Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
New skill to add to resumes: "able to shut the gently caress up."

(Note: that won't be going on mine.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

snoo posted:

for real tho it's "bon appétit jammy eggs" but I did mine a minute longer, thank u

Your food pics look so good I thought you were just showing pics from the recipe sites, nice. Please fax me your awesome pretty foods.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BMX Ninja posted:

I don't know how racism works in America, but to an outsider the term African-American comes across as incredibly racist. Like why would you need to mention, in a roundabout way, the skin colour of the person supposedly threatening you are freedoms?

Like I'm here in Ireland and going about my business. If an Asian person called me out for not sticking to the rules should I report them to the pigs as an offender of Asian-Irish descent?

It's a way for a pissed off white lady to threaten a black man with death.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

He didn’t just politely ask her to put the dog on the leash

From one of the news reports:

The woman’s phone call is racially charged and breaking leash laws is a dick move, but that doesn’t give a random vigilante the right to lure your dog away from you until you put it in a leash.

gently caress you.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

So is escalating a situation by luring some rear end in a top hat’s dog away from them and then recording them while they plead for you to stop until they break down in hysterics and call the cops

Wow, you really are a racist sack of poo poo.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I am officially going back into the classroom in June. 1 student a day for 2 hours. The others will have to do distance learning if if isn't their day. My parents were so happy one of them cried on the phone when I told her.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Greg Legg posted:

I am officially going back into the classroom in June. 1 student a day for 2 hours. The others will have to do distance learning if if isn't their day. My parents were so happy one of them cried on the phone when I told her.

1 student a day for 2 hours so how many kids a day? Can you even see a full class more than once a week?

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Just splashed my face with rose water after a socially distant afternoon on the lawn with the old folks following 3 months of mutual quarantine. Stay safe out there, gentle goons.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
So when is the infection bump going to hit?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

1 student a day for 2 hours so how many kids a day? Can you even see a full class more than once a week?

I only have 8 but the department set a limit of 3 bodies in a room at a time for the population I serve so at this point I won't even see half of my class over the entire summer because of nurses and aides assigned to the kids. I will try to work with my principal and parents to try and get to as many of them as possible though

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Dean of Swing posted:

So when is the infection bump going to hit?

probably never because we are going to all pretend this isnt happening lalalala

alternatively the picture becomes so horrific in developing countries that the public can be distracted from their own misery

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

Wow, you really are a racist sack of poo poo.

he’s desperately looking for the construction site this guy was walking around in, cause, you know, those people...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Maybe instead of a poll on the official number of deaths we should all try and guess the most outrageous way states attempt to mask the true number of deaths.

I'm gonna go with some governor (looking at you Florida) refusing to treat covid deaths as an official death of any cause in their records and in the information they file with the CDC. Immortality baby!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I like soldiers who don't die.

lol trump is funny

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Greg Legg posted:

I only have 8 but the department set a limit of 3 bodies in a room at a time for the population I serve so at this point I won't even see half of my class over the entire summer because of nurses and aides assigned to the kids. I will try to work with my principal and parents to try and get to as many of them as possible though

How do you feel about this? Is it worth it to everyone involved? Not working sucks but dying sucks worse

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Honestly I'm in Hawaii and not too worried right now.

I appreciate your concern though!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

slave to my cravings posted:

I don’t give a poo poo anymore. If these people want to put themselves in danger let them do it.

the poor medical staff working on their dying bodies

e: also them infecting people (primarily minorities) that work essential jobs

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

squirrelzipper posted:

he’s desperately looking for the construction site this guy was walking around in, cause, you know, those people...

Was wondering where I'd seen that type of argument most recently.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

slave to my cravings posted:

I don’t give a poo poo anymore. If these people want to put themselves in danger let them do it.

That'd be great if they were only putting themselves in danger, but they aren't.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

These people got an absolutely worshipful feature in the local paper of record, the Raleigh News and Observer. Bowing down and kissing these brave warriors feet for advancing the cause of freedom. Throwing them into the meat grinder to die.

I know this crew from growing up in NC. These aren't your Buck Strickland or Karen types. They don't own the local pool supply store. They are poor, sick, fat, old, and on medicaid. They're almost all white and they almost all vote Trump.

Trump and the GOP absolutely don't give a poo poo if these people die as long as they pull the lever in November. They will, minus a few hundred thousand.

drat that’s a conga line of likely comorbidities and only one mask among them

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

Maybe instead of a poll on the official number of deaths we should all try and guess the most outrageous way states attempt to mask the true number of deaths.

I'm gonna go with some governor (looking at you Florida) refusing to treat covid deaths as an official death of any cause in their records and in the information they file with the CDC. Immortality baby!

They're just not gonna test anybody who doesn't seem that sick or seems like they're going to die. If they die, the cause of death will be listed as cardiac arrest, pneumonia, influenza or stroke. This will work for a while until health systems in larger cities start failing (like in Montgomery), then you'll have mayors making a stink, but that won't change anything.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

While this is good, the Chief Medical Officer was very adamant that the only reason we had no recorded deaths today was because of the weekend effect. We are still above 50 cases a day and will probably be in double digits for another week or so.

That's also ignoring the deaths and cases in Northern Ireland. The border is completely open and areas around the border are the hardest hit because of this/the absolutely awful British response.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

He didn’t just politely ask her to put the dog on the leash

From one of the news reports:

The woman’s phone call is racially charged and breaking leash laws is a dick move, but that doesn’t give a random vigilante the right to lure your dog away from you until you put it in a leash.

Hope this is satire, here’s some Sartre:

Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Skull Servant posted:

While this is good, the Chief Medical Officer was very adamant that the only reason we had no recorded deaths today was because of the weekend effect. We are still above 50 cases a day and will probably be in double digits for another week or so.

That's also ignoring the deaths and cases in Northern Ireland. The border is completely open and areas around the border are the hardest hit because of this/the absolutely awful British response.

Meh, small victories? :)

Gotta love that weekend

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Skull Servant posted:

Maybe the RoI should annex Northern Ireland as some kind of humanitarian response.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress you.

lol the guy actually says "racially charged" like he's describing an impolite battery

e: omg he's doubling down on the /r/ well the black man should have avoided the bullets rationale

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

bro one time i got 3 months for unsolicited beckoning of an animal running at large

dude was lucky he got away before the heat rolled up

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

this one time i fed a bird and faced the death penalty

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So is escalating a situation by luring some rear end in a top hat’s dog away from them and then recording them while they plead for you to stop until they break down in hysterics and call the cops

again, for a woman who tried to get a black man killed for telling her to leash her dog

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

drat that’s a conga line of likely comorbidities and only one mask among them

come on take your mask off baby do that conga
no you can't hide from the roni any longer
all your comorbidities make it stronger
gonna get a ventilator ready for ya

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

what a babby, here is a lil' trip around the globe

Brooklyn

Colombo

Sydney

Bangkok

Albania

Houston

Brussels

San Francisco

Milan

1024x768
Oct 25, 2004

oh god

they forgot the word "paid" in the tweet

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

oh hey whattup plague thread don't really check you much anymore since nothing matters, lets see what you're talking about

racism and dogs, got it, thanks for the update y'all see you when we hit the next wave of turbospread

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

oh hey whattup plague thread don't really check you much anymore since nothing matters, lets see what you're talking about

racism and dogs, got it, thanks for the update y'all see you when we hit the next wave of turbospread

looks like we just got dunked on, like a dog

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
just the flu!

https://twitter.com/browofjustice/status/1264664805589180416

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Oh dear lord I just realized that germophobe restaurant in This is Jinsy now has potential as a legitimate business.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

"80% will have mild cases"
Edit: this person had no confirmed test and their symptoms read like psychiatric disorder, not illness.

The Oldest Man has issued a correction as of 05:23 on May 26, 2020

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Man Musk posted:

San Francisco

I think this one broke my brain, what a depressing image

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Man Musk posted: