Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Tbf to shovelbum going from “we’re all gonna die!” to “there’s nothing you can do, go outside and accept the virus” is a consistent pro-viral psyops message. Pretty sure they’re a sock puppet account for Coronavirus.

shovelbum looked at his hand and decided to protein fold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

thank you working hard!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

i feel like there's definitely some obvious bot behavior that could be looked for, like how when the venezuela stuff cooked off again there were suddenly a bunch of brand new twitter accounts purporting to be freedom-yearning venezuelans who all spoke perfect english and all just happened to post the same exact thing word for word

but also most americans are dumber than markov bots so i'm not sure how much utility identifying the more mundane bots would have

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i feel like there's definitely some obvious bot behavior that could be looked for, like how when the venezuela stuff cooked off again there were suddenly a bunch of brand new twitter accounts purporting to be freedom-yearning venezuelans who all spoke perfect english and all just happened to post the same exact thing word for word

but also most americans are dumber than markov bots so i'm not sure how much utility identifying the more mundane bots would have

I still smile at "Sabine Mengele-Eichmann".

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

OH yeah, sure, it's just that once the people looking for them start going "well, we can't tell our methods, because the bot makers will catch on" is basically the moment they can shove in unlimited false positives, especially if the only authority they have to answer to is themselves, and then it's they opinion versus nobody, really, and they can and will convince themselves of anything, so long as it supports their worldview and their paymaster's worldview.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

yeah lol, i'm not sure whos supposed to benefit from half the drat world losing their minds but they are fuckin persistent with this poo poo

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

None of these bot identifying investigations will ever admit that most of them come from actors within the united states, it is only to fearmonger about russia and china

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

None of these bot identifying investigations will ever admit that most of them come from actors within the united states, it is only to fearmonger about russia and china

Basically, and also a lot of it is perfectly organic, from the dispossessed slave owners complaining about Cuba to the reinstated slave owners complaining about Morales to Mike WeltEisLehre complaining about the masks.

But making about the Russians and so on goes hand in hand with bipartisan foreign policy objectives and the furthering of economic policy.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Edit: Nevermind, beaten. I took way to long to hit post.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is Horry County. Guess what city is in Horry County lmao :rip:

Robert Horry ?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

We flattened the curve, everyone. Good job. Any dissenters from here on out will be dismissed as liberal hand wringing.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

CUM INFECTIONS

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pregnancy is a really drawn out cum infection

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
What's the whole story with Bill Gates being behind everything? I've been avoiding right-wing fever swamps because poo poo sucks enough.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Zeroisanumber posted:

What's the whole story with Bill Gates being behind everything? I've been avoiding right-wing fever swamps because poo poo sucks enough.

he said a thing about vaccines and is a rich lizard person

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

He gives too much to charity and makes the other rich folks look bad

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Zeroisanumber posted:

He invested a serious pile of cash into vaccine funding. I'm sure you can figure out the rest from there.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Man Musk posted:

He gives too much to charity and makes the other rich folks look bad

His huge contributions badly distort policy in neoliberal or accidentally wrong directions, without allowing for discussion, also, if you're critiquing him from the other side.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

oxsnard posted:

I left a bad internet review for that Costco meltdown guy's business last week and now he's threatening to sue me. What should I do, goons?

Sounds like a bad experience, you should update your review.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

there are a lot of ways to detect bots though, not just what they say. they post in bursts, they have similar/designed social networks, etc. maybe you can't make a 100% bot or not call on an individual account, but i think you can definitely monitor what conversations botnets care about at any given moment.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

Ketchuptown

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

shovelbum surely you cant post this much from the boat

what are we all to do when you decide to ship out?

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Zeroisanumber posted:

rich person not racist enough for the right-wing outrage machine

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zeroisanumber posted:

People will give you some well thought out critiques of Gates itt but if we’re talking right wing reasoning it’s this:

Der Meister posted:

he said a thing about vaccines and is a rich lizard person

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

shovelbum posted:

His huge contributions badly distort policy in neoliberal or accidentally wrong directions, without allowing for discussion, also, if you're critiquing him from the other side.

Is the public sector really being crowded out though if there is no ground to cede?

E: postin music https://youtu.be/uxHqaiJmJH8

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
For the entirety of May we only leave the house to go to and from the hospital which makes it feel like everyone is observing social distance guidelines and wearing masks. LOCK-N IT UP!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hint: it has the second worst case to ratio of its state

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 21:38 on May 23, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

oxsnard posted:

I left a bad internet review for that Costco meltdown guy's business last week and now he's threatening to sue me. What should I do, goons?

ask him if hes familiar with the LIGMA clause of the BOFA statute

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

youd think the eugenics would be enough to make the chuds love the gates clan but hell, too rich is too rich

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

overmind2000 posted:

Hint: it has the second worst case to ratio of its state

Actually it turns out it's only the third worst, I'm actually living in the worst one :toot:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Horry county is home to Myrtle beach, which is one of the worst places in the entire world.

It’s so trashy it would make Jersey city blush.

And it’s shoulder to shoulder down there this weekend.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Today seems bad, so I started thinkin bout those water-quality clams from yesterday, and now life is good!

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Horry Rip Check

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
horry poo poo. pisssssss.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Brandon Proust posted:

rich person not racist enough for the right-wing outrage machine

He's still pretty racist, to be clear.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

anime was right posted:

horry poo poo. pisssssss.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1145533703965179904?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
He destroyed education in america single handedly by pushing for standardized testing scores being the only thing that matters.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/shaygabriel/status/1263493602648510464?s=21

Asproigerosis posted:

He destroyed education in america single handedly by pushing for standardized testing scores being the only thing that matters.

Good news that school is out forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

Simply put they don't, you can trawl the mass of tweets and other trash for the same set of words present over and over again because that's pretty telltale, but it's not always that easy, it's not a problem though, they don't need to show results, they can compare their results to their own results and deduce they are better.

Just like the other great circlejerk: https://michaelkreil.github.io/openbots/

Basically saying bots is just a way to dismiss speech, of course here it's bad speech and likely even done by bots, sometimes, but don't go thinking any of that research is worth a penny, it's a post facto rationalization for what needs to be thought by some people.