Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

learned that my work is just letting people in with no restrictions now, despite the 10 person limit for retail businesses still in effect, this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

facetoucher cat posted:

If Spirit airlines survives this you're going to have to pay an extra fee for a plane that's like had a 99 point certification or something but no one will pay it so they're just going to figure out how to attach seats to one of those rubber band wind up birds that fly

There were plenty of iffy planes in the sky before the pandemic too.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I stayed inside for 10 weeks only to watch all my friends decide to go on vacation with their families this weekend and gently caress everything up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shear Modulus posted:

extreme pasta aggression itt

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

abuse culture. posted:

sorry for being mean but I have been an executive chef at a hipster Korean food place and a sous chef at an expensive Italian place. when people ask me about food I’m pretty honest and brutal. your Asian stuff you posted looks pretty well made!

gently caress off

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Trixie Hardcore posted:

REGULATION UPDATE: All goons MUST submit a picture of every meal so that we can explain how we are all professional chefs and your meal is poo poo. Then you must eat the meal while playing a laugh track because nothing you do will ever be good enough.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

My Mother The Car posted:

This thread moves wayyy too fast but i was catching up this morning and something bothered me:

Anyone who uses their experience at various restaurants to tell someone else that the food they cooked and enjoyed is 'wrong' is forgetting one thing:

As a professional chef; everything you make turns to poo poo.

There is a time and place to flex and plate something with consideration and care. There is also a place for a big ol' bowl of carbs that makes ya feel good.

It all ends up in the same place. Don't gatekeep and poo poo on someone because your experience means you "know better"; people never appreciate it and you will invariably come off as a butthole.

Let Snoo have their parmsta.

I've been working in hospitality for 20 years in the FOH and BOH; have worked in almost every role from casual to fine dining(1 star michelin). My favorite thing to make is julienne fried pig ear; toss it with some fish sauce and sesame oil and alittle green onion.

thank u

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

I stayed inside for 10 weeks only to watch all my friends decide to go on vacation with their families this weekend and gently caress everything up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Not sure I ever need to eat meat again now that I can make tofu

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

im the hipster floppy disk

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

is that garfield there

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Coatlicue posted:

I tried to give :10bux: to the cashier who also bagged all my groceries and she wouldn't take it and said they were not allowed. Same with the cashier at drive thru last week.

Is it illegal for companies to mandate "no tips" rule?

Coatlicue posted:

This was not Walmart, but I thought that it was OK to tip someone to bag groceries?

I am sure it is bullshit, but what is the reason that they give for not allowing workers to accept tips?

My chain is also very strict against us taking tips from customers. it's the whole 'conflict of interest' thing, because "we don't want people to be afraid to ask for the service we provide." Before the pandemic, we'd take people's groceries to their cars all the time after their shopping trips. We can't do that now, but we do offer curbside pick-up, which is nearly the same thing.

I have had several customers try to tip me when taking their groceries out since the pandemic and have turned them all down. I had to take one's cash because she played the "customer's always right" saying and it's really hard for me to turn down that.

The wife of the former owner of our chain used to frequent our store, and she would try to trick new hires into accepting tips. There's no :psyduck: big enough for that.

The bottom line is that grocery workers honestly aren't paid enough and we are still highly discouraged from taking tips. If we do, yes, we are supposed to mark it down as a charity donation. It's dumb as hell.

America, folks.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

live music in tiny bars loving blows, love to have to scream to talk to my buddies

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Fuckin hyped for the second wave someone line up the Spanish flu with covid-19 again

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

dex_sda posted:

is that garfield there

that's snoopy idiot

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Epic High Five posted:

live music in tiny bars loving blows, love to have to scream to talk to my buddies

its not live music's fault, half those places would blast the jukebox just as loud if there wasnt a band

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Grimace posted:

My chain is also very strict against us taking tips from customers. it's the whole 'conflict of interest' thing, because "we don't want people to be afraid to ask for the service we provide." Before the pandemic, we'd take people's groceries to their cars all the time after their shopping trips. We can't do that now, but we do offer curbside pick-up, which is nearly the same thing.

I have had several customers try to tip me when taking their groceries out since the pandemic and have turned them all down. I had to take one's cash because she played the "customer's always right" saying and it's really hard for me to turn down that.

The wife of the former owner of our chain used to frequent our store, and she would try to trick new hires into accepting tips. There's no :psyduck: big enough for that.

The bottom line is that grocery workers honestly aren't paid enough and we are still highly discouraged from taking tips. If we do, yes, we are supposed to mark it down as a charity donation. It's dumb as hell.

America, folks.

extremely street fight call-in show vibes

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/business/status/1264837379652714496

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ChristsDickWorship posted:

its not live music's fault, half those places would blast the jukebox just as loud if there wasnt a band

I'm not blaming the band and would be just as mad about the jukebox

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

It’s just someone trying to put a patent on it, and would take 6 months longer, and would have to be approved all over the world, so it’s pretty dumb compared to the normal one.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Epic High Five posted:

I'm not blaming the band and would be just as mad about the jukebox

there's a twisted psychology to it. they often do it at business conferences too, they want people to walk in the door and loud music is supposed to serve as the backdrop of fun where you totally enjoy yourself. then you're supposed to sit and listen to a presentation about how your healthcare benefits are changing

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

ok that's it, time to end the lockdown. OPEN ER UP

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

dex_sda posted:

is that garfield there

Snoopy, you cretin!

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

magiccarpet posted:

lol basically

and the fun thing is the people who have spread the rona to the people who will suffer and die will themselves never get it and think they were in the right to go out since they're not personally sick

the united states is a real loving horrible place full of loving disgusting toddler people

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

abuse culture. posted:

sorry for being mean but I have been an executive chef at a hipster Korean food place and a sous chef at an expensive Italian place. when people ask me about food I’m pretty honest and brutal. your Asian stuff you posted looks pretty well made!

Lol

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

the first draft of this headline was definitely more like "filthy, diseased proles"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://twitter.com/timjhogan/status/1264719525217476609

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

snoo posted:

learned that my work is just letting people in with no restrictions now, despite the 10 person limit for retail businesses still in effect, this owns

spam report them to various authorities, the mayors office, etc. if they get shut down it means they cant take unemployment away.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the worst bit on chowing down a burrito is when you bite into it and enjoying it and then sudden the bottom have opens up and all the goodies fall on your lap and now you got pants you have to wash.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

This is satire right? Or maybe intentionally written to annoy non-billionaires and generate clicks. It looks serious and the authors have normal articles on the site but:

quote:

Malta is the only destination for this service, so if your yacht is moored in Antibes or Porto Cervo, you’re out of luck. But if you’re the type of person who’s serious about yachting during a pandemic, then Malta is probably a place you should check out.

When you think about it Waldo was the original super-spreader.
edit: Fourth reply in that twitter feed, I shouldn't post.

Nocturtle has issued a correction as of 16:56 on May 25, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Go to a bar that doesn't have live music

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wait should people be going to bars

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CODChimera posted:

Go to a bar that doesn't have live music

The best live music at a bar I've experienced was Emanicpator. the guy always plays chill music that can't really overwhelm a space and it made it really nice to just hang out for hours and drink.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The Grimace posted:

America, folks.

It sounds like somebody could disrupt with an app that lets you tip workers at home once the bosses are out of sight, but it'd be risky in that if the company were hacked or careless with security, the workers would all be fired anyway

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

abuse culture. posted:

colour is very important with food (you eat with your eyes first!) to the point where if I can’t garnish something I’m making that someone else might see then I won’t make it

Everyone post more food pics to make this clown more angry :laugh:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

The best live music at a bar I've experienced was Emanicpator. the guy always plays chill music that can't really overwhelm a space and it made it really nice to just hang out for hours and drink.

You get get absolutely shitfaced at home on decent liquor for like 10 bucls

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

umm the helipad? what am i some smallass yacht having daytrader??

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Is this the covid thread or the chef's thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

snoo posted:

here's nice looking food I've made in the last month and a half

looking forward to never having beef again I guess :(

Whip me up some

Y no beef

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

dex_sda posted:

I'm partial to vegetarianism for environmental reasons and limited my meat intake before this happened, but I also lift and work so my food needs to be healthy and packed with protein. Vegetarian food that fits this description takes longer to cook to taste good. So I went more vegetarian now that I have the time thanks to working (and working out) from home.

My veg and beans game has improved, which is good. But once things go back to the old ways I'll probably go back to eating more flesh again, just for convenience. It's also saving me cash for sure though, the drat food prices are skyrocketing here and they're doing it faster for meats.

if you don't mind the "rawer" taste, a great way to get that solved is with plant protein supplements, like whey but cheaper and vegan. protip: soy usually is the cheapest, peas and rice are good, mixed ones tend to be more expensive but that is because they put like a ridiculous combination of things which makes it really nutritious in many different fronts

just avoid those who are explicitly VEGAN PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT EXTRA MIX or something because then they are way more expensive