Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I don't think having kids are very good for people's work but people with children are looked more fondly upon for management positions or higher ranking positions especially if they're male and people marry/have kids specifically with their careers in mind because they're pretty messed up. There are sororities that groom women just to be wives for men like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

super glad to see my normally incredibly busy downtown area here in metro Detroit a virtual ghosttown, despite the amazing weather. my coworkers in the next chud county over say all the metroparks are packed full of people tho.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

triple sulk posted:

are we at 100k yet in the us

99,300. Tomorrow.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

99,300. Tomorrow.

god bless

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

law firms have changed a lot I think and “”””””non traditional “””” people can make it to the top

you are right tho like 30 years ago u needed to be male and not gay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

99,300. Tomorrow.

incredible

he’s posting through it.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

meanolmrcloud posted:

super glad to see my normally incredibly busy downtown area here in metro Detroit a virtual ghosttown, despite the amazing weather. my coworkers in the next chud county over say all the metroparks are packed full of people tho.

What's the status with businesses there? Is everything open for them to go to downtown or are people just thinking "city dirty, country air clean"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:(

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

BattleMaster posted:

how is "lake of the ozarks" an actual place name, it sounds like a cut-rate fantasy novel location

It's in the Ozarks and is a lake. Hence Lake of the Ozarks. It's a huge party/vacation spot for a big chunk of Missouri. It's the kind of place where lake houses were and often still are cheap enough for anyone even close to upper middle class to have one.

There's also good fishing to be had if you hit the less busy arms. The main body of the lake is nuts though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lol world is bad

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

not about weather, not a haiku. disgusting.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fknlo posted:

It's in the Ozarks and is a lake. Hence Lake of the Ozarks. It's a huge party/vacation spot for a big chunk of Missouri. It's the kind of place where lake houses were and often still are cheap enough for anyone even close to upper middle class to have one.

There's also good fishing to be had if you hit the less busy arms. The main body of the lake is nuts though.

And there's also thousands of one bedroom condos around the lake in huge complexes that go for like $50k so it's one of the cheapest places in the country to have a vacation home if you really want one.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(not a haiku)

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
come visit scenic Plague Lake

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3xGhRtNhO8

North Korean propaganda video from this YouTuber in NK talking about the covid

A little bit more about this account, I'm fascinated

https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1264711780292386816

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
There is no point is isolating any longer. It is done. Let this country die.

mystes
May 31, 2006

eric ciaramella posted:

not about weather, not a haiku. disgusting.
Just think of it as a really bad senryuu if it makes you happier.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this reminds me of how bad my hand writing is

mystes
May 31, 2006

Solarin posted:

this reminds me of how bad my hand writing is
Luckily nobody will ever be close enough long enough to see your handwriting ever again

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/heatherhabsburg/status/1264603296364326913?s=21

holy poo poo what loving babies

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Took a day of almost no internet, news and social media yesterday. Had the best nights sleep in a long time and am now am back in action and ready to love that round roni boy with all my being again.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CODChimera posted:

Ozark is good watch it

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Korean Boomhauer posted:

no large gator, and the only swamp is in your rear end

mystes
May 31, 2006

Finally an answer to the question "If everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you jump, too?”

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

facetoucher cat posted:

I don't think having kids are very good for people's work but people with children are looked more fondly upon for management positions or higher ranking positions especially if they're male and people marry/have kids specifically with their careers in mind because they're pretty messed up. There are sororities that groom women just to be wives for men like this

the other side of this is that single middle aged straight white men are straight up organizational poison. really anyone who only has the job, and nothing else in their life, is poison and chases away anybody competent at working with other people in a healthy way

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Korean Boomhauer posted:

If you avoid the bars and party cove and whatever you could avoid the plague somewhat effectively I guess? I sure as poo poo wouldn't be there on a holiday weekend at least.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bar Ran Dun posted:

the other side of this is that single middle aged straight white men are straight up organizational poison. really anyone who only has the job, and nothing else in their life, is poison and chases away anybody competent at working with other people in a healthy way

law firms don’t want healthy people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

mystes posted:

Just think of it as a really bad senryuu if it makes you happier.

it does thank you

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

I don't understand people, we're in a shelter in place here in CA, but my neighbors are apparently out, doing stuff?? Just dive in and death cult it up already, the complaining on social media is for valor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can confirm that in central PA people have given up and are back to normal

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Habsburg :thunk:

Hapsburg :thunk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I can confirm that in central PA people have given up and are back to normal

Yep. There was a line to the alternating road at my local Dunkin' Donuts, and a friend said at Walmart today for every one person with a mask he saw, there were at least 3 more without one

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It has been pretty good watching the "leftist media" have meltdowns about lockdowns and masks. They all had it months ago so no worries.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Say that to corporate who wants you to sleep under your cart tonight because of the build at 4am and will you look at that it's 10 already.

It depends on where you are located in the organization but I feel you

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
They just started setting off fireworks in my apartment complex and I forgot about the holiday and thought it was gunshots and my heart sunk for a split second

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The big six figgies is just a day away. Gonna be a while before the next order of magnitude, though.

I remember someone earlier in the thread posting the top annual cause of death numbers, I think cracking 100k leaves Coronavirus only a few 10ks away from claiming like third most common cause of death in the U.S. for 2020. It's kind of insane how big a hit society can take in terms of raw deaths, illness, and economic disruption, and still not be able to overcome the political inertia of people wanting to go shopping.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
wanting to go shopping is the only thing 99% of Americans have lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dolash posted:

The big six figgies is just a day away. Gonna be a while before the next order of magnitude, though.

I remember someone earlier in the thread posting the top annual cause of death numbers, I think cracking 100k leaves Coronavirus only a few 10ks away from claiming like third most common cause of death in the U.S. for 2020. It's kind of insane how big a hit society can take in terms of raw deaths, illness, and economic disruption*, and still not be able to overcome the political inertia of people wanting to go shopping.

*and unemployments

It was kinda amazing how many C-SPAMers legit thought (for months!) we'd have riots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

They just started setting off fireworks in my apartment complex and I forgot about the holiday and thought it was gunshots and my heart sunk for a split second

The only gunshot I've heard in my neighborhood is some guy doming himself with a shotgun in his garage 3 years ago. Had no idea until the ambulances came. Thought it was fireworks.