Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Professorjuggalo posted:

Overhaul vs deku but actually good
Including going super saiyan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Well, Shigaraki was only at 75% when he came out of the tube right?

If it wasn't for the float quirk just being introduced, I'd've guessed that maybe after this big effort, he ends up burning out his original quirk?

I'm interested in what kind of effect the incomplete process is gonna have.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm guessing the incomplete process means his powers will have some sort of limit on its usage, which will explain why he doesnt just immediately disintegrate everyone right away

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Uraraka's going to be working overtime.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
If she learned how to chain her quirk the way Shigaraki does she'd be a hard counter to decay.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I want Kirishima to learn how to harden himself so much that even Shigaraki can't disintegrate him.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Go full one piece and have mudman soften the concept of decay to where it just makes you really itchy

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think Overhaul's quirk could have undone the decay?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if Midoriya will learn Nana's float to save his own rear end here.

Y'know, this is a really good call. I was wondering how a relatively simple quirk like "hover in midair" would come into play, and a "ground is literal death" situation is the perfect time for it. And there's an emotional connection in play considering Shiggy is Nana's grandson.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Either Deku desperately pulls out Float to counter another AOE Decay or Shigaraki still has to recover. Last time Shigaraki used Decay like this his arm got hit with a backlash, but then again last time he didn't have AFO.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I bet Shigaraki’s limits are kind of like Nine’s. Cell degeneration from overuse of his quirks, so maybe he can only get off one big Decay AoE before he gets hosed up internally

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

DizzyBum posted:

Y'know, this is a really good call. I was wondering how a relatively simple quirk like "hover in midair" would come into play, and a "ground is literal death" situation is the perfect time for it. And there's an emotional connection in play considering Shiggy is Nana's grandson.
It seems primed for a big stinger page where a ton of people die and it looks like decay got the kids and you cut to a spread of Midoriya just floating in the air.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Fabricated posted:

It seems primed for a big stinger page where a ton of people die and it looks like decay got the kids and you cut to a spread of Midoriya just floating in the air with all of 1A on his back.

Fixed it for accuracy because no one in the best class is dying on my watch.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rhonne posted:

You think Overhaul's quirk could have undone the decay?

He didn't bother to reassemble his mook after Shiggy dusted him so either no or would have been too much bother. I guess he could have but didn't have time to do it without extending the clash with the league?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Fixed it for accuracy because no one in the best class is dying on my watch.

if Ochako isn't floating the entire class on a slab of rock or Todoroki brand icicle pops I'm going to riot and or draft a tersely written letter to Horikoshi

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, that's a really good "Everything is hosed now" chapter.

They'd better spend so much time on this when they animate it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

Speaking of which, has there been any news on Season 5 yet?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The Lord of Hats posted:

The proper way to do it is to respect the actual speed of the cataclysm. Whole thing 30-60 seconds of high speed expanding decay wave as the camera zooms out. This whole chapter could fit in that if you add in A few minutes of lead up of the kids Evacing the city. Then you slow down and focus on everybody's reaction once it’s over, and run credits over silent montages of everybody weeping and overcome with horror.

If you spend time on it it ruins the gut punch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, has there been any news on Season 5 yet?

Nah, but it has not been that long since since Season 4 finished.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's been tweets saying it's started recording VO, with pictures of the setup they have with actors separated by plexiglass.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The next season is almost certainly in preproduction but who knows where due to covid.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

if Ochako isn't floating the entire class on a slab of rock or Todoroki brand icicle pops I'm going to riot and or draft a tersely written letter to Horikoshi
Yeah I figure Uraraka is gonna save a ton of people here and get mvp.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She's going to use her quirk on Bakugou so he can use his explosions to rocket past the decay field in order to save Deku.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Uraraka's gonna misjudge the strength of Bakugo's explosions and he finally achieves escape velocity so he can punch the sun and moon like he's always dreamed of

He comes back in twenty chapters to save Deku from Shiggy

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Do we know if Decay travels along the ground/anything decay has infected or if could travel in the air?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So is everyone ready for the time skip in the next chapter where the manga turns into Akira? It just starts off with us following a random character and them talking ominously about past events and a huge crater in the ground.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

You think this ends with Deku fleeing the country to train(complete with timeskip) like All Might had to do after Nana died back in the day?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

You think this ends with Deku fleeing the country to train(complete with timeskip) like All Might had to do after Nana died back in the day?

How else are we gonna see Deku's dad that works abroad?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We need to see Cow Lady from Two Heroes again.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Vinylshadow posted:

Uraraka's gonna misjudge the strength of Bakugo's explosions and he finally achieves escape velocity so he can punch the sun and moon like he's always dreamed of

He comes back in twenty chapters to save Deku from Shiggy

Somebody post the comic. It is law

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Katsuki and Uraraka should quit the hero business and start up a two-person space program.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Dangerous Person posted:

Somebody post the comic. It is law

Here ya go.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

JackDarko posted:

So is everyone ready for the time skip in the next chapter where the manga turns into Akira? It just starts off with us following a random character and them talking ominously about past events and a huge crater in the ground.

You know, Tetsuo's theme works with Shigaraki's awakening and the subsequent decay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3cWcjZ0Q0

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mraagvpeine posted:

You know, Tetsuo's theme works with Shigaraki's awakening and the subsequent decay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3cWcjZ0Q0
That is a drat good fit.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So I just caught up and uhhh this is basically the end of it all right because you can't wake up that dude who just wants to kill everyone and give him every power and not have it be the big finale right?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ramadu posted:

So I just caught up and uhhh this is basically the end of it all right because you can't wake up that dude who just wants to kill everyone and give him every power and not have it be the big finale right?

Well, there's still multiple plot threads to resolve first: Mic/Aizawa/Shirakumo, Tartarus in general really, the Todoroki family, All Might's death, the two unidentified inheritors of OFA...

Don't forget that Shiggy got out of the tube at 75%, whatever that means, but it'll likely come into play soon. Dr. Garaki was able to grab only two quirk capsules (which were then destroyed, I think -- I'd have to go back and look at what happened when Mirko kicked him), so that suggests that Shigaraki doesn't have all the quirks that were planned for him.

On top of that, between 75% Shigaraki and 45% Deku, I don't think there's any way this manga ends without 100% vs 100%.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He doesn't have all of them yet, and I'm guessing being let out early is going to put a limit on how active he can be. For now, at least.

e:f;b

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr Subterfuge posted:

He doesn't have all of them yet, and I'm guessing being let out early is going to put a limit on how active he can be. For now, at least.

He got the original All For One, but given that he was being loaded up with other quirks, I don't think he got AFO's full library of quirks and will be starting from scratch with AfO2. The upcoming conflict with Deku -- and here I'm speculating from this point on -- being stopped by Deku from destroying the city is going to lead Shigaraki to realize he needs to gather more quirks to defeat this kid who somehow has 3+ quirks.

Between Shigaraki's All For One and the Eri bullets, we're going to see a bunch of people losing their quirks before we get to the finale.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Shiggy will go ham for a while while the Liberation Front begins their second wind, but he'll probably pass out after a while and need to go back into recuperation since he doesn't know he woke up early. The only question is, where can you go from there? If he gets away, then it's almost a certainty that he'll get to 100% and probably not show up again before then. Maybe something else will happen.

At the very least, I feel like an Aizawa vs. Shiggy rematch is inevitable in the near future given what's happening. They need to stop that Decay Quirk.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If My Hero Academia was ending anytime soon, we would already know by now. Big series don't tend to end without a bit of pomp and circumstance around the final arcs.