Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

lmao Adam Cole skipping having to stand in the performance center for six hours straight to hang out at Tony Khan's Memorial Day party

edit:

OctoberCountry fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1265075485651976192
every party bus picture ever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

OctoberCountry posted:

lmao Adam Cole skipping having to stand in the performance center for six hours straight to hang out at Tony Khan's Memorial Day party

edit:

If only a bit more of the left of this picture was cropped out he would have looked like he was standing up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OctoberCountry posted:

edit:

https://twitter.com/tonyschiavone24/status/1265046475748368384?s=21
He tried

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I'm glad my uncle-in-law is cool lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
To think that Tony Schiavone's career renaissance began with Cody simply tweeting him and saying "you're not going to WWE".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

To think that Tony Schiavone's career renaissance began with Cody simply tweeting him and saying "you're not going to WWE".

I'm genuinely glad he's happy with being a part of wrestling again

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1265091342570532865

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Just put the belt on him already

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

OctoberCountry posted:

That makes him a hero, despite being dead.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wait is he trying to get me to wear a mask or not?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

karmicknight posted:

That makes him a hero, despite being dead.

I wonder if he's going to get fired for being seen at the competitor's holiday party (with his girlfriend, who works at the competition, which is mainly managed by five guys he used to work with).

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Britt was saying in an interview recently she wished for a time where Adam could be in the same ring with his friends again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I wonder if he's going to get fired for being seen at the competitor's holiday party (with his girlfriend, who works at the competition, which is mainly managed by five guys he used to work with).

Oh, you know they'd love to fire him, but the need to keep him where he is an possibly punish him in other ways instead of letting him going to a competitor is too great

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, that's probably going to be the case if anything happens. The part that's funniest to me is that for almost 20 years Vince has been able to punish anyone he doesn't like by firing them, regardless of their talent, because he's running the only big name there is. Now he has to worry about whether they're someone that AEW would want first.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

flashy_mcflash posted:

Wait is he trying to get me to wear a mask or not?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

22 Eargesplitten posted:

They'd be insane, he's one of the brightest prospects they have, the total package (though they've kept him in developmental long enough he's now 30).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
After all the Marty teases, the guy bringing the Elite back together being the reanimated corpse of Adam Cole would be loving hilarious.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

There are few people I'm less interested in seeing in AEW than Adam Cole

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

I Before E posted:

There are few people I'm less interested in seeing in AEW than Adam Cole

well i disagree so we cancel each other out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ridiculous that Britt doesn't even have her knee taped up, what an escape

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I have literally never seen Adam Cole wrestle.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Adam Cole was part of the infamous "Jushin Liger saves the day with his bum" match

Edit: It turns out he was the only one who was not part of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO71rAquWIM

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Adam Cole was part of the infamous "Jushin Liger saves the day with his bum" match

Greatest spot in wrestling history

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Literally any reason to post it.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I mean, it would be pretty cool if Marko had someone his one size to play with.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I miss Cole with O'Reilly as the tag team Future Shock.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OctoberCountry posted:

edit:

I know the main commentary on this pic is about Adam Cole being in the background, but let's also acknowledge how loving cute Nyla is in this pic. Such a great outfit and look for her.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I watched Adam Cole wrestle 'Party' Marty Scurll in a lovely little English church hall in front of about 50 people.

He ducked out of the ring when Marty tried to kiss him and the crowd chanted 'homophobic' at him until he got back in and accepted the kiss.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

History Comes Inside! posted:

I watched Adam Cole wrestle 'Party' Marty Scurll in a lovely little English church hall in front of about 50 people.

He ducked out of the ring when Marty tried to kiss him and the crowd chanted 'homophobic' at him until he got back in and accepted the kiss.

I love little shows with people who make it big later. I saw Jimmy Havoc pre-goth in a cagematch at one of the very last NWA Hammerlock shows, and Nicki Storm (who became Nicki Cross) on a Southside show in 2012.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That whole show was like a weird indie time capsule of people who went on to get signed at various international-scale promotions, looking back on it through that lens. It also had Chuck Taylor, Colt Cabana, Mark Andrews and Mark Haskins on the card off the top of my head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I went to an IPW:UK show in 2012 that I always remember had Noam Dar and Rockstar Spud on cause they instanted look like they had star presence but checking the card now I've realised I also saw Nikki Storm, Shanna, Dave Mastiff and I even got Marty Scurll in the main event during his Party Marty days :3:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That just reminded me Dave Mastiff was also on that card, wrestling Wild Boar who is also now NXT UK.

I've now looked it up on cagematch and there are like 3 names who aren't currently/have recently been signed to major promotions.

The Trinity Centre has seen some poo poo.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/elpwrestling/status/1264696058820476930?s=19

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I went to an IPW:UK show in 2012 that I always remember had Noam Dar and Rockstar Spud on cause they instanted look like they had star presence but checking the card now I've realised I also saw Nikki Storm, Shanna, Dave Mastiff and I even got Marty Scurll in the main event during his Party Marty days :3:

The early 2010s UK scene was fun because it was popping with all these guys who hadn't made it yet but were clearly going to. Martin Kirby wrestling 15 minutes in a three way with El Ligero and Spud, then taking a breather, donning a mask, and coming back out as Ego Dragon to face Robbie X. Kris Travis fighting Marty Scurll in a tiny hall in Huntingdon. poo poo, just Kris Travis in general.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

weird way for ELP to turn babyface but I’m here for it

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

The early 2010s UK scene was fun because it was popping with all these guys who hadn't made it yet but were clearly going to. Martin Kirby wrestling 15 minutes in a three way with El Ligero and Spud, then taking a breather, donning a mask, and coming back out as Ego Dragon to face Robbie X. Kris Travis fighting Marty Scurll in a tiny hall in Huntingdon. poo poo, just Kris Travis in general.

I remember going up to Wolverhampton in 2010/11 to see a NOAH show and wondering why the gently caress they're pairing this skinny little kid with a weird name up against KENTA. I came away with a newfound love of a young Zack Sabre Jnr.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Neodoomium posted:

I had never seen this clip until now. I feel enlightened.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CursedBalkanYT/status/1176592681067323404

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Classic