Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

Jon Irenicus posted:

my grandfather was a postal worker and carried dog treats everywhere and tried to tell my dad to do the same cause 'these assholes don't train their dogs and you'll get bit one day'

then one day my dad got bit by a dog while delivering newspapers at college

im awaiting the family curse to befall me

forrest gump lieutenant dan montage of patriarch after patriarch catching a lil' pittie nibble :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

2DCAT posted:

A shirt pin that says manager?

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
There's an anti-quarantine protest happening on Buenos Aires and well...

Bonus round, an antivaxxer telling a libertarian kid that he's financed by the CIA:

https://twitter.com/nocontextpolarg/status/1265047410788765699?s=09

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid is over. Memorial day for virus friends.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm not a dog person, but I'd rather deal with a well behaved dog off a leash than a poorly behaved dog on a leash.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

So is escalating a situation by luring some rear end in a top hat’s dog away from them and then recording them while they plead for you to stop until they break down in hysterics and call the cops

Hate to "dogpile" on you here :dadjoke: lol but how could the dog be lured away while leashed

Wait, you're saying it wasn't on a leash? In an area where dogs are required to be leashed? So the woman was completely in the wrong?

Well... now I don't know what to think!

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

etalian posted:

lmao at apartment we had multiple people whining about the pool / amenity restrictions tyranny and then they posted how they work in the medical fields so they need extra stress relief outlets.

Have they tried recreational drugs instead of spreading diseases?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hseroK divaD posted:

There's an anti-quarantine protest happening on Buenos Aires and well...

Bonus round, an antivaxxer telling a libertarian kid that he's financed by the CIA:

https://twitter.com/nocontextpolarg/status/1265047410788765699?s=09

Wow imagine the news having the testicular fortitude to cover these protests and just having "The ones that endanger all your lives" chyron locked in at all times.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

CODChimera posted:

Also snoo's food pics are roughly 10000x better than the usual abominations that get posted in cspam and that's not a compliment, it's just that the other pics are insanely disturbing

i just finished some cookies

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Schlieren posted:

forrest gump lieutenant dan montage of patriarch after patriarch catching a lil' pittie nibble :shobon:

no dog has entered my maai since I came of age

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Mr Hootington posted:

Covid is over. Memorial day for virus friends.

Personally I was glad to see that SARS-CoV-2 respects our troops

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

the unleashed dog was no angel

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

i'm not sure a pocket full of treats is the best way to avoid dog encounters

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sounds like in about a week, America's going to have a huge upswing in cases.

i think it takes like 3 - 6 weeks to see the effect of mass behavior change on infection rates. that's when the curves started bending in Italy, Spain, and even USA (though they didn't bend by much here)

i don't think the upswing will be huge. there are still no schools, stadiums, concerts, etc. i think the upswing will be gradual and slow until it eventually boils over. but that could be july, august.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

nikosoft posted:

Don't mind me, I'm just walking in a park, looking at birds. Oh and my pockets are full of dog treats. No, I don't have a dog with me, I carry these treats in my bird-watching pants just in case I encounter an off-leash dog. Yes, this is totally a thing that is normal and definitely happened, not that a psycho lady got scared and made something up.

Yeah strong "he had a gun" vibes except dog treats

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

COVID-420 posted:

i think it takes like 3 - 6 weeks to see the effect of mass behavior change on infection rates. that's when the curves started bending in Italy, Spain, and even USA (though they didn't bend by much here)

i don't think the upswing will be huge. there are still no schools, stadiums, concerts, etc. i think the upswing will be gradual and slow until it eventually boils over. but that could be july, august.

- churches
- nightclubs
- gyms

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1265022617666441218?s=21

America is so silly lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

nikosoft posted:

Don't mind me, I'm just walking in a park, looking at birds. Oh and my pockets are full of dog treats. No, I don't have a dog with me, I carry these treats in my bird-watching pants just in case I encounter an off-leash dog. Yes, this is totally a thing that is normal and definitely happened, not that a psycho lady got scared and made something up.

incredibly concerned it took this long for someone to acknowledge this point

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Long haired chicken creeps need not apply (shampoo)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

I think you could possibly make a tortured case about violating the plant worker's ADA rights.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Poes law has won. I have no idea if this is real or satire
https://twitter.com/missiwimberly/status/1264271585495715842?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

America in a tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1264978727416578048

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

WELL poo poo, GUESS YOU SHOULDA PICKED STAYING AT HOME THEN!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

https://twitter.com/missiwimberly/status/1264965517686734850

lol okay lady

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

mystes posted:

I'm not a dog person, but I'd rather deal with a well behaved dog off a leash than a poorly behaved dog on a leash.

yeah, a lot of dogs can't get enough exercise on leash (why most dogs are poo poo), and off leash dog parks are a joke. however, most people are poo poo dog owners, and their dogs should not be off leash because they are not under voice control. i'm used to living in a small mountain town in the west where trailheads said leash or voice control, so trying to give a dog a good life in a city seems like a lost cause. doing a postdoc in the east is killing me, because there is not good dog trail infrastructure and people don't teach their dogs to heel here. luckily i found a bunch of secret mountain bike trails that have been a haven for my quarantine trailrunning and getting my dog some safe off leash time. however, the three times in the past 6 months i've encountered a lovely georgia dog owner with an off leash dog, my nearly 14 year-old sweet, intelligent old dog was attacked every time while he was heeling next to me. i reflexively start looking for a stick to use as a weapon when i see another dog. over it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

What's the point of the quarantine bring over if you don't even get to infect service workers?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

I don’t give a poo poo anymore. If these people want to put themselves in danger let them do it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the whole world is being run by social media hot takes lol

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ThatMax3/status/1264965879315304453

Quarantine games

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

eric ciaramella posted:

Mostly they're used for weapons but hopefully the power of hot takes can be used for peaceful purposes.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Internet reviews for doctors are notoriously unreliable but also lol

quote:

This doctor must have gotten his.degree from a cracker Jack box he looks at a a iPad for guidance with patients he is super rude he decided to discharge me early because he has liar nurse practitioner by the name of Amy who speaks with everyone except you the patient to diagnose the problem and prescribe medication that u did not ask forrhorrible experience with st vincent's east I will not ever come back for care

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

went to the corner store just 10 minutes ago. at least 8 people in the store, around the store, at the entrance looking at flowers. not gonna lie I'm part of the problem too.

the 7 o clock pots banging came around and it was 1 person, and they were late. now some guy is cutting lumber.

we've given up. coronavirus is here to stay.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

- churches
- nightclubs
- gyms

many states still have all of these closed and many independent operators (especially nightclubs in places like chicago, new york, LA) are not opening. they WILL gradually be reopening and the death toll will increase. i just think its gonna be slower than one or two weeks.

on the other hand, maybe it will be faster in some places...Daytona Beach was so packed they had to rescue 300 people from the surf :stonk:

quote:

Authorities ‘slammed’ in Daytona Beach during Memorial Day weekend with shooting, massive crowds
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Six people were wounded Saturday in a Daytona Beach shooting as massive crowds gathered during Memorial Day weekend.

Daytona Police Chief Craig Capri said Sunday at a news conference that two people were shot around 7:30 p.m. on South Ocean Avenue near Breakers Oceanfront Park. Police later discovered four people were hit by shrapnel during the shooting. None of the injuries are life-threatening, he said. Capri said the victims are not cooperating with the investigation and police have not arrested any suspects.

“We got slammed,” said Volusia Sheriff Mike Chitwood. “Disney’s closed. Universal’s closed. Everything’s closed. So where did everybody come on the first warm day with 50% opening? Everybody came to the beach.”

Volusia County Beach Safety director Ray Manchester said lifeguards rescued 300 people Saturday along the 47 miles of beaches and “every part of it was full.” Chitwood said “the linchpin” of the disturbances that happened Saturday in Daytona Beach was an incident that drew a large crowd around a man tossing cash from a vehicle.

Helicopter footage released by the Sheriff’s Office shows “a couple hundred people” surrounding the car parked on State Road A1A in front of a Burger King and dozens more gathered on the sidewalk. “We’re going to identify him, and we’re going to charge him,” Chitwood said, without elaborating on possible charges.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

eric ciaramella posted:

I'm not speaking to my parents right now because they're doing chud things, and my mother spent all day posting stuff about death on Facebook

They literally want to die to own the libs

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

COVID-420 posted:

many states still have all of these closed and many independent operators (especially nightclubs in places like chicago, new york, LA) are not opening. they WILL gradually be reopening and the death toll will increase. i just think its gonna be slower than one or two weeks.

on the other hand, maybe it will be faster in some places...Daytona Beach was so packed they had to rescue 300 people from the surf :stonk:

I can assure you that Austin's bar district is loving packed

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1265091342570532865?s=20

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lmao

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Just once I would like this dumbass president to be right and for it to be that this whole thing will disappear soon and without a whimper. However, we get the interesting version instead

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

triple sulk posted:

this is why the economy won't truly crash in one image

LOL, no. This is just cabin fever combined with pent up demand from not being able to shop for a little while. It'll pass. Even without 'lockdowns' Sweden is having a crash. Everybody gets a crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

This is all so enraging, America is terminally stupid. Seeing my dads side of the family go out as soon as restaurants open, go to the gym, etc. 100 thousand dead and it doesn't matter.