Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Probably not a good sign that the last words on the page are "...Modern Slavery Act 2015"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jrawson/status/1264121909345767425?s=21

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
this cummings stuff is incredible!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

namesake posted:

Yeah the Tory party is a horrible warring coalition of the aristocracy and the bourgeoisie supported by the petit bourgeois and the nationalist working class who think they're getting representation by them. Honest reporting on their policies, backgrounds, attitudes would immediately destroy them as an electoral force so their electoral existence relies entirely on controlling the press.

If the newspapers die and whatever replacement is just a bit more adequate in reporting reality then Democracy will no longer be a core British Value.

democracy is not a core value in the united kingdom

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Communist Thoughts posted:

democracy is not a core value in the united kingdom

It is according to OFSTED.

pdog
May 7, 2013

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF DOMINIC AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DOMINIC. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I DRIVE DOWN THE M1 OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP MY WIFE’S LUNGS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THAT THEY ARE THE ONLY FATHER WHO REALLY LOVES HIS KIDS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO ALL MY CONTACTS IN THE PRESS AND ALL THEY DO IS OCCASIONALLY PRETEND TO CALL ME ON MY BULLSHIT. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PARENTS’ SPARE ROOM LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
More like Dominic Goings

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

basically the british conservative party is just loving evil and i have no idea how ordinary people keep voting for them

probably the soviet-grade loyal press you mentioned

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

exmarx posted:

this cummings stuff is incredible!

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1264666439828606977

Will it make a difference?

Probably not. :(

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Please welcome our new PM: Dominic Cummings

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Seem to be quite a few people in the replies suddenly realising that Boris is a twit. Whether that will stick remains to be seen.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
BoJo still looks sickly

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Bust Rodd posted:

BoJo still looks sickly

gonadic io posted:

I have been told by a doctor friend that there's no such thing as a full recovery from intubation and ventilation at his age.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

boris johnson, an out of touch posh arsehole?! who could have predicted this????

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah I asked my number 1 client, a neurosurgeon, about it and she said that basically kids who survive will have circulatory problems for the rest of their lives, adults who survive will have severe respiratory issues for the rest of their lives, and seniors who survive should buy lotto tickets.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Why were there never any photos or video of Bojo victoriously emerging from the hospital having defeated the dreaded virus with his sheer will and determination?

It just seems weird.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

he never got tubed. he got taken to ICU in a panic at the same level of sickness you or your ma would be told to stay home and tough it out/die

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

With how badly our testing apparatus was put together and our population compared to other countries it's just incredible that we've recorded so high a number of cases. It's a hell of a legacy for the Tories and I drat well hope it sticks, it just might as well given the defence of Cummings is tying them in knots and there's enough fury floating around to make them a target.

Christ, may be Starmer being poo poo has actually done some good because nobody can be arsed to listen to or blame him for anything.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/GentlemanNikki/status/1264856415379783680

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

namesake posted:

Christ, may be Starmer being poo poo has actually done some good because nobody can be arsed to listen to or blame him for anything.

Hasn’t stopped English flag twitter from claiming this is all a political beat up because Jorombey Corbny went to the coop for some milk.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

I've been quarantining myself from most of the news. What did Cummings do? Try to put his head immunity thing into action?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

An insane mind posted:

I've been quarantining myself from most of the news. What did Cummings do? Try to put his head immunity thing into action?

flagrantly break the guidelines he wrote himself and used to chip out the actual scientist from the council of big head honchos

then he got the cabinet to defend it

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
His wife caught the roni and he broke every guideline and precaution to personally drop their kid off at his parents' home a couple hundred miles away.

The current issue is that he was obviously justified in doing so because the people who make the rules are exempt from having to follow them, but the Tories are twisting themselves into pretzels to argue that he did no wrong without having to acknowledge this.

Mostly by bitching at people who dare speak at their betters for "politicizing a family crisis".

Zulily Zoetrope has issued a correction as of 15:08 on May 25, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

He went to his parent's to stay in a section of their property so they could help with looking after the kid. They then changed the story to say the sister was going to look after the kid. Turns out the sister only dropped groceries off at the front door. So they didn't need help with the kid. So there was no point in going. But they were spotted sightseeing whilst up there. And he was back and forth between Durham and London at least twice. And it was his mother's birthday during that time. And his wife's. Who apparently has financial interest in one of the places they visited.

Oh and the wife wrote a fairly detailed story for a newspaper about their experience of lockdown and suffering with covid in their London home.

It's a multi-layered story with more twists and turns than a loving murder mystery

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwBoVRYTjXQ

He's about to give a live statement but so far the video is just an image of strange statue in a garden surrounded by barbed wire

twoday has issued a correction as of 16:09 on May 25, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:golfclap:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

twoday posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwBoVRYTjXQ

He's about to give a live statement but so far the video is just an image of strange statue in a garden surrounded by barbed wire

that's the shape he takes when he's resting. human form is pretty difficult to maintain for his species

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cannot get over the fact how weird dominic cummings is

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

i cannot get over the fact how weird dominic cummings is

famously fourth-weirdest person in the cabinet

twoday
May 4, 2005

He’s telling some story instead of resigning as I had hoped.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

twoday posted:

He’s telling some story instead of resigning as I had hoped.

nah this is better, if he had resigned now, this whole hilarious idiot circus might have ended

instead it will keep going and going

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
lmao this guy is spinning his wheels
he can't even lie properly about what his job is about, "i have to make decisions on what to bring to the PM "

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Stop making fun of Dominic, that's your future prime minister

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Has his spin been written by Prentiss McCabe?

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
i got to respect the hustle of not being sorry, that's one of my personal rules, never say sorry

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
which dsm diagnoses best describe dominic cummings

twoday
May 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

which dsm diagnoses best describe dominic cummings

Psychopath, sociopathy, antisocial personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, megalomania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Stop making fun of Dominic, that's your future prime minister

'future'?