Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Remember on 4/20 when Kim Jong Un died, and then he didn't? There sure were a lot of similar images that popped up all on the same day later that week (the 26th).

Do you think the intelligence orgs' disinfo labs come with a memes department? Ghana dancers would have been the hottest thing on their radar at the time

btw, the account that put it on Reddit that day is deleted without a trace now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/imgoingtohellforthis2/comments/g86262/you_could_say_that_kim_jong_un_got_kim_jong_illed/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
You just know the memes guys at Langley get regularly dosed with acid when they’re not looking

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Lightning Knight posted:

Jesus Christ lmao wtf

Loooool

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Remember on 4/20 when Kim Jong Un died, and then he didn't? There sure were a lot of similar images that popped up all on the same day later that week (the 26th).

Do you think the intelligence orgs' disinfo labs come with a memes department? Ghana dancers would have been the hottest thing on their radar at the time

btw, the account that put it on Reddit that day is deleted without a trace now:
https://www.reddit.com/r/imgoingtohellforthis2/comments/g86262/you_could_say_that_kim_jong_un_got_kim_jong_illed/

lol of course they have a memes department of some sort. they probably even have psychologists on staff who help craft them for maximum impact

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1263222057560612865?s=19

:(

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I unfollowed a couple different Bernie supporter accounts today who were posting like that at tolentino.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Class once again is number 1

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

MizPiz posted:

I've only read a couple tweets about this but I assume it's thread relevant

https://twitter.com/jiatolentino/status/1263208982614814722?s=19

Doc Hawkins posted:

incredibly weird to live in a world where people will publish heartfelt defenses of their slave-owning parents and a bunch of other people will publicly express support for them

although i guess there are weirder things

His article reads like a limited hangout op. Look how carefully it's worded each time it reveals some new detail in the story. Focus grouped poo poo. Also how it alludes to another recent CIA compromise story, to try to cast doubt on both stories.

It also got the familiar chorus of "nuh uh!!!" no one asked for, using all the same stuff from the playbook (attacking whistleblowers' credibilty, using identity politics to obscure responsibility for bullying, etc).

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 01:46 on May 22, 2020

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Pryor on Fire posted:

I'm pretty sure national governments don't need to buy AR15s from random dudes in Nevada. Even if they wanted a bunch of illegal guns for some clandestine shell group, this is not how you would start outfitting said group.

I'm reading that book by an ex-Mossad who describes a gun deal that went down pretty much exactly like this, actually. Guns were diverted to the correct fascist terrorists by simply telling them where they could find an unguarded truckfull of arms, that had just been seized by local authorities from PLO left wingers, whose own arms deal was not allowed to complete because they were all arrested in transit into the country.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

SlimGoodbody posted:

My totally baseless "jeez what if" brainfart is that some person/people in the crowd of attendees needed to die for whatever reason, but it would have drawn too much attention if they were specifically targeted either there or out in the world, or they were too well guarded normally and assumed no one would be evil enough to murder a crowd just to get to them and plus their undercover body men were nearby anyway, that sort of nuttiness. If it they were just one death in a lone wolf psycho mass shooting, though, well that's just poo poo odds and gets lost in the nier noise.

Yeah that sounds like a great way to eliminate a billionaire or a royal who cannot be trusted anymore, while they're out and about with their guards at a public event

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lauren oyler (who owns and did an amazing review of Bad Feminist) must be feeling pretty good right now

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Yeah that sounds like a great way to eliminate a billionaire or a royal who cannot be trusted anymore, while they're out and about with their guards at a public event

My mom lent me this old paperback spy novel called Shibumi that she liked. I started reading it over quarantine and it opens with some CIA guys reviewing footage of an operation they orchestrated where a few inside operatives masquerade as political terrorists and open automatic fire in an Italian airport. It describes how the CIA review team dispassionately observes little kids and total bystanders having their guts blown out, screaming, running and slipping in pools of blood, all in service of killing one specific person without raising suspicion that it was a targeted assassination.

The shooters then get airholed by Italian cops they'd been promised were going to let them escape, so as to wrap up loose ends. One of the CIA guys goes to his operations center and has his researcher start looking for info using a computer system that was, at the time, supposed to be frightening future high tech, but in 2020 is literally just a description of PRISM. I had to put it down cause I was cracking and pinging and getting sick to my stomach.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
btw I said billionaires as shorthand for billionaire-adjacent criminals like the Epsteins of the world. Maybe another Epstein got knocked off that day

It'd be whoever was struck by the first shots

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

SlimGoodbody posted:

My mom lent me this old paperback spy novel called Shibumi that she liked. I started reading it over quarantine and it opens with some CIA guys reviewing footage of an operation they orchestrated where a few inside operatives masquerade as political terrorists and open automatic fire in an Italian airport. It describes how the CIA review team dispassionately observes little kids and total bystanders having their guts blown out, screaming, running and slipping in pools of blood, all in service of killing one specific person without raising suspicion that it was a targeted assassination.

The shooters then get airholed by Italian cops they'd been promised were going to let them escape, so as to wrap up loose ends. One of the CIA guys goes to his operations center and has his researcher start looking for info using a computer system that was, at the time, supposed to be frightening future high tech, but in 2020 is literally just a description of PRISM. I had to put it down cause I was cracking and pinging and getting sick to my stomach.

it’s rough when you find out the CIA also read speculative fiction but as an instruction manual

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

it’s rough when you find out the CIA also read speculative fiction but as an instruction manual

Somewhere in the CIA there is or at least once was an employee who read Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars, found out it was fake, and resolved to devote every effort to making it actually true and real.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MizPiz posted:

I've only read a couple tweets about this but I assume it's thread relevant

https://twitter.com/jiatolentino/status/1263208982614814722?s=19

do not read this thread unless you dont value your mental health at all

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

buddy, what thread do you think this is?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1263921211236511744

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my brain has just split in half like the titanic(1997)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

Everyday is just a continuing breakdown of reality.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I assume thats supposed to be the bitcoin thing, but

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

I assume thats supposed to be the bitcoin thing, but

What does pizza have to do with bitcoin (aside from being an unregulated currency you can probably use to buy Russian children from dark web mobsters)

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

oh no my faves

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

what is this? was a response to jack

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SlimGoodbody posted:

What does pizza have to do with bitcoin (aside from being an unregulated currency you can probably use to buy Russian children from dark web mobsters)

in 2009-ish, someone paid 10,000 bitcoin for a pizza in one of the first transactions for goods

e: 2010, so yesterday was the 10 year anniversary

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

so there's a netflix doc about epstein due to release and i feel like i should watch it to see what the CIA front company has to say about a CIA op.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What's the CIA connection to netflix?

taqueso posted:

what is this? was a response to jack

Looks like just a generic meme reply that conspiracy chuds have used on a few epstein related posts

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

SlimGoodbody posted:

check it out i googled it for you:

Ten years ago today, a developer named Laszlo Hanyecz did it with bitcoin. Hanyecz is known as the first person to use bitcoin in a commercial transaction. On May 22, 2010, when bitcoin was a little over a year old, he bought two pizzas for 10,000 BTC. The day is now known as “Bitcoin Pizza Day.”

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
sounds like a cover for the real satanic holiday

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
[extremely McGowan voice] it was exactly 24 days after Walpurgisnacht

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 15:45 on May 24, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

gh0stpinballa posted:

so there's a netflix doc about epstein due to release and i feel like i should watch it to see what the CIA front company has to say about a CIA op.

Netflix isn't a front, they pay their workers too much.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
the bill gates docu, the pro-junta Ukrainian docu, the Brazilian gov't ("corruption") docu, et al. they might not be CIA direct but their narratives are State Dept

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Doc Hawkins posted:

Netflix isn't a front, they pay their workers too much.

epstein was a billionaire and a mossad/cia asset if not full cia agent

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
NetFlix has also put out multiple pro-Mossad productions so there's almost certainly an Israel connection there

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

NetFlix has also put out multiple pro-Mossad productions so there's almost certainly an Israel connection there

Until there is a netflix remake of Delta Force none of this counts.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

the cia connection will be in one of/several of the independent production studios that Netflix contracts with to make its stuff.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

theflyingexecutive posted:

in 2009-ish, someone paid 10,000 bitcoin for a pizza in one of the first transactions for goods

e: 2010, so yesterday was the 10 year anniversary

:shepicide:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Weren't the Zeitgeist movies also on NEtflix?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

the bill gates docu, the pro-junta Ukrainian docu, the Brazilian gov't ("corruption") docu, et al. they might not be CIA direct but their narratives are State Dept

Don't forget the white helmets doc that won a bunch of awards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

pretty sure you can play six degrees of norman lear with anything on netflix