Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
But it's not even needed now. In the old days of McD, the common items would get stockpiled during busy times, I seem to remember. So keeping the lettuce and tomato cold was more necessary so they didn't wilt of left they're for 10 minutes or so.

But now, everything is assembled on demand. They pull the tomato and lettuce out of chilled drawers when they make it, so just get a cheeseburger and add lettuce and tomato, or get a quarter pounder if you want a bigger burger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah McDonalds absolutely got blasted over how much Styrofoam the McDLT used, and a good chunk of that time was when giving a poo poo about the environment was still considered crunchy. Its used almost three times as much as any other sandwich. They still have it on the menu as a Big'N'Tasty they just don't separate the halves.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UmVrW2Tghs

The music ... the fashion ... the radio edit "ish" ... just amazing ... I miss it. :gbsmith:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I always wonder how poo poo like this catches on. I remember this from well before most people having the internet but it seems like a common touchstone for everyone at around the same time. I don't remember television commercials for this or anything. I don't even remember them having a name.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 12:10 on May 24, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
It’s probably one of those things that’s still ongoing but every generation claims it as their own and kids these days don’t understand.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s probably one of those things that’s still ongoing but every generation claims it as their own and kids these days don’t understand.

Only 90s 80s 1890s kids will remember this:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Unperson_47 posted:

I always wonder how poo poo like this catches on. I remember this from well before most people having the internet but it seems like a common touchstone for everyone at around the same time. I don't remember television commercials for this or anything. I don't even remember them having a name.

I remember it being called "gimp" and I remember it as a kid in the 80s, and then not seeing it in the 90s so I was pleasantly surprised at gimp bracelets being handed out in one scene in Napoleon Dynamite.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
holy crap, it’s called “scoubidou”. we never had a name for it. i was decent at the box and the chinese staircase:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoubidou

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

TITANKISSER69 posted:

I remember it being called "gimp" and I remember it as a kid in the 80s, and then not seeing it in the 90s so I was pleasantly surprised at gimp bracelets being handed out in one scene in Napoleon Dynamite.

Lanyards. That’s what he called them anyway and iirc he’d learned to make them at summer camp.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I remember doing these at boy scout camp. The most fashionable combo was red/black which was known as "Darth Maul's Dick".

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
We definitely did those in elementary school in the mid 90s. It was the sort of thing a friend in class would teach you, which means I learned it from my mom.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Sex Hobbit posted:

We definitely did those in elementary school in the mid 90s. It was the sort of thing a friend in class would teach you, which means I learned it from my mom.

:(

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Sex Hobbit posted:

We definitely did those in elementary school in the mid 90s. It was the sort of thing a friend in class would teach you, which means I learned it from my mom KLUTZ

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'd rather kids learn a harmless craft from their mom that you can teach your friends rather than, say, racism. Unless you work racism into your scoubidou. That's no good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031vKBPk5eA

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Movie rules.

Ok so there's an extremely nerdy play making the rounds in High School Theatre called She Kills Monsters, which is about a boring older sister who discovers her deceased younger sister was like an epic D&D player. It's set is like 94-97 and is totally made for milennial nerds.

Anyway we were super puzzled over this line that is supposed to launch one of the main characters into battle. We couldn't figure it out for the life of us so it got cut.

And one random afternoon Tombstone was on my TV and the line. The fuckin line. It's from fuckin Tombstone!

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
This song isn't technically 90's but I feel like it kind of embodies late 90's college rock pretty well

https://youtu.be/tPnK39ax_AM

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Deadwood is something I missed out on until recently but Powers Boothe is an evil gently caress in both

He's just so, western

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think it started in 1989 but I suddenly got the theme song for Denver The Last Dinosaur stuck in my head.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Deadwood is something I missed out on until recently but Powers Boothe is an evil gently caress in both

He's just so, western
He also played a hell of a telepathic gorilla:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk6YpnWbOXw

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner came out a year later. I know it wasn't entirely unseen that several movie studios competed over similar themes (like Armageddon and deep impact), but for this one they're really in large part telling the same story with the same characters. More so than usually anyway. It seems such a waste of effort.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flipperwaldt posted:

Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner came out a year later. I know it wasn't entirely unseen that several movie studios competed over similar themes (like Armageddon and deep impact), but for this one they're really in large part telling the same story with the same characters. More so than usually anyway. It seems such a waste of effort.

And Wyatt Earp was so much worse, for some reason.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Randaconda posted:

And Wyatt Earp was so much worse, for some reason.

Its so boring.

Tombstone has great lines like "I'll be your huckleberry".

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

twistedmentat posted:

Its so boring.

Tombstone has all the great lines

all of them

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Also the cool title.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

Its so boring.

You're no daisy, you're no daisy at all!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Randaconda posted:

You're no daisy, you're no daisy at all!

It's interesting that Val Kilmer is like recovering from cancer, not well spoken

He seems like the character he played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdFP0d9wKxA

now I will cry, for duke buttkins the last man of the west

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's interesting that Val Kilmer is like recovering from cancer, not well spoken

He seems like the character he played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdFP0d9wKxA

now I will cry, for duke buttkins the last man of the west

Doc was the best :allears:

I have not yet begun to defile myself

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Randaconda posted:

Doc was the best :allears:

I have not yet begun to defile myself

You hate to love a drunk tuberculosis ridden rear end in a top hat but you wish you could have lived as well as he did

Got a crooked gf, who is down to ride? check

Dismiss every shithead in the bar? check

Stand up for your one true friend? check

It's really quite beautiful

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
https://vimeo.com/67086114

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

You hate to love a drunk tuberculosis ridden rear end in a top hat but you wish you could have lived as well as he did

Got a crooked gf, who is down to ride? check

Dismiss every shithead in the bar? check

Stand up for your one true friend? check

It's really quite beautiful

"Hell, I gotta lot of friends."

"I don't."

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Good one. Val Kilmer's finest performance if you ask me.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

Tombstone has Val Kilmer.

Beaten by this point, but it had to be done

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
“You’re so drunk you’re probably seeing two of me”

“Well... I got two guns... one... for the each of ya...”

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I should watch Tombstone.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Unperson_47 posted:

It’s really excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Unperson_47 posted:

It’s not free on any subscription service but you can rent it for $4 on Amazon Prime Video.