Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Morning Star Buffalo Patties my bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cuomo did his presser from an aircraft carrier deck and talked about seceding twice lol

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bearjew posted:

Is this the covid thread or the chef's thread

yes

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

magiccarpet posted:

I stayed inside for 10 weeks only to watch all my friends decide to go on vacation with their families this weekend and gently caress everything up

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

if you don't mind the "rawer" taste, a great way to get that solved is with plant protein supplements, like whey but cheaper and vegan. protip: soy usually is the cheapest, peas and rice are good, mixed ones tend to be more expensive but that is because they put like a ridiculous combination of things which makes it really nutritious in many different fronts

just avoid those who are explicitly VEGAN PROTEIN SUPPLEMENT EXTRA MIX or something because then they are way more expensive

I prefer to get my protons from non-supps

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

cuomo did his presser from an aircraft carrier deck and talked about seceding twice lol

It is Memorial Day but gently caress it full Balkanization now

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Bearjew posted:

this is the beans thread

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

spam report them to various authorities, the mayors office, etc. if they get shut down it means they cant take unemployment away.

The point of the restrictions isn't to actually enforce them, it's to transfer liability.

My Mother The Car
Feb 15, 2001
When does the hurting stop?

Bearjew posted:

por que no los dos

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

magiccarpet posted:

Do it, mang

Sep 2, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

I stayed inside for 10 weeks only to watch all my friends decide to go on vacation with their families this weekend and gently caress everything up

gotta love these feelings of powerlessness and futility because we live in a dumbass idiot nation full of people with the mental development of a spoiled toddler

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/niigata_nippo/status/1264777868170735617?s=19

Japan is finally doing a trial of BCG vaccine, with Tokyo strain, which was missing from the 13 or 14 other countries doing a trial, I think, and seemed to be one of the most promising

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

snoo posted:

this is just chicken nuggets and pasta lmao

but it tastes good

this looks really tasty ngl

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

this looks like a gta loading screen

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm close to saying gently caress it. 99% chance that I won't die and everyone else acting like nothing is happening means that my being drunk, bored and depressed hanging out in my apartment won't make a drat bit of difference.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Korean Boomhauer posted:

this looks like a gta loading screen

or the placard for a saints row mission to replace the holy water in the priest's squirt guns with lsd.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1264668632237445120

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I kinda wonder what it would take to have another NBA shutting down type event for the next wave. The only thing I can think of would be if a prominent college football team had a mass outbreak that resulted in the death of a player or head coach. But it couldn't be some random D3 school, it'd have to be Alabama or Clemson or somewhere like that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Thoguh posted:

I kinda wonder what it would take to have another NBA shutting down type event for the next wave. The only thing I can think of would be if a prominent college football team had a mass outbreak that resulted in the death of a player or head coach. But it couldn't be some random D3 school, it'd have to be Alabama or Clemson or somewhere like that.

Covvv Tide!!

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Thoguh posted:

Nick Saban lol

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Thoguh posted:

lol the mentality has shifted to "people are going to die :shrug:"

even if covid wiped out the entirety of the sec they would just have a bunch of dumb pre-game memorials and tut-tutting for praying for the families

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Man, killing live music in bars/restaurants permanently would have been a huge net positive.

boo this man

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Thoguh posted:

Definitely not a player death. That would just result in a bunch of touching tributes and, like, a t-shirt giveaway with his number on Senior night. A SEC HC is gonna have to go

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/McauleyHolmes/status/1264721468761481216

quote:

A viral video captures one shopper, who is not wearing a face mask, being shouted at, vilified, and asked to leave by a handful of grocery store customers in Staten Island, New York.

In the video a woman pushing a cart without a face mask is surrounded by people shouting “get the f*** outta here” and “get out”, as customers repeatedly point towards the door and she is pressured to leave.

The viral video is part of a wave of social shaming on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites, aimed at people not wearing face masks in public places.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Owns.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Wrex Ruckus posted:

ok that's it, time to end the lockdown. OPEN ER UP

who unwraps a burrito?? just get it in bowl form at that point

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
lol first thing I thought too was Alabama. maybe the whole sec gets it if we’re lucky plus Oregon football for good measure

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Saves about 400 calories of carbs too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

you eat the tin foil?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
are we doing food posts?

Shrimp and Scallops in a creamy white wine sauce over 5 cheese tortellini

Homemade sushi using a sushizooka

Chicken and waffles with a nutella maple syrup

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

hifi posted:

you eat the tin foil?

when its on a burrito this is called the 'crunch wrap'

i need to punch
Aug 27, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Staten island is uncancelled

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Thoguh posted:

there would have to be an actual b-ballnacht next time

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm close to saying gently caress it. 99% chance that I won't die and everyone else acting like nothing is happening means that my being drunk, bored and depressed hanging out in my apartment won't make a drat bit of difference.

lol rip to ask those people you infect and kill you moron

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Nice sentiment but screaming out all those droplets is probably counterproductive.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Google Butt posted:

lol rip to ask those people you infect and kill you moron

yeah. thats one of the things holding me back

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Welp, my father in law who owns a grocery store and has been working endless 12 hour days since this started called my wife today and asked her to come run the store (she can; she’s got years of experience) because the schedule is killing him.

So now I get to powerlessly watch as my wife goes 500 miles away for a month, puts herself in danger, and it won’t even make a dent because every selfish prick couldn’t be without the Red Lobster or whatever for a couple months.

gently caress this stupid country, its stupid endless chuds, and the completely useless so-called opposition party.

It’s all so goddamn pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Definitely not a player death. That would just result in a bunch of touching tributes and, like, a t-shirt giveaway with his number on Senior night. A SEC HC is gonna have to go

Coach O, but with a driving cough.