Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 24th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

platzapS posted:

Is it normal to set off fireworks outside New Years and Fourth of July?

That's the only time I hear them in central Florida.

i remember people shooting off fireworks when bin laden got killed

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Atrocious Joe posted:

Thanks Reagan

Yeah, pretty much every chart shows America losing its mind somewhere in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Pump Jockey posted:

My employer just announced that all high risk employees are working from home until there’s a vaccine. So uhh now that I’ll be quarantined at home for 18+ months, what should I buy to improve my quality of life? In the past two months I’ve added:

- hammock
- porch swing
- gas grill
- garage gym
- his and hers bicycles
- soda stream
- crock pot
- instapot
- bean hoard

switch the gas grill to a gaucho grill

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
There are people shooting fireworks near me in CT tonight. Probably one or two streets away, if I had to guess.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, pretty much every chart shows America losing its mind somewhere in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

meh we were doomed the moment bretton woods was signed

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Yeah, same

Although if it makes you feel any better, in two weeks the party is going to be more like this

rational brain: this is horrifying, nobody should be there!

lizard brain: this looks like fun

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i remember people shooting off fireworks when bin laden got killed

That makes sense as a one-time thing. I'm more worried I'm getting normal holidays wrong.

Do they set them off Veteran's day lol

kater
Nov 16, 2010

if priests start having a lotto to shoot someone every mass I’m willing to go back

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

platzapS posted:

That's makes sense as a one-time thing. I'm more worried I'm getting normal holidays wrong.

honor a vet by sending their brain directly back into the poo poo lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im so loving tired of people bitching about the minor tribulations of their wfh situation. eat poo poo.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Ardennes posted:

I remember the goon who worked in animation and said in GBS years ago that Reagan changed something in the FCC so that all cartoons in the 80s with a plot involving one character going off on his own must conclude with "the group ridicules him and he realizes the err of his ways because no one individual should ever go against the group consensus"

We were loving brainwashed

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

platzapS posted:

That's makes sense as a one-time thing. I'm more worried I'm getting normal holidays wrong.

Pretty much all summer randomly

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

platzapS posted:

the 4th and NYE are the only ones associated with fireworks but it makes sense if the firework companies are trying to expand to memorial day since its an early summer holiday

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Chard posted:

im so loving tired of people bitching about the minor tribulations of their wfh situation. eat poo poo.

the slack chat for one of my clients is filled with people loving exploding over the fact that they can technically return to the office, but their company won't be allowing it indefinitely

lol all of these people are going to lose their jobs in a few months

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/gpww1m/looks_like_things_are_back_to_normal_on/?sort=new

lmao hell yea. htown till I drown (in my own lung fluid)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

mystes posted:

Finally an answer to the question "If everyone else jumped off a cliff, would you jump, too?”

if you put a fancy pinstagram hdr saturation and sepia filter on it, yes absolutely i would jump. look at all those people having fun

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

*and unemployments

It was kinda amazing how many C-SPAMers legit thought (for months!) we'd have riots

we had cops fire pepper-spray pellets at mostly Black protesters angry over the police murder of a Black man in Indiana

that's just business as usual for the US though

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

this is really cool thanks R.I.M.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Inceltown posted:

We don't even have fireworks here :australia:

Drunk Aussies are too stupid to not hurt themselves with explosives so we've been banned from playing with them till we grow up.

fireworks are illegal in tons of places in america but the laws arent actually enforced

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Xaris posted:

if you put a fancy pinstagram hdr saturation and sepia filter on it, yes absolutely i would jump. look at all those people having fun

honestly if you frame it as something like the "gravity challenge" you'd have people posting their mid-fall selfies on twitter

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Why am I at 60k? I always said 100k

These are fake news.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

There are people shooting fireworks near me in CT tonight. Probably one or two streets away, if I had to guess.

yup same here, also in CT

some rear end in a top hat around here sets off fireworks around every summer holiday but I swear to god he's using full sticks of dynamite this time

quarantine is making people more aggressively stupid

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

blatman posted:

honestly if you frame it as something like the "gravity challenge" you'd have people posting their mid-fall selfies on twitter
lmao poo poo this has a non-zero chance at being a thing.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

MorrisBae posted:

I remember the goon who worked in animation and said in GBS years ago that Reagan changed something in the FCC so that all cartoons in the 80s with a plot involving one character going off on his own must conclude with "the group ridicules him and he realizes the err of his ways because no one individual should ever go against the group consensus"

We were loving brainwashed

on the other hand the neoliberal counterrevolution also saw Thatcher, one of its leaders, saying stuff like this:
"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."

so people were taught that they were on there own and not to trust other people, but if you stand out from the crowd you're a weirdo. creates extremely healthy societies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Told you it was over. 100k deaths is all there is.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mr Hootington posted:

Why am I at 60k? I always said 100k

These are fake news.

what are you, the IHME?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Chard posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

*and unemployments

It was kinda amazing how many C-SPAMers legit thought (for months!) we'd have riots

bernie sanders's $600/week is literally preventing this. we would've had riots 2 months ago without this as dozens of millions of people lost their jobs.

even if we had somehow not rioted you would've seen massive evictions and tent cities springing up

this expires in july btw :911:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

what are you, the IHME?

Show me where I said 60k. Fake news lying liberal. Get 'em out of here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Show me where I said 60k. Fake news lying liberal. Get 'em out of here.

:razz:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/voteashcraft/status/1264401740557942785?s=21

loving hilarious. I would seriously run away to the Japanese countryside if i could. I stumbled onto a Japanese woman who live-streams herself fishing, that’s the dream right there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Gm30YfD7A

Taintrunner has issued a correction as of 02:48 on May 25, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:smugdon:

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

ive been watching a lot of Hoarders recently and theres a lot of analogues to be had between people who piss and poo poo on their floor, end up with pets buried for years under mountains of trash, children traumatized from living in the hoard etc. and the half of this country that thinks controlling contagion is an individual responsibility

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

fireworks are illegal in tons of places in america but the laws arent actually enforced

like most laws in the US, their purpose is to be selectively enforced.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

human garbage bag posted:

like most laws in the US, their purpose is to be selectively enforced.

pretty much yeah. in my little california town fireworks were illegal, but that didn't stop all us middle-class suburban tract-house 100k starter houses in the cul-de-sacs from doing it everyear. occasionally a cop would come by and go 'no stop that now!' and gently caress off. then go shoot/cite minorities somewhere else im sure

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my rats are living the high life (until we can't afford rent and get evicted)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I hate fireworks

haha loud thing go boom

grow up

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

on the other hand the neoliberal counterrevolution also saw Thatcher, one of its leaders, saying stuff like this:
"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours."

so people were taught that they were on there own and not to trust other people, but if you stand out from the crowd you're a weirdo. creates extremely healthy societies.

We're all cowards who will die from plague while refreshing Zillow to make sure our meager property values haven't decreased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

when i used to live in LA i got to see some people shoot a rocket directly into the dead palm tree* in front o ftheir apartment and the thing went up like it was soaked in gas, meanwhile the neighborhood sounded like a warzone. i can't say i hated it OR miss it

* gently caress palm trees