Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sep 2, 2011
there is absolutely no scenario whatsoever in which america ever would have taken this seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Chris James 2 posted:

*and unemployments

It was kinda amazing how many C-SPAMers legit thought (for months!) we'd have riots

this post will age well

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

you'll find me in the adult candy aisle

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

loading... posted:

there is absolutely no scenario whatsoever in which america ever would have taken this seriously

If children were affected, we would have nuked China already.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australia update. Places are finally admitting that Australians are actually just toilet people and we now have to social distance between meat and porcelain Australians. This adds a dimension of excitement and danger in pub bathrooms.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nikosoft posted:

If children were affected, we would have nuked China already.

dude kids get gunned down all the time and nobody gives a gently caress

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

dude kids get gunned down all the time and nobody gives a gently caress

it's either black kids who count as teenagers in the eyes of whitey or the weekly sacrifice to the NRA

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

*and unemployments

It was kinda amazing how many C-SPAMers legit thought (for months!) we'd have riots

I mean we got pretty close

Give it a few more months

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

nikosoft posted:

I don't understand people, we're in a shelter in place here in CA, but my neighbors are apparently out, doing stuff?? Just dive in and death cult it up already, the complaining on social media is for valor.

seeing some people's reactions to covid, it really makes you wonder - if we had a ground war going on on us soil instead, but restaurants and such were still open, would people still go about their business like it didn't matter? it's just a little white phosphorus, don't be a pansy!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Inceltown posted:

Australia update. Places are finally admitting that Australians are actually just toilet people and we now have to social distance between meat and porcelain Australians. This adds a dimension of excitement and danger in pub bathrooms.

Australians have to piss from six feet away from the urinal?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Judakel posted:

I hope fewer people buy masks so I can get N95s. Also clorox products.

the grocery store i've been going to has had everything in stock except literally all cleaning products and literally all hand soap. barren shelves every time.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Australians have to piss from six feet away from the urinal?

There is a drain if you're a little short.

Broken Machine posted:

seeing some people's reactions to covid, it really makes you wonder - if we had a ground war going on on us soil instead, but restaurants and such were still open, would people still go about their business like it didn't matter? it's just a little white phosphorus, don't be a pansy!

Most people aren't going now either but you would for sure have businesses telling people they still have to work and feeding chuds ego's so they swallow the whole line.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Chris James 2 posted:

*and unemployments

You don't have the attention span for the slow speed of this crisis

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

there would be riots....against any disease suppressive efforts 👹

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr Hootington posted:

The only gunshot I've heard in my neighborhood is some guy doming himself with a shotgun in his garage 3 years ago. Had no idea until the ambulances came. Thought it was fireworks.

I manage to live in festive neighborhoods it seems. There was even an "officer involved shooting" or whatever they call it when a cop shoots someone down the street from here a few days ago, yesterday maybe? no idea time isn't real

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Tests on 1,118 Stockholm residents carried out by Sweden's Public Health Agency over one week in late April showed that only 7.3% had developed the antibodies needed to stave off the disease.

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

They just started setting off fireworks in my apartment complex and I forgot about the holiday and thought it was gunshots and my heart sunk for a split second

lol if you don't hear gunshots all the time.

Wait, do you not live in America or something?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

law firms don’t want healthy people

neither does the maritime industry, even if healthy people are far more productive and give clients better service.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

We don't even have fireworks here :australia:

Drunk Aussies are too stupid to not hurt themselves with explosives so we've been banned from playing with them till we grow up.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

SKULL.GIF posted:

it is extremely uncomfortable to be fat when it's hot

people always say this and I was so excited to not hate the summer anymore when I lost a ton of weight, but it turns out I loving hate the heat even more now that I'm a normal weight

basically I feel lied to and betrayed, and also gently caress any temperature above 75 degrees

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Paradoxish posted:

people always say this and I was so excited to not hate the summer anymore when I lost a ton of weight, but it turns out I loving hate the heat even more now that I'm a normal weight

basically I feel lied to and betrayed, and also gently caress any temperature above 75 degrees

69 degrees is my ideal temperature and it hasn't changed as I've lost weight

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

AppleNippleBOB posted:

lol if you don't hear gunshots all the time.

Wait, do you not live in America or something?

no I totes hear them all the time, that's why my heart sunk and I almost hit the deck for a split second because I forgot it was a holiday and it was a firework. Being around gunfire should never make your butthole pucker less when you hear it directly next to your apartment

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mayor Dave posted:

69 degrees is my ideal temperature and it hasn't changed as I've lost weight

nice

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sapna/status/1264725307732434945?s=20

:snoo:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

people already setting off fireworks near here :lmao: july's gonna be fun

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
My employer just announced that all high risk employees are working from home until there’s a vaccine. So uhh now that I’ll be quarantined at home for 18+ months, what should I buy to improve my quality of life? In the past two months I’ve added:

- hammock
- porch swing
- gas grill
- garage gym
- his and hers bicycles
- soda stream
- crock pot
- instapot
- bean hoard

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Poor snoo

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJA1VWEv9L0

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hazel-ra(t)!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Civilized Fishbot posted:

More like the 80s, apparently

Thanks Reagan

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Bootleg m-80s are what make America great. Everyone that loses a finger to illegal fireworks gets a honorary US citizenship.

Toxoplasmid
May 18, 2004

You can hear the pitched running battles every night among the local foxes here in west London. I saw a fox the other night it was so skinny :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pump Jockey posted:

My employer just announced that all high risk employees are working from home until there’s a vaccine. So uhh now that I’ll be quarantined at home for 18+ months, what should I buy to improve my quality of life? In the past two months I’ve added:

- hammock
- porch swing
- gas grill
- garage gym
- his and hers bicycles
- soda stream
- crock pot
- instapot
- bean hoard

Consider growing your own greens maybe? Things like microgreens are super easy to grow and it's awesome having fresh stuff ready to pick when you want a meal.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

well at least now you get to hate winter too without all that insulation

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1264702232227971072

as a recovered catholic the priests just fling the water at people anyway so this is kinda hilarious to me that they could have been doing this the entire time

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Rhesus Pieces posted:

well at least now you get to hate winter too without all that insulation

lmao I was out in shorts and a t-shirt this winter in like 35 degrees

35-75 degrees is truly the only way to live

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

haha not so smart now basing your species around our dumbass species now are you rats

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

some kind of combination of :snoo: and :kheldragar:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

people already setting off fireworks near here :lmao: july's gonna be fun

Is it normal to set off fireworks outside New Years and Fourth of July?

That's the only time I hear them in central Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I feel like all of this is the simulation tipping it's hand like, what more evidence do you need your in hell?