Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

my mom (less chud and more tradcath), who has done an exemplary job of staying home and keeping safe, is freaked out about phone tracking for contact tracing. as in, 'will actively stop using her cell phone if the state (PA) starts accessing that data'

i feel like that's a very common sentiment. privacy is going to reign supreme and we will never be able to isolate new cases.

It's weird how people have been fine with their phones surveiling their every move to show them better ads, but the instant we try to use that surveillance for an actual public good suddenly it's a step too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol may 4th is when the state "opened" back up

love how all the states collectively decided that the number didnt actually have to go down

cannot wait for the two weeks later from now graph (if people are still alive to input data)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

They busted some guy who broke quarantine and shot a chicken with a spear gun.

shish kabirb

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
unskewed roni deaths

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Greg Legg posted:

Covid has weirdly kind of relieved my anxiety but now I'm super paranoid and think every white person I see out is breaking quarantine.

Being suspicious of white people is a good survival reflex.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It's weird how people have been fine with their phones surveiling their every move to show them better ads, but the instant we try to use that surveillance for an actual public good suddenly it's a step too far.

i brought this up and she was unable to explain why she was ok with apple having the data in the first place. at least she's staying in, i guess?

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol there is actually a little bit of truth to the fact that if we found a vaccine tomorrow, magically got everyone vaccinated, and literally no one could get corona anymore, and then got out in the world, there would be a small bump in other diseases as everyone shares new pathogens all at once. Going to be about 40,000x less deadly than covid though

Me, I'm just worried about those hot dogs I thawed out last week and have been in the fridge and I ate one today and the aftertaste was a little gross and now I probably have listeria gently caress

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Flavius Aetass posted:

unskewed roni

whoa a new entree at the guy fieri restuarant

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

i brought this up and she was unable to explain why she was ok with apple having the data in the first place. at least she's staying in, i guess?

i think most people don't want a "public good" or "public health" because it would mean their enemies in society also get the good things

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Me, I'm just worried about those hot dogs I thawed out last week and have been in the fridge and I ate one today and the aftertaste was a little gross and now I probably have listeria gently caress

mr hot dog claims another victim

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

reminder that the second Spanish flu wave mutated and started wiping out 20-40 year olds

Was it a mutation or better data? The first wave happened when all the 20-40 year old men were up to their necks in poo poo and mud, and the military had, say, a vested interest in not reporting their deaths publicly.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

eat up friends!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1264996588834996226?s=20
great news

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Thoguh posted:

Meh, we never had a huge spike after Easter. There will be some weddings that are superspreader events but they'll get lost in the noise of some churches/gyms/restaurants spreading it. I don't think we're gonna drop but this will cook along all summer while most people work from home, sports and concerts are canceled, and school is out of session. This fall as more offices back fill up, kids go back to school, and we have football games... Then shits gonna get wild.

What are you talking about? If you search "coronavirus Easter" you'll find plenty of articles discussing local and regional Easter spikes around the country. The only reason there wasn't a nationwide spike was because most places still had social distancing orders.

I mean it will probably cook over 4-6 weeks because that's how long secondary and tertiary cases will take to appear but lol if you don't think poo poo's going to be popping by the 4th.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
sorry y'all I'm reading crazy people forums and I can't help myself

quote:

If you keep holed up on your bunker/home you are harming the small businesses who are already bleeding from this hysteria. The chances of catching this is diminishing as the weather warms. States are opening up. There is no reason to continue the lockdown unless you just LIKE doing that. Which is, i suspect the case for many. This illness has given a lot of people an identity either as a sick person, a potentially sick and delicate person or doknday soothsayer whose dire warnings all of us should finally heed.

We went into a restaurant and had our first meal yesterday. It was glorious. We even traveled on a plane out of state to do it.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

lol

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Zeroisanumber posted:

Being suspicious of white people is a good survival reflex.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Rah! posted:

shut up joe

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Yeah we've hit 100k about 2 weeks ago most likely.

And the bump we get when we're able to get actual numbers after the three day weekend is going to probably get us to around 103,000 in the undercount

If anyone guessed that a month ago they must be a loving genius

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

haha :thermidor:

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I guessed 120k dead by june 1st and while that obviously won't be the reported number (somewhere between 104-108k) I still feel good about that actually being the number of people who will have died from covid by then

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Greg Legg posted:

Covid has weirdly kind of relieved my anxiety but now I'm super paranoid and think every white person I see out is breaking quarantine.

my covid anxiety is subsumed by my regular anxiety, it kind of owns

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
governments should just buy the location data from Apple or Google. if anyone complains, tell them to read their user agreement and kick rocks.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WayneFreedman/status/1265030162967433217?s=20

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:goofy:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Mandatory testing on arrival and every few days or a 14 day national guard-administered quarantine if you refuse seems entirely reasonable.

We are about a week away from news media insisting everyone should avoid minorities since they're the ones who have the highest infection and death rates

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

People hate their own cooking so much they would rather die

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

We are about a week away from news media insisting everyone should avoid minorities since they're the ones who have the highest infection and death rates

:goofy:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

i am the doknday soothsayer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

yeah that’s already the vibe from the chuds

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

quote:

If you keep holed up on your bunker/home you are harming the small businesses who are already bleeding from this hysteria. The chances of catching this is diminishing as the weather warms. States are opening up. There is no reason to continue the lockdown unless you just LIKE doing that. Which is, i suspect the case for many. This illness has given a lot of people an identity either as a sick person, a potentially sick and delicate person or doknday soothsayer whose dire warnings all of us should finally heed.

We went into a restaurant and had our first meal yesterday. It was glorious. We even traveled on a plane out of state to do it.

lol I’m not loving risking death to help small businesses I’m a doknday soothsayer all the way

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
time to kick out all the haole and reclaim you're country

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ebola Roulette posted:

People hate their own cooking so much they would rather die

Cooking isn't that hard, they just miss having someone to boss around, and probably don't tip because the waitress has a visible tattoo.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

moloch approved

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1264996588834996226?s=20

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

moist turtleneck posted:

lol may 4th is when the state "opened" back up

love how all the states collectively decided that the number didnt actually have to go down

cannot wait for the two weeks later from now graph (if people are still alive to input data)

tbh if the state opened back up on may 4th youd expect some pretty big spikes by the 14th-20th and the trend is still plateau/slow decline. if nothing else i think this virus has turned out to be somewhat impossible to really predict.

i think now we're going to start seeing the big superspreader events though which seems more and more how corona spreads.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Get back out there cattle.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

charity rereg posted:

tbh if the state opened back up on may 4th youd expect some pretty big spikes by the 14th-20th and the trend is still plateau/slow decline. if nothing else i think this virus has turned out to be somewhat impossible to really predict.

i think now we're going to start seeing the big superspreader events though which seems more and more how corona spreads.

Just because a state opens bavk up doesn't mean people go back out. Social events provide an excuse tho. Let's do this.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This whole time ive been doing exactly what i need to do to destroy the system? Doing nothing is all it takes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
quickly running out of restaurants not on the "we opened our dining room like fucker idiots" blacklist.

curbside pickup and delivery booze was nice for a few weeks, but I guess we're going to have to dive back into our bean stash full time