Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KozmoNaut posted:

My mom is a decent cook, but she was very busy for a while, so dinner would sometimes be "ruskomsnusk", which was chopped onions, bacon and sliced hotdogs, fried in a pan, served over white rice. It's trashy as hell, but absolutely a comfort food.

Also amazing on mashed potatoes.

I've never seen my mom chop an onion in my life. She chops fruit and stuff but, if the recipe requires heat applied and it's not from a can or microwavable, she doesn't do it. Luckily we went to sit down restaurants often, and I myself learned to cook pretty early because it was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dienes posted:

In undergrad, a friend would make this casserole called "Joe's Junk." Cooked brown rice, browned crumbled sausage, corn, and cream of mushroom soup. Its heavy, its salty, it looks like cat puke, but drat if it still isn't a comfort food.

Sounds like wild rice casserole that my mom used to make in the 70's and 80's.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pickers Picklers Snickles? yeah sure why not

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I want to see those snickers commercials where it makes some angry person satisfied, but the pickle version just enrages them more.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pickle Snickers
Snickle Pickers

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Dabir posted:

Pickle Snickers
Snickle Pickers

Pickle Snick

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/InvincibleSugar/status/1263364323713232897?s=20

She paid to promote this, 100% of the replies are baristas telling her to die screaming, and as of this morning she still hasn't quite grasped that she's the problem here.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Why would you ever pay to promote a post like that

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I don't drink coffee and I've never been to a Starbucks and I have absolutely no idea what this is other than obviously a monstrosity.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gschmidl posted:

I don't drink coffee and I've never been to a Starbucks and I have absolutely no idea what this is other than obviously a monstrosity.

My friend who's a longtime Starbucks barista says $9 worth of runny sugar in a cup

Probably about 3000 calories too lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's an overcomplicated milkshake.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sex Hobbit posted:

She paid to promote this, 100% of the replies are baristas telling her to die screaming, and as of this morning she still hasn't quite grasped that she's the problem here.

Didn't even know they had strawberry at starbux now. It's really not that complicated than a few nagging details. It's like, just make a frap with strawberries and cookie bits and a few pumps of flavor, put whip, cookies and strawberris on top. I put a scone in a frap once and it ended up pretty bad.

The worst thing I ever had someone order, and he would order it weekly, was a Breve Latte....a quad shot venti. So this is like 20 ounces of steamed half n half...and this man drinks this weekly.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Internet Wizard posted:

Why would you ever pay to promote a post like that

In the replies they keep saying "you wouldn't have seen it if I didn't right?" but like..she's not selling anything or even shilling her blog or anything, so why does it matter if people see it? the only explanation I can come up with is maybe a brain parasite that spreads via annoying other people got access to the internet.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Colin Robinson?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Didn't even know they had strawberry at starbux now. It's really not that complicated than a few nagging details. It's like, just make a frap with strawberries and cookie bits and a few pumps of flavor, put whip, cookies and strawberris on top. I put a scone in a frap once and it ended up pretty bad.

The worst thing I ever had someone order, and he would order it weekly, was a Breve Latte....a quad shot venti. So this is like 20 ounces of steamed half n half...and this man drinks this weekly.

I had a guy that would order a 6 shot venti latte, with an empty short cup for extra half and half to add to it when he'd drunk half the latte. He ordered this at least three times a week. He was the size of a small car.

If someone had ordered that sugar frappe on my shift that sticker would have been passed around like a hot potato. gently caress frappes in general.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
What kind of person goes into a Starbucks, scans the extensive menu of toothachingly sweet concoctions, and thinks, “None of these are quite what I need, going to make something up that will REALLY show my pancreas who’s boss”?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Colin Robinson?

He would also be the one to stand at the register and try to order that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

What kind of person goes into a Starbucks, scans the extensive menu of toothachingly sweet concoctions, and thinks, “None of these are quite what I need, going to make something up that will REALLY show my pancreas who’s boss”?

Roughly half the people that regularly go to Starbucks

If not more

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
On the maybe twice a year trip to Starbucks, it's a Carmel latte or frappiccho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sex Hobbit posted:

my barista wife says an extra scoop of strawberries is like over a dollar

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm not a fan of coffee so if I wander into a starbucks it's to get a caramel macchiato.

Which if we're going by the construction of the name is just a bunch of caramel marked by a bit of espresso for taste. And as far as made up names go that's pretty on the nose.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

fizzymercy posted:

I had a guy that would order a 6 shot venti latte, with an empty short cup for extra half and half to add to it when he'd drunk half the latte. He ordered this at least three times a week. He was the size of a small car.

If someone had ordered that sugar frappe on my shift that sticker would have been passed around like a hot potato. gently caress frappes in general.

Worked at starbux when fraps were first introduced, and we were very resistant to them, used to talk poo poo about customers ordering them constantly. In my later life I really loving love that smoores frap.

got that marshmallow at the bottom, mmm.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrrJw5cZtcY

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

loving :lmao:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fartington Butts posted:

He would also be the one to stand at the register and try to order that.

*sniff-laugh* Baristas um... Baristas just hate it when I order this. But that's just the whipped topping on my treat; the real fun comes when- ah, they're making it now.

Hey Mike? Mike? From your name tag, it says Mike... You put the milk in the wrong order. According to um, according to the Starbucks drink specifications as outlined *shows phone screen* here--and I'm not trying to be a a a pain or anything, really, I used to work in the service industry myself...

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

I feel like I just saw a crime being committed. And not a normal one. One of those weird ones from the 1800's that are still on the books but was only broken once right before it was written. It is henceforth illegal in the state of Massachusetts to paint your cattle pink.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

11 months out of the year I don't darken Starbucks' door.

But when that loving peppermint mocha shows up...

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Grand Fromage posted:

11 months out of the year I don't darken Starbucks' door.

But when that loving peppermint mocha shows up...

It’s available year round.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sex Hobbit posted:

It’s available year round.

Why would you do this to him?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would you do this to him?

Iced ones in summer are very underappreciated!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sex Hobbit posted:

this drink sounds like an ironic torture in hell for people who overpriced insulin on earth

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

cash crab posted:

this drink sounds like an ironic torture in hell for people who overpriced insulin on earth

With how much all those extras cost I feel like a barista would be all about that. Sure honey, here's your 30$ 'coffee'.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maybe if baristas got paid more for selling higher priced drinks.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

And also didn't just get a fraction of the communal tip jar

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We literally invented menus to get people to stop doing this.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

cash crab posted:

her only white knights on twitter are furries

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

her only white knights on twitter are furries

Surprising since a lot of furries are failed art majors working at Starbucks.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Individually I am down with everything on that plate..... but together? And arranged like that? Jesus.