Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Today's WOL is free and features Jim Valley reminiscing about Hana Kimura. It's very :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Dave recorded a renegade interview with Ross Hart on his own! Garrett added a short intro to explain it was recorded phone to phone so the audio might not be crystal clear...

We cut to Dave and as he introduces Ross it sounds like it was recorded in Alex From Puerto Rico's phone booth. Ross's audio sounds fine though.
As in Dave installed a recording app on his phone or Dave put Ross on speakerphone and set a recorder down next to him?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Benne posted:

It's very :smith:

It really was so I was glad they still decided to take a call from Ryan from Cumberland and it was exactly what you think it would be.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

It really was so I was glad they still decided to take a call from Ryan from Cumberland and it was exactly what you think it would be.

asking about jerry jerrett's tv show again?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Today's WOL is free and features Jim Valley reminiscing about Hana Kimura. It's very :smith:

He had to remind himself to stop saying,"Is" and replace it with,"Was" :smith:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Heads up for anyone who wanted to watch B&V live - DoN just ended.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

It has been raining subscriptions on their channel so maybe making it sub-only was a good idea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Heads up for anyone who wanted to watch B&V live - DoN just ended.

I literally can't watch it, even jumping through the 15 steps and 65 different websites you have to link to get to watch it just grays out the subscribe for free button so I gave up and I'll just listen to the audio when it gets uploaded later.

I love f4w/Observer and get a giant amount of value for the money I pay to subscribe to their site, but it really irritates me that they've added extra paywalls on top of all that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dunbar posted:

It has been raining subscriptions on their channel so maybe making it sub-only was a good idea.

They have almost 1400 viewers right now :stare:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Twitch makes me feel old. The B&V stuff is ok but the other channels I’ve tried watching just have a bunch of poo poo on the screen plus the people’s faces on cam and it all feels like an old geocities website with tonnes of unnecessary gifs. Just show me the fuckin game you’re playing

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
i just spent too much time linking my prime to watch this vinny/bryan thing, and finally got in at the orange cassidy helping carry the chip part and im happy i spent all that time figuring that poo poo

e: how long do these usually last? If they''re only at match 2 after 30mins...

vvv: ah I was just going by the timer under the video at 0:30:53 im old i dont do this twitch thing

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 24, 2020

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hirez posted:

i just spent too much time linking my prime to watch this vinny/bryan thing, and finally got in at the orange cassidy helping carry the chip part and im happy i spent all that time figuring that poo poo

e: how long do these usually last? If they''re only at match 2 after 30mins...

They're only about 15 minutes in. They didn't start right after the PPV.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's been a bit since I've watched any Observer stuff. Is the energy always that they hate each other?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Rudocast is live on Twitch talking Double or Nothing! https://www.twitch.tv/rudospodcast

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Big foot

I chuckled

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
too much tom foolery

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinche Rudo posted:

The Rudocast is live on Twitch talking Double or Nothing! https://www.twitch.tv/rudospodcast

did you disable chat or did I make twitch mad again?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The whiplash from Dave talking about AEW to talking about WWE actually hurt my neck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan must have been fired up from Double or Nothing and his Vinny and Filthy show, because he tried to stop the San Jose Steamroller. He... failed.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan must have been fired up from Double or Nothing and his Vinny and Filthy show, because he tried to stop the San Jose Steamroller. He... failed.

He too inspiration from sammy outrunning a horse and a golf cart and thought he could overcome the odds.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I literally can't watch it, even jumping through the 15 steps and 65 different websites you have to link to get to watch it just grays out the subscribe for free button so I gave up and I'll just listen to the audio when it gets uploaded later.

I love f4w/Observer and get a giant amount of value for the money I pay to subscribe to their site, but it really irritates me that they've added extra paywalls on top of all that.

Yeah it's just too much bullshit to get some of it. Link all the poo poo together and charge 15 bucks a month for the lot and that sounds reasonable but they've gone off the deep end

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah it's just too much bullshit to get some of it. Link all the poo poo together and charge 15 bucks a month for the lot and that sounds reasonable but they've gone off the deep end

no thanks, i just want the audio so i'll pay for just the audio

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah like isn't the only reason to do the Twitch sub thing just getting Bryan and Vinny PPV recaps 2 hours early?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

See I didn't even know they give you the audio of everything with a base membership because if you go to the membership page it tells you nothing about what you get for the money you are paying, nor does it tell you that there are additional things to buy etc - I only assumed that the stuff on twitch you either see live or see a short clip of on youtube or you missed it because they remove it from twitch quickly.

Their entire payment pitch method is very muddy and vague and needs completely redone/fleshed out but I'm not worried about it because people post about the best bits here anyway

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

the twitch stuff seems very on the fly they say eventually it's going to have exclusive content or something but yeah its all dumb either have a catch all payment method or stop having a bunch of different hustles its like dlc for a website /o\

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

And they're doing it in an age where even the biggest wrestling company has record low ratings so it might be best to back off nickle and diming the poo poo out of your subscriber base until things get a bit more stable not only with wrestling but with employment - read the room, ya know?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

And they're doing it in an age where even the biggest wrestling company has record low ratings so it might be best to back off nickle and diming the poo poo out of your subscriber base until things get a bit more stable not only with wrestling but with employment - read the room, ya know?
if by “the room” you mean the twitch room with 1,800 people paid in it, then i suspect they’ll carry on doing what they’re doing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if you subscribed to literally every possible avenue of income for f4w you would need accounts for 3 different websites. one of them is to see live video that goes up later anyways. besides that, they have a website subscription for all audio, and a youtube subscription for all video. "It's really quite simple" to put it in wrestling terms.

all of the extra subscription stuff is just that, extra. the base website still has everything it always had, anything extra is in case you want to look at their faces while they say the words instead.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

if by “the room” you mean the twitch room with 1,800 people paid in it, then i suspect they’ll carry on doing what they’re doing

You're not wrong there but it still seems a strange time to push it

yea ok posted:

if you subscribed to literally every possible avenue of income for f4w you would need accounts for 3 different websites. one of them is to see live video that goes up later anyways. besides that, they have a website subscription for all audio, and a youtube subscription for all video. "It's really quite simple" to put it in wrestling terms.

all of the extra subscription stuff is just that, extra. the base website still has everything it always had, anything extra is in case you want to look at their faces while they say the words instead.

Fair enough but what I'm saying is they don't list anywhere on the membership page what is extra and what isn't. You know what is where because you've been a subscriber and have followed them and heard them say it numerous times I'm sure on the shows. I only see clips on youtube typically and their website membership page says "sign up for 11.99 a month" or whatever and that's pretty much it.

It's simple when you put it in print like that (which I do appreciate) but they never have as far as I could tell but I am old and probably blind and my monitor might be off as I type this

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dave's completely out to lunch on the MJF/Jungle Boy booking

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Don't get me started on how horrible the mobile site is...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jubs posted:

it's so bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jubs posted:

absolute crap

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn't there something a few years back where people found out the site was saving passwords and credit card numbers in plaintext?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think it was just passwords but still lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

Wasn't there something a few years back where people found out the site was saving passwords and credit card numbers in plaintext?

I think a bunch of people here actually got their cards stolen during a hack unless I'm remembering wrong

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
dave ignoring the Hana story to talk about Dory Funk/Harley Race for 7 minutes is classic

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a Rudocast post Double or Nothing special from last night. We streamed it originally on Twitch. Audio only version dropping later today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj1CoRgYa94

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
You'd think it was Dave who has "relentless" tattooed on his neck with how he argued with Bryan about Jungle Boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

idk why but I died laughing at Dave’s disbelief that Sammy could outrun a horse