Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Road Dogg/TNA own that one from the Voodoo Kin Mafia days. Maybe Billy Gunn could get access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

Alexa and like most people said, Braun, are probably the best examples of completely homegrown talent they have.

It's kind of funny that Drew is the sole example of both worlds, where he came up through WWE's system AND got famous elsewhere until WWE wanted to push him on NXT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

It's kind of funny that Drew is the sole example of both worlds, where he came up through WWE's system AND got famous elsewhere until WWE wanted to push him on NXT.

I'm sure there was a story about a guy (Canyon Cemen?) being on a Europe tour and seeing Drew Galloway wrestling, asking why a guy this obviously talented wasn't working for them, and being informed that they had him, they put him into a comedy gimmick and then they fired him.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Just to clarify, Daniel Wheeler and David Harwood have filed for trademarks for #FTR, Fear the Revolt, No Flips Just Fists, Say Yeah, Top Guys, Shatter Machine, and (weirdly enough) #FTRKO.

WWE filed a trademark for No Flips Just Fists six days after these guys did, (February 18 vs. February 24, 2020).

That looks like the only trademark opposition/battle WWE is engaged in, FTR seems pretty free and clear unless like a teleconferencing or biotech company wants to oppose it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sure there was a story about a guy (Canyon Cemen?) being on a Europe tour and seeing Drew Galloway wrestling, asking why a guy this obviously talented wasn't working for them, and being informed that they had him, they put him into a comedy gimmick and then they fired him.

Vince: who the gently caress didn’t hire Drew?!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I think it was either an Evolve or PWG show actually

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is Canyon still with them? He seemed oddly competent but I also heard he messed up a bunch too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that Vince keeps him on the payroll specifically because the name Canyon Cemen makes him laugh.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wasn't Canyon HHH's right hand man?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I thought canyon was dead?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Canyon Ceman (yes that's his real name). Not Chris Kanyon.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always assumed it would be pronounced like "Kay-men" or something until he was on some random clip someone posted from the network and I heard someone say his name for the first time.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The man's name is Chasm Cum

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm sure it has happened but...is Rusev gone from the WWE?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

TV Zombie posted:

Yeah and now his wife is probably getting written out of her manager/mistress storyline with Lashley, WWE is a great company.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Yup and has a pretty chill twitch channel as well. https://www.twitch.tv/MIROtwch

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

skaboomizzy posted:

Yeah and now his wife is probably getting written out of her manager/mistress storyline with Lashley, WWE is a great company.

I would love to know what Lana/Rusev were thinking when Lana signed a new 5 year deal while Rusev wanted out. Was the idea that Lana would be making the WWE money, and Rusev could just do whatever he wanted?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

I would love to know what Lana/Rusev were thinking when Lana signed a new 5 year deal while Rusev wanted out. Was the idea that Lana would be making the WWE money, and Rusev could just do whatever he wanted?

Probably yes. It's not a bad plan, actually. Stack that paper while you can.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Breadwinner wife supporting streamer husband is a dream of many of todays youth.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Eh, if the world wasn't ending, he'd probably already be on AEW TV. Can't wait for MIROSLAV DAY.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sticklefifer posted:

Eh, if the world wasn't ending, he'd probably already be on AEW TV. Can't wait for MIROSLAV DAY.

Every month is MIROSLAV MONTH

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I for one hope Big Boy Miro does something different than reheated WWE schticks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HerraS posted:

Have him replace Hager.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HerraS posted:

Tracksuit mafia Rusev. Get some of the BBK guys to rep him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It is Miroslav Day, my dudes

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Like the bulgarian mafia post-communism was and is dominated by goddamn wrestlers who were being trained for the olympics, just put Miro in a suit with sunglasses and gold bling everywhere since he has the shaved head already and have him go loving mutra on some fools

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Boris the Bullet-Dodger from Snatch, except it's Rusev Miroslav

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I just want his entrance to be squatting on the top of the ramp in clearly bootleg adidas track pants and an undershirt with a half-smoked cig

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Astro7x posted:

Rusev would have had a base salary that was also much bigger than Lana's, even when he was basically just sitting in catering every night*, and if they had any sense, they'd have a pretty decent nest-egg to live off of, supplemented by Lana's salary.

*Not a criticism of Lana at all, but more a comment based on the systematic undervaluing of women on the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Becky Lynch gets paid less than, say, Angelo Dawkins.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 25, 2020

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lana's getting that total divas cash from E!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

I just want his entrance to be squatting on the top of the ramp in clearly bootleg adidas track pants and an undershirt with a half-smoked cig

"Couseen Nick Jackson! We go to strip club, yes?"

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Vagabundo posted:

Rusev would have had a base salary that was also much bigger than Lana's, even when he was basically just sitting in catering every night*, and if they had any sense, they'd have a pretty decent nest-egg to live off of, supplemented by Lana's salary.

*Not a criticism of Lana at all, but more a comment based on the systematic undervaluing of women on the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Becky Lynch gets paid less than, say, Angelo Dawkins.

Rumour has it that Becky is on a fairly substantial contract now, someone probably figured paying the woman in your main event of Wrestlemania 250k was a bit dodgy with competition in town with a real lack of a well known female main eventer to legitimise the division.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Lana's getting that total divas cash from E!

She isn't on it anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

efb

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Rumour has it that Becky is on a fairly substantial contract now, someone probably figured paying the woman in your main event of Wrestlemania 250k was a bit dodgy with competition in town with a real lack of a well known female main eventer to legitimise the division.

If only the stupid, senile shitfuck figures out that systematically underpaying women is a lovely look in general.

It's probably why they only seem to be able to only perpetually push one or two at a time, because if they were over, they'd be getting paid more right? gently caress the WWE and gently caress the McMahons.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1265453684172996609

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Apparently she's very good but you wouldn't know if you watched WWE who have employed her twice now but did nothing with her.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

She's a really good get for Impact and can also do intergender stuff, which seems to be here to stay in that company.

The problem is that Impact now has an insane amount of talent for the amount of tv they have. Honestly what they need to do is ditch every single male on that roster and become a 100% women's promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

flashy_mcflash posted:

She's a really good get for Impact and can also do intergender stuff, which seems to be here to stay in that company.

The problem is that Impact now has an insane amount of talent for the amount of tv they have. Honestly what they need to do is ditch every single male on that roster and become a 100% women's promotion.

I'm ready for the internet's "Literally TNA" jokes.