Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

cspam really putting on their covid nineteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Acelerion posted:

I've only put on like five pounds but I'm drinking more and exercising less so I'm sure I'm doing sufficient long term damage anyway.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i need to punch posted:

Staten island is uncancelled

Make Breaking Balls great again!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Knoxville chud gym is all the way open. They squirt your hands when you come in and you’re to maintain twelve feet of social distancing, but masks are optional.

Luckily I lift in the oly section in the back with the rest of the nerds who naturally stay socially distanced and politely lift one at a time.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm close to saying gently caress it. 99% chance that I won't die and everyone else acting like nothing is happening means that my being drunk, bored and depressed hanging out in my apartment won't make a drat bit of difference.

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are pats fans really hanging tom brady in effigy after they won like 20 super bowls and he went to retire to make a zillion dollars playing for a lovely team

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

FizFashizzle posted:

Knoxville chud gym is all the way open. They squirt your hands when you come in and you’re to maintain twelve feet of social distancing, but masks are optional.

Luckily I lift in the oly section in the back with the rest of the nerds who naturally stay socially distanced and politely lift one at a time.

Work out at home

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Acelerion posted:

Cooking more with less, eating lighter lunches, stopping drinking, and doing more yard work have somehow managed to offset my new 'take an edible and eat a spoonful of nutella from the jar' evening quarantine routine

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

FizFashizzle posted:

my absolute favorite genre of post is "everyone is stupid for being here except for me"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

charity rereg posted:

my absolute favorite genre of post is "everyone is stupid for being here except for me"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Google Butt posted:

Work out at home

Mask off was supposed to stop tomorrow :/

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

Wow, everyone at that gym sure sounds like an idiot

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Dumb Lowtax posted:

thank you halliburton

lol why would u wear a suit

Steve Yun posted:

seen on the 5 north near Glendale, CA

got him this time!!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

charity rereg posted:

I only do 18 shots at the bar and go driving.

The other people the real idiots do 20 shots and then go driving.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
I just make soup of everything and try to get my grassroots cult going

https://twitter.com/Bigbum001/status/1264909618444210178?s=19

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

good.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

can't believe all these people doing the exact same thing im doing, what's wrong with them!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

charity rereg posted:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Thoguh posted:

I've only put on like five pounds but I'm drinking more and exercising less so I'm sure I'm doing sufficient long term damage anyway.
This is the true measure of man. If you're getting chubbier from this, our society actually improves you as a person. If you're getting leaner, it's dragging you down. Unless you actually want to be chubbier, in which case reverse these.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

got any sevens posted:

got him this time!!!

America: multiple generations of cowards peacefully protesting their genocide

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah, i mean, it's not like you have to pass through and be around areas with lots of other people and recirculated air. i mean you went to the back, it's fine, obviously

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1261896730997637120?s=21

maybe I want the freedom to be a clown

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

for fucks sake stay home people

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Thump! posted:

for fucks sake stay home people

But like
I really just need to get out and you know

see what's going on at the home depot

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Open er up

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/profwolff/status/1264969729694765059?s=20

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

americans really want to to the gym (?) and get a haircut but we cannot even be bothered to try to get any sort of public funded healthcare.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Germany has wider union participation by comparison and programs like "short work" to allow companies to reduce hours without laying people off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short-time_working

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
haha i went to the gym the other day and saw so many IDIOTS there

-an idiot

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

knobgobblin posted:

haha i went to the gym the other day and saw so many IDIOTS there

-an idiot

gyms usually have mirrors on the walls

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Poniard posted:

gyms usually have mirrors on the walls

funhousen by proxy

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
turn off the gym television

FlutieFlake
Nov 5, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

fair enough

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
fiz don't go to the loving gym!!!!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

no force on God's Earth will stop me in my quest to get into the gym before everybody else, change the channels off Fox News, and hide the remotes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Epic High Five posted:

no force on God's Earth will stop me in my quest to get into the gym before everybody else, change the channels off Fox News, and hide the remotes

little pro tip: when you sneeze do it on the gym floor, so Coronavirus will be confused, then you can crush it with the weights, specially deadlifting

just lift the coronavirus away guys

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

I just make soup of everything and try to get my grassroots cult going

https://twitter.com/Bigbum001/status/1264909618444210178?s=19

lol

but sadly for every one of these there are like 20 incidents of the exact opposite thing happening

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

like seriously get some big water jugs delivered to your house and lift those up and down

go run in your neighborhood and stay the gently caress away from people

climb a fuckin mountain or something

above all, STAY THE gently caress HOME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I think there is a reasonable middle ground between cramming into packed bars and gyms, and never leaving the house. Like wear a mask, stay away from people, but if you're one of the people who literally aren't going outside, props to you but I can't do that.