Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Shear Modulus posted:

you can just jump between restaurant types? i thought you had to specialize

You have to make the rice every day for 8 years before they allow you to prepare the bibimbap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

since someone said it was from apple my guess was a count of times that people asked for directions from apple maps

Oh I read the website, yeah you're right. It's the number of times chuds searched for directions to Bubba's Cramped Outdoor Pool Bar

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the most important kind of chef is the bartender, or as they are more commonly known, the chef of alcohol

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

you can just jump between food types? i thought you had to specialize
anyone who has decent technique and instincts can cook a recipe when properly trained. most of the time you’re cooking the same 5-10 things over and over so anyone with a sense of pride, a patient teacher, and a functioning brain stem will learn pretty quickly

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

abuse culture. posted:

aside from critiquing the actual execution (eg your sauce looks like it is somehow both too watery and too chunky etc) the idea behind it is basically irredeemable. pasta is a starch, why are you throwing more starch on it. do you ever dip your chicken nuggets in loving tomato sauce. does your whole meal need to be extruded out of a die

buddy if starch on starch gets you this mad wait till you find out what a chicken parm sandwich is

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

anyone who has decent technique and instincts can cook a recipe when properly trained. most of the time you’re cooking the same 5-10 things over and over so anyone with a sense of pride, a patient teacher, and a functioning brain stem will learn pretty quickly

There are lots of super fancy techniques that chefs use, but most people can get good at cooking if they just practice and are willing to try new things (and occasionally mess up)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Gonna go eat a whole loaf of bread

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

next ull be saying you don't make ur own pasta

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
It was not my intent to draw snoo into this trap. I cannot believe how ugly this situation has become. Goon shaming goon. I will atone for this sin. I will eat the parmsta.

I will NOT eat the parmsta

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I ate a bowl of beans with a shitload of tapatio in them. that's what I cooked

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status/1264704005428699136

oh word??

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

oxsnard posted:

There are lots of super fancy techniques that chefs use, but most people can get good at cooking if they just practice and are willing to try new things (and occasionally mess up)

and the goal is not to achieve fine dining levels of precision and expertise. just learn how to butcher a whole chicken and know how to cut veggies. the most rudimentary of knife skills along with salt, pepper, and some oil is all you need to get off the ground.

I am no chef and never will be, but I still taught myself how to brunoise an onion damnit.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Solarin posted:

tapatio owns but something about the eyes of the man on the label creep me out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Solarin posted:

a week or two ago when i was drunk i opened up a can of black beans and ate them and it was the most delicious thing id ever eaten

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Shear Modulus posted:

a week or two ago when i was drunk i opened up a can of black beans and ate them and it was the most delicious thing id ever eaten

little early to be dipping into your apocalypse beans

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Mourne posted:

I am no chef and never will be, but I still taught myself how to brunoise an onion damnit.

I believe the term you were looking for was “chop an onion damnit”

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

that’s impossible! I’ve heard we beat this thing.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Mourne posted:

and the goal is not to achieve fine dining levels of precision and expertise. just learn how to butcher a whole chicken and know how to cut veggies. the most rudimentary of knife skills along with salt, pepper, and some oil is all you need to get off the ground.

you don’t even need pepper really

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I believe the term you were looking for was “chop an onion damnit”

:geno:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

snoo posted:

what's wrong with my loving pasta

lil tip: use a hair dryer to melt da cheese

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Marryland

more like

Marrylung

and ur about 2 get divorced :sad:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Rinse your fuckin rice

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

canned black beans are better than they have any right to be. except the new brand my grocer is carrying; the bean juice is thin and not seasoned as well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

punchymcpunch posted:

lil tip: use a hair dryer to melt da cheese

That tends to blow the cheese around a bit. You can put a plate in the oven for a while to heat up and then place that on top of the cheese to melt it.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

but chugging pure uncut bean juice 2 cure the roni

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Learn how to make some Jamaican peas and rice. That poo poo is off the hook

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

injecting the beans straight into my lungs

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I'm eating the cheese straight out of the bag

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

abuse culture. posted:

you don’t even need pepper really

:chloe:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

wtf is wrong with you

sir turn on ur monitor

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

snoo posted:

I'm eating the cheese straight out of the bag

are you currently under the influence of drugs or alcohol or have you just given up?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

aside from critiquing the actual execution (eg your sauce looks like it is somehow both too watery and too chunky etc) the idea behind it is basically irredeemable. pasta is a starch, why are you throwing more starch on it. do you ever dip your chicken nuggets in loving tomato sauce. does your whole meal need to be extruded out of a die
/

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Oneiros posted:

canned black beans are better than they have any right to be. except the new brand my grocer is carrying; the bean juice is thin and not seasoned as well.

This will be a deep insult in our near future.

"Your been juice is thin and not seasoned well, you god damned Coronid!"

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Brazil is going to be the first country to hit a million dead.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1264734384764190720

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao pasta elitists

this is the roni zone nerds not the macaroni zone

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This will be a deep insult in our near future.

"Your been juice is thin and not seasoned well, you god damned Coronid!"

empires will rise and fall on the quality of their bean juice

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nuggie pasta is stupid its not like good pasta ingredients are expensive. the rest of the food looks good. i would give snoos cooking a workmanlike 7.5/10

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Charlz Guybon posted:

Brazil is going to be the first country to hit a million dead.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1264734384764190720

Brazil is looking like an utter catastrophe and India is a few weeks about from being one while still going exponential

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whack a box of uncooked spaghetti against a door frame eight or eleven times, then open the box and throw handfuls of “spaghetti confetti” into the air and try to catch as much as you can in yr mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe5XU8FpfyM

https://mobile.twitter.com/RawStory/status/1264702720193073152

quote:

“Somebody saw us and the mayor and I were both wearing masks and they yelled at us to take them off,” Chen recalled on Sunday. “Somebody claimed that sunlight is the best disinfectant.”

In a subsequent report, Chen revealed that she had also been harassed while working in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

“Within the past hour, there was a person who was not happy with what we were covering,” Chen said. “We’ve been talking to people — who have all been really nice, by the way — talking to us about how they’re social distancing, what they’re seeing with the crowds on the beach, but this person didn’t like it.”

“In addition to shouting at us while I had a mask on, he said to me to get out of his country with an expletive and that I was responsible for this, referring to my ethnicity,” she added. “So, that wasn’t nice.”