Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

slave to my cravings posted:

I don’t give a poo poo anymore. If these people want to put themselves in danger let them do it.

but then they come to the hospital and we are forced to care for them motherfukin assholes :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Der Meister posted:

but then they come to the hospital and we are forced to care for them motherfukin assholes :cry:

You gotta take vacation time for the next wave.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

christ. corona is never going to end

expensive AND free?
:thunkher:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

this is a temporary homeless shelter in portland

Gotta have that sweet *crack* *ping*

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I got this KN95, but it’s not on any list of good or bad KN95s, anyone able to find info on Zhongshan Guangyuan Medical Instruments Technology CO?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Steve Yun posted:

I got this KN95, but it’s not on any list of good or bad KN95s, anyone able to find info on Zhongshan Guangyuan Medical Instruments Technology CO?

Lol corner store kn95? It says FDA approved right there!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Steve Yun posted:

You mean Dr. Heal?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ONhJ_HBT4

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Trixie Hardcore posted:

REGULATION UPDATE: All goons MUST submit a picture of every meal so that we can explain how we are all professional chefs and your meal is poo poo. Then you must eat the meal while playing a laugh track because nothing you do will ever be good enough.

I’m going to submit photos of my meals after they come out of my butthole.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Man Musk posted:

what a babby, here is a lil' trip around the globe...

Reminds me of this article on potential airborne transmission 2004 SARs outbreak and this picture:

The full implications of airborne germs on how we should organize living and working spaces are scary to consider. These half-measures underscore how we basically have to ignore them.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Some high quality Alabama death crew on this clip

https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1265081740890116103

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

D R ₊ H E Λ L

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

She's made her tweets private, LOL. What a pissbaby. If anyone still has it in cache a screenshot would be cool.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

Washington coronavirus origin story has a twist

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1265063921880150016

so uhhhh we don't know how it got from Wuhan to Washington at all

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

christ. corona is never going to end

these people are deranged idiots

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

so uhhhh we don't know how it got from Wuhan to Washington at all

It flew, duh! :smugdog:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I mean, my eyes glazed over like a third the way through that, but I think he's saying time travel was involved.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Man Musk posted:

what a babby, here is a lil' trip around the globe
Brussels

Worst game of Civilization ever

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Facebook Aunt posted:

She's made her tweets private, LOL. What a pissbaby. If anyone still has it in cache a screenshot would be cool.

It was an unemployed white woman complaining about the staff at her mani-pedi place wearing masks and flipping out because her husband - who is a big important doctor - hasn't seen a single covid patient. She then posted a pic of herself in a bikini claiming people would thirst over her when in reality she's just a somewhat skinny old white woman.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I mean, my eyes glazed over like a third the way through that, but I think he's saying time travel was involved.

Wow, that's a very fast plane!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ChrisEgginton/status/1265152722363314182

lmao

2.5 months till the roni bomb goes off. Everyone is a potential suicide bomber and they don't even know it.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

oh hey whattup plague thread don't really check you much anymore since nothing matters, lets see what you're talking about

racism and dogs, got it, thanks for the update y'all see you when we hit the next wave of turbospread

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

CBS movie night last night was Titanic they ought to show Poseidon Adventure next lol

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Man Musk posted:

CBS movie night last night was Titanic they ought to show Poseidon Adventure next lol

One channel here had Fifth Element playing on repeat from midday till 2am. Flipped it on in the afternoon because it's been a while since I'd seen it and my partner couldn't understand why it was being played repeatedly. It should be noted that she hadn't seen it before.

Four viewings of it later and she's filling me in on all this little subtle things that she didn't pick up on previous watches.

That's been movies in my life with Inceltown. Thanks for tuning in.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

if it can cross the Pacific then idk how 6 feet of social distancing is supposed to help us

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Inceltown posted:

One channel here had Fifth Element playing on repeat from midday till 2am. Flipped it on in the afternoon because it's been a while since I'd seen it and my partner couldn't understand why it was being played repeatedly. It should be noted that she hadn't seen it before.

Four viewings of it later and she's filling me in on all this little subtle things that she didn't pick up on previous watches.

Fifth Element owns probably one of those films you must put everything down to watch if on

Coincidentally not! another truly great cruise ship film

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inceltown posted:

It was an unemployed white woman complaining about the staff at her mani-pedi place wearing masks and flipping out because her husband - who is a big important doctor - hasn't seen a single covid patient. She then posted a pic of herself in a bikini claiming people would thirst over her when in reality she's just a somewhat skinny old white woman.

Yeah I saw it, it was cool. So I sent the link to someone else and closed the window. They didn't get to see it. :(

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

This right?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Inceltown posted:

lmao

2.5 months till the roni bomb goes off. Everyone is a potential suicide bomber and they don't even know it.

lol :rip: the world

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah I saw it, it was cool. So I sent the link to someone else and closed the window. They didn't get to see it. :(

I have it in iMessage form

efb

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wrong thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove has issued a correction as of 07:12 on May 26, 2020

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

fosborb posted:

here's a pretty succinct summery of the current knowns/unknowns. I happen to know a colleague of hers at the CDC (a fellow MPH working in infectious diseases) who also agrees with this assessment:

https://twitter.com/meganranney/status/1264589288659922945

The replies on his thread are so loving depressing. People ranting about 5G, getting pissed about HCQ being called out, calling it all a hoax. The really sad thing is that there are some people on the thread that really have no clue what’s up and are asking sincere questions but they get drowned out by “plandemic.”

Like there was one post that probably best represents the majority of America. They either don’t have a comprehensive education, or have one and didn’t pay attention to anything about diseases, or have been fed misinformation and trying to just understand what’s up. The guy was asking whether covid-19 had some threshold where he had to get exposed a number of times for it to built up enough to catch it or whether he could get sick from one exposure. He seemed really sincere about the question too. Like maybe he has to be around people and knows he probably got exposed or will get exposed and is hoping he can keep it firm building up to get him sick.

That’s the kind of person that all this misinformation is so dangerous to. it’s not dangerous to the libertarian who gives no shits about anything but his drugs and money. it’s not dangerous to the trumpet who will ignore any bad words about her big strong president’s proven HCQ and Zinc treatment. it’s dangerous to the person that doesn’t know any better but really wants to. That’s the person who is most of America.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There was a ReOpen NJ protest at Point Pleasent today

This is New Jersey rep Joe Pennacchio

He spoke at the event and goddamn

quote:

"Thousands of people are strolling through Home Depot every day buying widgets and gadgets yet we’re denying our small businesses the right to sell those same widgets and gadgets,"

Pennachio said. "Gov. Murphy you took an oath to uphold the constitution under God. Gov. Murphy, let my people go.""It feels good to shake hands without masks again," Pennachio said, sparking cheers and chants of "No more masks." Few if any masks were seen on attendees, and at one point a speaker urged everyone to "reach out and touch someone," prompting hugs among those in attendance.

"There’s very little science involved and very little common sense," Pennachio said of the restrictions. "Don’t depend on government for your freedoms. Those freedoms as we speak are being denied under the guise of public health."

"They are denying life itself," Pennachio said. "The state was warned about the danger.""We have the right to want more and expect more for our children," Pennachio said. "Only God has given us those rights and only God can take them away.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

PyPy posted:

I’m going to submit photos of my meals after they come out of my butthole.

How will we tell the difference?

Inceltown posted:

A friend showed me this movie and, I cannot stress this enough, I really didn’t enjoy it and after the movie he asked what I thought and I said something like it was very fast paced and inventive but not really my cup of tea. Then I sat through a second viewing so he could point out all the great things about the movie, it was not a great time but I pretended my opinion had improved so I wouldn’t be pressured into watching it a third time. I cannot imagine willingly watching that movie four times but it’s great that someone enjoys it. Also, he had a whole room of Phantom Menace toys that he was keeping in the boxes as an investment. Hope that guy’s doing okay.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lawlicaust posted:

That’s the kind of person that all this misinformation is so dangerous to. it’s not dangerous to the libertarian who gives no shits about anything but his drugs and money. it’s not dangerous to the trumpet who will ignore any bad words about her big strong president’s proven HCQ and Zinc treatment. it’s dangerous to the person that doesn’t know any better but really wants to. That’s the person who is most of America.

i mean not to d&d too much, but yeah. america is idiots with fleeting desires to learn more about the world around them and no tools with which to discern what to learn

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

lmao

Im assuming it hid out in her nervous system or lymphatic system until something else knocked her immune system down enough for it to outbreak in her body.

So airborne herpes that scars your lungs. Wonderful.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

You can't convince me America isn't 95% demons in human costumes

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Trixie Hardcore posted:

A friend showed me this movie and, I cannot stress this enough, I really didn’t enjoy it and after the movie he asked what I thought and I said something like it was very fast paced and inventive but not really my cup of tea. Then I sat through a second viewing so he could point out all the great things about the movie, it was not a great time but I pretended my opinion had improved so I wouldn’t be pressured into watching it a third time. I cannot imagine willingly watching that movie four times but it’s great that someone enjoys it. Also, he had a whole room of Phantom Menace toys that he was keeping in the boxes as an investment. Hope that guy’s doing okay.

my 2 favorite parts is the autotune opera singer and Bruce Willis's incredibly awkward daughter greeting Bruce Willis on fhloston paradise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Inceltown posted:

lmao

I don't get it, is it not possible that she became infected via someone else in the 10 week span?