Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

If I’m reading it correctly the reporter is describing the guy’s own description of events in the original Facebook post. The reporter got the story directly from the dude’s sister (they dm’d on Twitter) and I doubt he would’ve included that detail if it didn’t come from them. Since we don’t have that post I dunno if that’s the case, and if that’s inaccurate then I take back what I said and apologize.

the part you're missing is that even if he did exact what they are saying she still deserves to have her life ruined and imprisoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 25th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

i dunno i figure the person more guilty of escalation here is the one going from "don't lure my unlawfully unleashed dog away from me" to "I can have you killed with a phone call and we both know it" instantaneously

cash crab posted:

just to be clear, threatening to enact state-sanctioned racial violence against someone is usually considered pretty uncool and dissecting the background details doesn't erase that

Google Butt posted:

the part you're missing is that even if he did exact what they are saying she still deserves to have her life ruined and imprisoned

Fair enough

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I'd have thrown the treats in oncoming traffic and watch that woman dive in front of an uber if it weren't for logistics of where they were because I hate off leash dogs so much but that woman was using the police as a weapon so gently caress her

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

when's the cut-off for this, june 1st?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
if u dont wanna be recorded dont be in a public park

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

cash crab posted:

when's the cut-off for this, june 1st?

The final recorded death tally at the close of May 31st according to worldometer

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

Travis County (Austin, TX) recorded our highest day of new infections ever today. Oops!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Yeah that's right I agree, y'all changed my mind.

My first thought was if I was in that situation and told a lady she should have her dog on a leash and she tells me no, I'd just gently caress off and watch birds elsewhere. That type of confrontation with strangers doesn't accomplish anything regardless

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 25th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Christ, those books are so cooked the DEA is gonna be on em soon

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I'm a white girl and gently caress if this is what's going on in the world then for sure every black guy/gal needs to be filming their interactions in public spaces. The worst is that if this guy got killed, despite evidence she'd probably still get away scott free. Also lol @ the people defending the lady because the dude maybe had a dog treat on him, which would not be a problem if the dog was leashed in the "no unleashed dogs" area.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

So is escalating a situation by luring some rear end in a top hat’s dog away from them and then recording them while they plead for you to stop until they break down in hysterics and call the cops

if the dog's off a leash then let it wander wherever it wants, potentially to better treats and an owner who wont choke it

gently caress off

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Coronavirus ain't going away!

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Don't mind me, I'm just walking in a park, looking at birds. Oh and my pockets are full of dog treats. No, I don't have a dog with me, I carry these treats in my bird-watching pants just in case I encounter an off-leash dog. Yes, this is totally a thing that is normal and definitely happened, not that a psycho lady got scared and made something up.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i wish there was a button next to Report that would send people back to gbs..

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

got any sevens posted:

if the dog's off a leash then let it wander wherever it wants, potentially to better treats and an owner who wont choke it

gently caress off

The last dog I rescued from an owner that let it off leash ended up shivering under a dock in a river. You should go gently caress yourself tbh

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

nikosoft posted:

Don't mind me, I'm just walking in a park, looking at birds. Oh and my pockets are full of dog treats. No, I don't have a dog with me, I carry these treats in my bird-watching pants just in case I encounter an off-leash dog. Yes, this is totally a thing that is normal and definitely happened, not that a psycho lady got scared and made something up.

look, in absolute fairness, my dad used to carry dog treats in his pockets because he worked as a school bus driver and one time, he got attacked by one of the dogs in the bus yard so he made it a habit to stuff his pockets with treats in case he needed to distract a dog

which is not normal but is very, very funny in retrospect

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I keep fish heads in my backpack in case a shark sneaks up on me.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at apartment we had multiple people whining about the pool / amenity restrictions tyranny and then they posted how they work in the medical fields so they need extra stress relief outlets.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

look, in absolute fairness, my dad used to carry dog treats in his pockets because he worked as a school bus driver and one time, he got attacked by one of the dogs in the bus yard so he made it a habit to stuff his pockets with treats in case he needed to distract a dog

that's actually pretty smart.

now if only there was a treat that protected against murderous karens

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
That lady's life is ruined too. She's gonna get fired lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TomSchuba/status/1264989262409277440?s=20
https://twitter.com/TomSchuba/status/1265001341094682625?s=20

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

So is escalating a situation by luring some rear end in a top hat’s dog away from them and then recording them while they plead for you to stop until they break down in hysterics and call the cops

And you know this happened because..?

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm painting warhams

Wanna eat that muffin

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Fly Molo posted:

A shirt pin that says manager?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

cash crab posted:

my dad did the same as a postal carrier, worked every time. he had a can of dog spray too but never had to use it

meanwhile cops unnecessarily shoot people's dogs dead like it's a bodily function, wonder why that is

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

oxsnard posted:

Works in finance, good

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fly Molo posted:

yeah i should start carrying wine bottles and xanax with me good idea

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ice cream truck outside my apartment

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Their instinct to lick boots is stronger than their desire to be obstinate pieces of poo poo.

That is actually kind of amazing.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

oxsnard posted:

appreciate the congrats

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

COVID-19 posted:

"Two months ago, Ávila had got involved in a controversy over a video in which she assured that it was not necessary to use masks to protect himself from covid-19 and advised to consume oranges, lemons and other citrus fruits."

tbf to that dead lady around two months ago the CDC or whoeverwas officially still saying taking the "masks aren't necessary!"

Also as far as I can tell, citrus and lemon is widely believed to be a virus cure-all in lots of Latin America. In the early days my co-workers kept sending me bullshit WhatsApp messages and videos about hot lemon tea.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The last dog I rescued from an owner that let it off leash ended up shivering under a dock in a river. You should go gently caress yourself tbh

i can think of a 5-letter word that would have prevented that

i love dogs, chill the f out. i have a tattoo of my dog's paw print so f u

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Rhesus Pieces posted:

my dad did the same as a postal carrier, worked every time. he had a can of dog spray too but never had to use it

meanwhile cops unnecessarily shoot people's dogs dead like it's a bodily function, wonder why that is

part of not being a huge pussy is actually knowing how to keep yourself safe without hurting anyone

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Sounds like in about a week, America's going to have a huge upswing in cases.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my grandfather was a postal worker and carried dog treats everywhere and tried to tell my dad to do the same cause 'these assholes don't train their dogs and you'll get bit one day'

then one day my dad got bit by a dog while delivering newspapers at college

im awaiting the family curse to befall me

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Can anyone link to studies about the efficacy of homemade masks against sars/covid? Obviously there's so many variations that you can't truly know but any link at all would help

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/19/coronavirus-wearing-a-mask-can-reduce-transmission-by-75percent-new-study-claims.html

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

2DCAT posted:

I keep fish heads in my backpack in case a shark sneaks up on me.

You fool, you absolute buffoon.

The average sharks diet consists of very little fish, and moreso seals and other pinnipeds. If you want to prevent shark attacks, you should keep several seal heads in your backpack, you moran. Also, in case the shark gets in close and you have to wrestle it, you'll want to have on hand a pair of gloves with a grip rating of 7B or higher, to counteract the natural smoothness of sharks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

oxsnard posted:

Yeah that's right I agree, y'all changed my mind.

My first thought was if I was in that situation and told a lady she should have her dog on a leash and she tells me no, I'd just gently caress off and watch birds elsewhere. That type of confrontation with strangers doesn't accomplish anything regardless

As someone whose kid got mauled by a dog that was leashed but whose owner was inattentive - gently caress that, confront every unleashed dog owner before the dog kills a toddler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sounds like in about a week, America's going to have a huge upswing in cases.

you are fake news