Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:patriot:

https://twitter.com/DrDooleyMD/status/1264329283356561408

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
2 out of 3 tech workers would leave SF permanently if they could work remotely
sfgate.com/May 22, 2020
"Life and work in the Bay Area may be changed forever.

An anonymous survey of 4,400 tech workers, conducted by Blind, found that two thirds of employees would consider leaving the Bay Area if they had the option to work remotely, as reported by Business Insider.

That option seems more and more likely as tech giants announce plans to let employees work remotely, indefinitely."

Hundreds protest in Sacramento against stay-at-home order
sfgate.com/May 23, 2020
"Hundreds of protesters rallied outside the state Capitol on Saturday to protest against California's stay-at-home orders even as residents entered the Memorial Day weekend with newly expanded options for beachgoing, barbecuing and shopping.

The rally to demand that Gov. Gavin Newsom lift his restrictions on business, religious gatherings and other activities took on the atmosphere of a political rally and festival on a closed-off street."

6 months on, Trump hasn't completed his physical. The White House won't say why.
nbcnews.com/May 22, 2020
"’s been more than six months since President Donald Trump claimed to have started his annual physical at Walter Reed hospital but the White House is declining to explain why he has yet to complete the yearly doctor’s examination."

Trump Forced Meat Processing Plants to Stay Open. Now There's Almost 600 Workers With Coronavirus at a North Carolina Plant.
vice.com/May 21 2020
"Tyson Foods has yet another massive coronavirus outbreak at one of its meat processing plants: Almost 600 workers and contractors employed at its North Carolina chicken processing complex have tested positive for COVID-19 just a week after slowing production to a crawl."

President Trump Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Staff As U.S. Mourns Nearly 100,000 Dead
npr.org/May 22, 2020

Brazil Is Starting to Lose the Fight Against Coronavirus—and Its President Is Looking the Other Way
time.com/May 21, 2020
"On May 9, Brazil’s death toll from the coronavirus topped 10,000. Instead of marking the grim milestone with an address or a sign of respect for the victims, President Jair Bolsonaro took a spin on a jet ski. Video footage widely circulated on social media shows Brazil’s far-right leader grinning as he pulls up to a boat on Brasília’s Paranoá Lake where supporters are having a cookout. As he grips onto their boat, Bolsonaro jokes about the “neurosis” of Brazilians worried about the virus. “There’s nothing to be done [about it],” he shrugs. “It’s madness.”"

Desperate workers rush to delivery app jobs to find low pay and punishing rules
washingtonpost.com/May 23, 2020
'There weren’t many opportunities for hospitality workers such as Salgado under the city’s shelter-in-place order. But Salgado had his own car and figured he would have an easier time finding a side hustle than his co-workers. To make rent, he threw himself into working full-time for grocery delivery company Instacart, which has exploded in popularity during the coronavirus pandemic and is hiring 550,000 workers to keep up with demand.

“Honestly, I feel like I have no other choice,” he said. “There’s really no other place to work unless it’s working at a grocery store, doing delivery service like this.”'

Trump Misleads on Hydroxychloroquine, Again
factcheck.org/May 21, 2020
"In announcing that he has been taking hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19, President Donald Trump made a series of inaccurate, unsubstantiated or misleading statements related to the drug, which remains an unproven treatment against the coronavirus:"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1264385562120683520

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

GoutPatrol posted:

The worst thing I learned from this thread today is that Ron DeStantis is 41. 41!!!!!!!! This fucker is going to be around another 40-50 years, being poo poo in politics.

My current "claim to fame" is that I went to elementary school (Catholic school) with him, he was two grades ahead of me. My brother was in his sister's class. I don't remember him much, but most people at the school were sanctimonious assholes.

Also, the scarier thing is all the young judges being installed by McConnell.

Edit: ooh, googling DeSantis and our elementary school name, there's a former teacher who gushes about how sweet and kind and nice he was. She was a big fan of corporal punishment and would take out her frustration on me. So I doubt her opinion of DeSantis.

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 24, 2020

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

That's pretty bold bragging about the lowest black unemployment rate in American history, in a, checks notes pandemic that literally and figuratively broke the unemployment system.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

As the reopen backfire goes on, we're gonna see more of this whining as businesses voluntarily continue or go back to lockdown mode. My mother won't shut up about how pissed she is her favorite pizza place refuses to reopen seating even though they legally can now.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Kerning Chameleon posted:

As the reopen backfire goes on, we're gonna see more of this whining as businesses voluntarily continue or go back to lockdown mode. My mother won't shut up about how pissed she is her favorite pizza place refuses to reopen seating even though they legally can now.

The big names and chain restaurants are going to be very cautious because of the liability exposure. I imagine desperate owners of their own place will be the first to open.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.
Donnie's re-tweeting tweets about Stacey Abrams being fat & black, one referencing "Hillary the Skank", and also nicknaming Pelosi PolyGrip for some reason. The barbs are losing a bit of their fun catchiness since the Low Energy Jeb! times.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wilhelm posted:

Donnie's re-tweeting tweets about Stacey Abrams being fat & black, one referencing "Hillary the Skank", and also nicknaming Pelosi PolyGrip for some reason. The barbs are losing a bit of their fun catchiness since the Low Energy Jeb! times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aravosis/status/1264394320364343296

Jamais Vu Again
Sep 16, 2012

zebras can have spots too

Wilhelm posted:

Polygrip is dentures adhesive. As usual, it’s all projection (insert video clips with his loose teef knocking around his mouth)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Rigel posted:

The big names and chain restaurants are going to be very cautious because of the liability exposure. I imagine desperate owners of their own place will be the first to open.

Red states and congress are pushing super hard to make it so that companies aren't liable for their employees/customers catching the virus once they reopen, so I imagine if/when (for Congress their law would usurp.... every state's liability laws which is difficult legally) that happens you'll see a ton more people open up because they can legally murder their employees and customers with no consequences

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
He also retweeted these today.I can't figure out how he thinks either of these make him look good.

https://twitter.com/AMErikaNGIRLLL/status/1254795872942120963
https://twitter.com/TeamTrump/status/1264306431735377920

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Otteration posted:

Hundreds protest in Sacramento against stay-at-home order
sfgate.com/May 23, 2020
"Hundreds of protesters rallied outside the state Capitol on Saturday to protest against California's stay-at-home orders even as residents entered the Memorial Day weekend with newly expanded options for beachgoing, barbecuing and shopping.

The rally to demand that Gov. Gavin Newsom lift his restrictions on business, religious gatherings and other activities took on the atmosphere of a political rally and festival on a closed-off street."
Weird. I grabbed a pizza from a joint on the other side of the Capitol, maybe six blocks away. Had no idea this was going on. Hell I though there was much less foot traffic than usual for a nice Saturday. Think I saw a black pickup with related crap scrawled on it though.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

You can search pretty much any major city or just "beach" or "crowds" or "social distancing" or "masks" and see hundreds of tweets like this.

https://twitter.com/HellgrenWJZ/status/1264311034996838401

https://twitter.com/nicholasddyer/status/1264351221672038400

https://twitter.com/abc13houston/status/1264358426169225216

https://twitter.com/morethanmySLE/status/1264388551220830209

https://twitter.com/morethanmySLE/status/1264376978314088449

Who cares about social distancing when there's a long weekend to enjoy, amirite?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllenWest/status/1264357842628145152

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
#prayersforwarcriminals

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Tayter Swift posted:

Weird. I grabbed a pizza from a joint on the other side of the Capitol, maybe six blocks away. Had no idea this was going on. Hell I though there was much less foot traffic than usual for a nice Saturday. Think I saw a black pickup with related crap scrawled on it though.

They don't wander around downtown. They go to 10th and Capitol, wave a bunch of Gadsden flags and Trump flags, sign the hopeless Gavin Newsom recall petition that they probably already signed, and then they get in their lifted trucks and go back to Yuba City or Merced or wherever the gently caress else these people come from. It's really uneventful, but local media treats them as if they are breaking down the Berlin Wall or something.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

I just can’t wrap my head around still understanding concepts like “3 day weekend” or “what day it is” or “being able to be in a crowded area without having a panic attack”, much less being excited for them. Are these beach and club goers even living on the same planet?

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

They just don't give a poo poo. That's what makes them exceptional Americans.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Promoted Pawn posted:

I just can’t wrap my head around still understanding concepts like “3 day weekend” or “what day it is” or “being able to be in a crowded area without having a panic attack”, much less being excited for them. Are these beach and club goers even living on the same planet?

Yeah, I've been having to go to work, but I drove past a crowded outdoor flea market that just reopened while on the way in. I let out a quiet, horrified shriek in my car. So many people seem to think this is either over or was never anything.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Promoted Pawn posted:

loving same. It really is wreaking havoc with my mental health too.

I've had the urge to scream something way more tame at restaurants crowded full of people but what about two kids playing in a park set this person off, exactly?

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 24, 2020

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Tayter Swift posted:

Since a lot of them came in on chartered buses and are old and overweight they probably didnt wander far from the park

On a livestream i saw people sitting on those memorial plaques for dead california police officers and none of the Blue Lives Matter people noticed or cared

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
States opening up even a little is basically signaling to people with cabin fever that the pandemic is over and this is the weekend to celebrate that; who gives a gently caress about the huge spikes that are going to appear in a few days? It's over and the Trump administration will gladly feed into that. There are stories about sports starting back up and amusement parks opening back up so it seems like society in the US is going to have to deal with coronavirus deaths happening in the background.

It'll be interesting to see how the Trump administration effects media. Things that would come across as outlandish and stupid in stories are happening every day.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh boy I always wanted to live in Cowslip’s Warren

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

Data Graham posted:

Oh boy I always wanted to live in Cowslip’s Warren

Perfect analogy.

And all this time we were worried about turning into Efrafa.

Wilbur Swain fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 24, 2020

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
Someone asked for this further up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

VH4Ever posted:

I've had the urge to scream something way more tame at restaurants crowded full of people but what about two kids playing in a park set this person off, exactly?

It’s way easier and safer to scream at two kids in a field than at a restaurant full of adults

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sarcastro posted:

Someone asked for this further up.

https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/status/1264280187912552448

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The optics are gonna be great when Trump starts screaming about the failing NY Times in the upcoming hours.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Couldn't we just loving wait until like mid July? If we gave this another 2 months or whatever of being really careful about social distancing, we could start to open poo poo up safely and by the end of the summer, hopefully have poo poo go semi-back to normal, minus the 150k or so deaths. But NOOOOO, we had to open up now, while there are still over 1k deaths/day and now this poo poo is going to spike again and ravage us through the fall. Good job, assholes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

KillHour posted:

Couldn't we just loving wait until like mid July? If we gave this another 2 months or whatever of being really careful about social distancing, we could start to open poo poo up safely and by the end of the summer, hopefully have poo poo go semi-back to normal, minus the 150k or so deaths. But NOOOOO, we had to open up now, while there are still over 1k deaths/day and now this poo poo is going to spike again and ravage us through the fall. Good job, assholes.

If people (starting with the idiots in charge) had been smart in February and early March, we could safely be open now. We're in an endless loop of waves now until a vaccine or therapeutic treatment is developed because the culture war is lost.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It's always fun when people in their loving 80's come up to you and talk about how they're happy this "nonsense" is over.

Especially when your near 90 year old grandmother tested positive for it a couple weeks ago.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Asparagus Urine posted:

It's always fun when people in their loving 80's come up to you and talk about how they're happy this "nonsense" is over.

Especially when your near 90 year old grandmother tested positive for it a couple weeks ago.

It's really fun when your dad died of it and someone on FB (that you work with) posts Candace Owens calling your dad's very death in Michigan of coronavirus part of a "democratic hoax"! :fuckoff:

That loving woman is demented and warped in the head. Seriously gently caress the Right so god damned hard. Unrepetentant grifting monsters, all of them

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

PeterCat posted:

So who do they expect to move into the newly vacated properties?

rats and roaches

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

LeeMajors posted:

lol no one is injecting me with a loving chip so they can surveil me and my family.

it might be the one issue where I somehow end up on the same side as evangelicals. Congrats universe.

the only chips I'm injecting are pringles pizza in my mouth.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TulliusCicero posted:

The GOP suiciding their own reliable over 60+ demo in this election was certainly a twist I didn't expect tbh

Biden's going to win in a landslide with that demo if this keeps up

Shouldn't really be that big a shock. It was pretty much the same argument they were using when the shutdowns started.
After all, this is the same party that didn't want the ACA because "death panels" while propping up unregulated insurance systems that have literal death panels ingrained in them

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

theflyingorc posted:

He isn't, other books clearly mention women in leadership roles, teaching and prophesying and whatnot

It's almost like the part they like was written by a dick that didn't listen to any of the teaching of "that hippie they stuck on a cross"

Which reminds me, is that "conservative bible project" still alive, or has it died from neglect and stupidity?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Arglebargle III posted:

Lol at the idea that 90% of Chinese people are walking around with a racial slur on their government issue identity card.

Well, add it to the list of stuff that means something different to other languages. Some components we get in at the shop from China have a quality inspector named Brave Wang

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TulliusCicero posted:

The GOP suiciding their own reliable over 60+ demo in this election was certainly a twist I didn't expect tbh

Biden's going to win in a landslide with that demo if this keeps up

Maybe, but Biden appeals only to olds too so :shrug:

Record low turnout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Madkal posted:

Again major apologies. Was supposed to be man trash and I didn't see that I misspelled man somehow and it autocorrected to han

I'd be asking my phone why it's racist