Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I suppose it's handy the lobby press clearly loathe this guy and think he's a massive prick, because for once they're actually giving a modicum of scrutiny and asking pressing questions

e: 135 miles will only get you as far as Lincolnshire (ish)

Answers Me fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Interesting that Cummings job is not to give advice as per his job title, but to make decisions.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He makes Johnson sound like a mob boss who'll bash your head in with a bowling ball if you waste two minutes of his time.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

namesake posted:

I'm currently 100% okay with the Tory government going to war with the press to defend Cummings because that's going to be a messy civil war.

"The enemy of my enemy is also my enemy and watching them tear chunks out of each other is just a really good time" isn't as catchy but far more accurate.

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
These questions are getting good now that laurak and Peston are gone.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

He's like a deer caught in the headlights right now, this is great

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Magic Mango posted:

These questions are getting good now that laurak and Peston are gone.

Give it two minutes until they cut away to Boris.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Wachter posted:

This is less credible than Prince Andrew can't sweat. Whose idea was this 20-car pile up?

well, is prince andrew in jail for noncing?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He gets minor credit for not saying "I have been clear" ad nauseum at least

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

A lawyer friend of mine has pointed out that Cummings timeline is full of verifiable claims about where he was and what he did so there's a huge chance Cummings gets owned by a chance photograph or very trustworthy witness.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
false stories driving people mad

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm still trying to understand which part of the story was palpably untrue, because hasn't he admitted to the whole thing now?

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
This is literally 'it's regrettable that the media lied so much and made the people mad. No, I won't be specific about any of those lies.'

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"it seemed to me I was in an exceptional circumstance" - the tory manifesto

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm still trying to understand which part of the story was palpably untrue, because hasn't he admitted to the whole thing now?

Him going back up to Durham after coming down to London, apparently. Everything else seems to be verified.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Websters dictionary defines 'lock down' as...

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Jesus, we have all played this guy at Warhammer.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's the going back after he'd finished isolating that he denies.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Marmaduke! posted:

He gets minor credit for not saying "I have been clear" ad nauseum at least

Uh, let me be clear, I uh, walked in my dad's woods,

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

they forgot to report that it was all ok because cummies decided it was

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Gary Gibbon trying to sneak in a question that he absolutely was not allowed to ask there

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Coohoolin posted:

boris johnson has never done a sociology course in his life

do UK universities distinguish between "classics" and "humanities"?

Literally a degree about the Classics called 'humanities' :getin:

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Well, she hadn’t been tested for COVID, you see, therefore

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's
Lol Dominic gets asked a difficult question. Writes something down (it’s the death warrant of that journalist)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

This is like the Prince Andrew interview: he’s giving a defence lawyer esque perfectly innocent explanation of the evidence and explaining how that means he’s innocent, while simultaneously sounding completely out of touch and completely insane.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Does he really think his parents owning a loving wood makes him look better?

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
Hasn't he just catch 22'd himself? If he wasn't sure she had corona then there was even less reason to break the lockdown.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Amazed at how many people say Castle Barnard

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

kid can't hold it in on a 30-minute round trip but both develop bladders of steel for 260 miles

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

stev posted:

Does he really think his parents owning a loving wood makes him look better?

It’s the Tory version of the ten dollar banana, it’s amazing.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

Hasn't he just catch 22'd himself? If he wasn't sure she had corona then there was even less reason to break the lockdown.

he said earlier that he assumed she had it, that's why he was so worried in the first place

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Oh god his fundamental argument is that he THOUGHT his actions were appropriate, he's hosed. He's got to be hosed. The only excuse has to be he felt he had no choice, otherwise he's choosing to break the rules to make things easier for himself.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Necrothatcher posted:

he said earlier that he assumed she had it, that's why he was so worried in the first place

But he also just said that she didn't have a cough and therefore knew she didn't have it.

I mean if there was an actual journalist in the audience maybe they'd pick up on this.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

is there medical advice from a doctor that's not "expert medical advice?"

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Ooh, I like the way this woman's opening her questioning. Feels like she's got something up her sleeve

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

namesake posted:

Oh god his fundamental argument is that he THOUGHT his actions were appropriate, he's hosed. He's got to be hosed. The only excuse has to be he felt he had no choice, otherwise he's choosing to break the rules to make things easier for himself.

No he's not, he's going to be fine.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pesmerga posted:

No he's not, he's going to be fine.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

he's running the successful strategy that won him the brex referendum and the general. i think it could work here too, basically you accept that the twittersphere and liberal media means literally loving nothing with regards to elections (at least for the right, it obvs matters quite a lot for the left coz people are more media credulous) and that everyone loving loathes the media

he's right too, if given the choice between burying cummings in a hole or the UK media in a hole i'd be tearfully saying goodbye to owen jones

like the GE and ref it all depends on the tory party holding together and not shaking apart under the media pressure

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
so he decided he needed to leave London because they might have the coronavirus, but they didn't breach the lockdown because the symptoms weren't the ones (cough and temperature) that you needed to isolate for lol

tbf he did get some pretty poor medical advice, apparently they told him he wasn't a danger to the public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

is there medical advice from a doctor that's not "expert medical advice?"

Doctor of music?