Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the girlfriend was cancelled for being problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sorry posting a link got Lowtaxes legs broken by a man in a Crash Bandcoot costume but in my defense that is my fetish

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

End: None

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Can’t believe Lowtax is going to jail unless everyone that’s read this thread buys the game

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Shifty gimbal posted:

Who on earth would gently caress that thing

I don't come into your house and judge you

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Hello to whoever the corporate drone tasked with reading this thread is, I honestly forgot The Last of Us even existed and don't really care about whatever this video game bullshit is but how do I get paid to read forums threads?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

also where the gently caress is the uncharted kart racing game

It's going to get combined with The Fast of Us.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

i dont own a ps4 hehehe

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not going to buy Last of Us 2 but it has nothing to do with this poo poo, I'm just not interested in it.

I would however prefer it if you could act like I'm taking a principled stance against Sony

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 25, 2020

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

The REAL Goobusters posted:

i dont own a ps4 hehehe

you'll still buy it or so help me god!

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

I said come in! posted:

I feel like we should change the thread title to a major confirmed spoiler.

gently caress off, kind regards.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
this is all very stupid but I don't think that should be cause to spoil the mediocre zombie game for unsuspecting folks

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just change Games to Last of Us 2 Leak Forum imo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I didn't like the first game and thought it was overrated.

Those are fightin words around these parts.

Also iirc that group was huge and only a small portion of it caved for mw2. :shrug:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

this is all very stupid but I don't think that should be cause to spoil the mediocre zombie game for unsuspecting folks

I think everyone should be saved from spending money on this game.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just tell them this thread is really good theorycrafting and to be less predictable in the future

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Threaten to leak Last of Us 3 if they don't retract that email!!

Wulf
May 8, 2008
The Last of Us 3 will be the previous two games protagonists in a buddy cop show.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

It should in fact be cause because spoiler culture is dumb and needs to die a thousand deaths

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

It should in fact be cause because spoiler culture is dumb and needs to die a thousand deaths

randomly spoiling people about a thing that isn't even out yet only encourages spoiler culture

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
spoiling things for others is a dick move, no matter your opinions on the media in question

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

spoiling things for others is a dick move, no matter your opinions on the media in question

On the other hand a subforum being renamed to "Han Solo Dies" was pretty funny when it happened, same for the GoT spoilers

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

what does this even mean

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there is probably something to the idea that people get too hung up on spoilers because writing is too focused on twists and such but people who don't care if they already know all the details of a story before they experience it kind of strike me like those people who don't have inner monologues or can't visualize in their brains

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Stux posted:

what does this even mean

something something NERDS!!!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

randomly spoiling people about a thing that isn't even out yet only encourages spoiler culture

Stux posted:

what does this even mean

Handwringing over consumption of media being ruined because a plot point was revealed has become extremely overblown and quite silly.

Spoilers aren't going to shoot someone's dog and it would be nice if they weren't treated as if they would!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there is probably something to the idea that people get too hung up on spoilers because writing is too focused on twists and such

This summarizes it pretty well.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Spoilers aren't going to shoot someone's dog and it would be nice if they weren't treated as if they would!

but let me tell you about what happens in this game!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

but let me tell you about what happens in this game!

ok there's an exception to everything

in another example of being a truly avant-garde masterpiece, the last of us 2 names all the murdered dogs after major plot deaths in the last 20 years

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

do you think the guy who found this thread found it combing through search results for TLOU2 leaks as part of the most soul sucking job of all time or do you figure it's a poster who's a ND employee and also a gigantic baby

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

Handwringing over consumption of media being ruined because a plot point was revealed has become extremely overblown and quite silly.

This summarizes it pretty well.

you missed the rest of that post in your quote

Mandrel posted:

do you think the guy who found this thread found it combing through search results for TLOU2 leaks as part of the most soul sucking job of all time or do you figure it's a poster who's a ND employee and also a gigantic baby

i think its automated scraping of websites and sending out takedowns

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

its funny actually

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

its funny actually

something can be both funny and a dick move

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i dont care if tlou2 gets spoiled but i will get angry if cyberpunk 2077 gets spoiled.

really makes u think

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

something can be both funny and a dick move

Goons should be quite acquainted with dicks that get laughed at.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Leal posted:

Goons should be quite acquainted with dicks that get laughed at.

not the best burn but good effort, I like where your head's at

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sometimes the act of getting wrapped up in a really involving story is itself enjoyable and that's somewhat ruined when you unwittingly find out the ending in advance. This isn't a particularly recent or unrelatable phenomenon.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

exquisite tea posted:

Sometimes the act of getting wrapped up in a really involving story is itself enjoyable and that's somewhat ruined when you unwittingly find out the ending in advance. This isn't a particularly recent or unrelatable phenomenon.

yeah but you're not gonna get that from tlou2

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

yeah but you're not gonna get that from tlou2

not at all true, you'll probably get choked up at points going through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Gonna find out half of the forums userbase is actually paralegals getting paid to mine posts to send Lowtax constant cease and desist emails