break female wrestling, to leave this industry. And today, I was wondering if you couldn't comment yet, even though other players are commenting. I'm too keen on my sense of justice and I don't realize that I'm the same. This is scary.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:50 on May 24, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It could be worse, they could put her in singles matches against Nia Jax.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
wrong thread. sorry!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Putting it in a link to avoid spoilers for Double or Nothing, but EVIL UNO's twitter timeline is the best

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Also, general thread reminder: if you're going to post a tweet in a foreign language then please include a copied translation of it.

Yeah I should have done this, dodgy mobile phone and my own lazyness be damned, sorry. My bad, J-ru.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

youre just as likely to get the opposite meaning as the correct one using google, use deepL or dont bother imo

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Doesn't that sound like her musing about whether she is just as cowardly as a troll if she doesn't speak out?

I read that as introspective.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I read that as sort of fear of being targeted by the same kinds of scumbags. Like people have been scared of saying there's a problem with the obsessive stans, because they might just try and destroy you next.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its pretty easy to throw rocks when everyone is throwing rocks. I'm starting to shy away from the more dunk on social media mentality and just straight blocking lovely people. I don't need to waste my time winging insults at them when I have far more important poo poo to do. I think its important for fandoms to reiterate codes of conducts to their participants and enforce them. I think a certain degree of gatekeeping is essential but its more social contract levels, like "look if you act in a way that makes other people uncomfortable enough to complain, you gotta go. Its our space and it can be yours too if you get along with others" Just basic playground poo poo except dressed in new digital language.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

coconono posted:

its pretty easy to throw rocks when everyone is throwing rocks. I'm starting to shy away from the more dunk on social media mentality and just straight blocking lovely people. I don't need to waste my time winging insults at them when I have far more important poo poo to do. I think its important for fandoms to reiterate codes of conducts to their participants and enforce them. I think a certain degree of gatekeeping is essential but its more social contract levels, like "look if you act in a way that makes other people uncomfortable enough to complain, you gotta go. Its our space and it can be yours too if you get along with others" Just basic playground poo poo except dressed in new digital language.

What do your fingers smell like? I absolutely agree with you on this. I've spent a lot of time being angry on social media and all it's done is give me headaches. Hitting the block quickly has done me wonders.

Hiram fucked around with this message at 07:39 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I feel like Asuka was saying that she didn't want to speak out about the harassment for fear of developing a reputation. As in, "oh don't bring her in she's a drama queen". That sort of meathead bullshit.

When someone shines a light on something people don't want to talk about it's a lot easier to cast that person as the problem than it is to try to fix the situation.