Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
Did Boris just say Cummies broke lockdown to save lives? I wasn’t expecting him to get the sack, but this is something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The government is literally rewriting public safety guidelines on the fly during an ongoing lethal pandemic to explain why it's OK that one of their senior advisors decided to play Typhoid Mary. Of course people are mad about this - it makes the UK's situation feel less like a tragic inevitability (which is what the powerful and partisan national media have been largely framing it as) and more like a result of arrogance and incompetence.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
It's also a fabulous way to distract from the fact that secondary schools are still waiting the further guidelines that were meant to come out last week but haven't. Given the early years stuff came out today, maybe secondary school heads can read it tomorrow.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Literally starting with a big 'gently caress you'. Barely even any blather on top of it.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lol he definitely has dirt on so many people if they're still not going to sack him.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Magic Mango posted:

Did Boris just say Cummies broke lockdown to save lives? I wasn’t expecting him to get the sack, but this is something else.

Johnson of course the expert on what good fathers do

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Pippa Crerrar just retweeted this, I'm fairly sure the mirror are going to drop another story as soon as he's done.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1264588804679139328?s=19

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol, they had to choose between Cummings and the lockdown and they picked Cummings. poo poo's going to get wild when the second wave properly kicks off in a month's time.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

The government is literally rewriting public safety guidelines on the fly during an ongoing lethal pandemic to explain why it's OK that one of their senior advisors decided to play Typhoid Mary. Of course people are mad about this - it makes the UK's situation feel less like a tragic inevitability (which is what the powerful and partisan national media have been largely framing it as) and more like a result of arrogance and incompetence.

The year the country died

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
how kind of the torygraph to have the summary of his previous articles so prominently displayed, so we can all see what a tremendous piece of poo poo he is without having to click any further

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Darth Walrus posted:

lol, they had to choose between Cummings and the lockdown and they picked Cummings. poo poo's going to get wild when the second wave properly kicks off in a month's time.

I just went to walk my dog and there were about 3 groups of 20 people in the playing field boozing and having picnics. Next peak is probably going to start in about a fortnight.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Calling it that no questions will be about Dom.
All vetted fluff ones.

Edit: Aha, it was asked.
And now if you are doing it for your kids, its ok to break any rule the government wants you to do.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 24, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

These are all gonna be pre-approved questions now right?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bardeh posted:

So the complete arsehole 2 doors down from me, who shouts at his two 4ish year old kids every day so loudly and aggressively that I can hear it indoors, and who has had his mother in law around every day throughout lockdown, is currently having a full on kids birthday party with probably a dozen people and children mingling in the garden. I hate that I care enough about the lives of strangers to feel anything about this, but it is people like this oval office who are going to cause a second wave.

theres at least one absolutely huge Eid house/garden party happening on my street.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

I thought I was used to the Tory omnishambles, I’ve been numb for so long to so much, but the PM gaslighting the nation and rewriting history to salvage that awful man has made me properly loving livid again. I really hope the Mirror/Observer have more to bury Boris and Cummies even if it means Gove as PM.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

stev posted:

These are all gonna be pre-approved questions now right?

Obviously

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got the #peston brand in the shot jesus

LOL his face at the end

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 24, 2020

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

jfc the bbc journo can't work loving zoom

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
don't these briefings get massive viewer ratings? can see polling after this getting showing more of a closing than it has been

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Peston is so bad at this, what the gently caress.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Hahaha, schools open from next week as well, all aboard the Boris Bus, no retreat, no surrender, toot toot.

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 17:26 on May 24, 2020

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Literally just ignoring the question

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Pippa Crerrar just retweeted this, I'm fairly sure the mirror are going to drop another story as soon as he's done.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1264588804679139328?s=19

LOL drat Boris Johnsons credibility will be completely shot

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

gently caress me the answer to the Channel 4 bloke was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

this is a loving shambles

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's fully unable to string together coherent sentences now.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

LOL drat Boris Johnsons credibility will be completely shot

Pippa Crerar, who authored yesterdays story has retweeted it, so she definitely has something.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Hahaha, schools open from next week as well, all aboard the Boris Bus, no retreat, no surrender, toot toot.

Lockdown is over and they didn't even have to say a word

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Let me just ask 25 different questions at the same time so Boris can ignore them all

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
lol he gets so loving arsey at even the gentlest scrutiny

e: now saying people are 'offended'? Lovely stuff

And the BBC guy gets muted when he's still visibly asking questions on the screen. I'm pretty numb to this horrible government but this really is next level

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

imagine if seamus milne had done this and Corbyn was trying to defend him

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

The advice has always been to self-isolate wherever you want, obviously. gently caress I just want to scream.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Loved how they quickly cut off the Politico guy.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

he's the real PM so they can't fire him

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

happyhippy posted:

Loved how they quickly cut off the Politico guy.

And was then incredibly angry that he hadn't been muted.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

so now when you have coronavirus visitng relatives is the morally correct thing to do. ok.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
You see it WASNT ok if you go to your second home if you DONT know if you have the virus. So that other person's resignation was right.
But it is HEROIC if you goto your second home if you DO know that you have the virus. So no need to resign.

Why can't you peasants just understand this, shut up, and die already?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

would love to know how the ratings for that press conference compare to the regular ones which already get large amoutns of viewers cos nobody until now had anything better to do and were scared

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

For the first time I'm glad my granny Sadie passed a few years ago, because otherwise I'd be obliged to travel to see her in what would now be her 87th year and give her the rona :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1264597756892647430?s=20