Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Now is a great time to play necromancer since rats and nova can both cube 3 weapon effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So I was goofing around last night leveling gems to see if I could hit a GR 60 (I'm used to HC and take things very very slowly) and accidentally nuked a GR70 without trying or dying. I've already deactivated all my pet based buffs in preparation for when the character rolls over to non-seasonal and my gems are only like 40s so I thought it would take longer! my first primal was... Stormshield =(

Anyways I wanted to check out GR pushing and every video is like 15-20 minutes so I found this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfB3cOTvz8

and its far and away the best build guide for this Mundu set online, i think. I learned a lot about how the Barber straight up lies to you about how the ability works and I just didn't understand what was happening on screen at all. I feel much smoother playing this already auto-pilot build now.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I like those bow buffs

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Bust Rodd posted:

So I was goofing around last night leveling gems to see if I could hit a GR 60 (I'm used to HC and take things very very slowly) and accidentally nuked a GR70 without trying or dying. I've already deactivated all my pet based buffs in preparation for when the character rolls over to non-seasonal and my gems are only like 40s so I thought it would take longer! my first primal was... Stormshield =(

Anyways I wanted to check out GR pushing and every video is like 15-20 minutes so I found this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfB3cOTvz8

and its far and away the best build guide for this Mundu set online, i think. I learned a lot about how the Barber straight up lies to you about how the ability works and I just didn't understand what was happening on screen at all. I feel much smoother playing this already auto-pilot build now.

Yeah, as far as i can tell this is the only build guide video out of all the d3 content that exists that manages to be both correct and concise.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PTR is now live
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1266092321860288512

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I just completed the last GR55 with a full set I needed for the season... twice. And it's not counting as completed. I'm set to invite-only, and online. What the heck?

mewse
May 2, 2006

I guess we're not Nephalem anymore? New community manager dropping the ball already

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
The new necro set with the teeth rune on bonespear - feels like 3x multi-shots firing off. I think I have a new favorite speed/bounty set. :getin:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

New DH set feels bad, IMO. You can't perma strafe and have to stop to build up stacks, which wasn't how I thought it would be on first read. (very poor wording on it and other poo poo in these patch notes. Looking at you too, SOJ) I only played around for a little bit but there's a lot of problems with it. There's not enough skills that the set buffs to even fill your bar and passives since they're very limited to primary skills, needs more new item buffs or mods added to existing lame ones, etc. It just feels like a much worse and clunky WW barb that dies 100x easier.

Here's to the next pass. :allears:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sanctum posted:

I just completed the last GR55 with a full set I needed for the season... twice. And it's not counting as completed. I'm set to invite-only, and online. What the heck?
Did you use one of the new sets? I'm fairly sure the GR55 achievement only counts the "original" four for each class.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Incoherence posted:

Did you use one of the new sets? I'm fairly sure the GR55 achievement only counts the "original" four for each class.
Helltooth Harness. It's still showing as incomplete but I guess it's just a visual bug since Season Complete :woop:

Also found a hamburger dagger yesterday.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I am at the 1 Conquest step for my SJ. I’m a Mundu WD and the Cursed Peat conquest feels impossible, I’m capping out at 250 dudes. Should I just do boss mode instead?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So that new DH set is just the Sovereign set? :effort:

:effort: Necro one not any better either...

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Im_Special posted:

So that new DH set is just the Sovereign set? :effort:

seems different enough

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Suburban Dad posted:

New DH set feels bad, IMO. You can't perma strafe and have to stop to build up stacks, which wasn't how I thought it would be on first read. (very poor wording on it and other poo poo in these patch notes. Looking at you too, SOJ) I only played around for a little bit but there's a lot of problems with it. There's not enough skills that the set buffs to even fill your bar and passives since they're very limited to primary skills, needs more new item buffs or mods added to existing lame ones, etc. It just feels like a much worse and clunky WW barb that dies 100x easier.

Here's to the next pass. :allears:

After testing it with a few setups myself I'm inclined to agree -- it doesn't seem very good. You can make it very sturdy and it'll clear a GR90 in 5 minutes no problem, but what set doesn't these days. The way it was worded was confusing for me too, at first. I can see the design of the set -- build up Momentum stacks with primaries then go nuts with Strafe and start over -- but right now it's just not very interesting visually, and since Strafe doesn't get a damage bonus either, it doesn't feel like anything special is happening. Momentum also drops off way too soon. I played with Devouring Arrow + Ninth Cirri and was able to get a few lucky crits into the trillions, but I was expecting more.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I played for <2 hours, mostly just setting up gear and did one GR with the build and came to my conclusions. Didn't try more than hungering arrow either. Really makes me wonder how much internal play testing these guys do.

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I am at the 1 Conquest step for my SJ. I’m a Mundu WD and the Cursed Peat conquest feels impossible, I’m capping out at 250 dudes. Should I just do boss mode instead?
Don't bother if you're on console unless you have others that can help. Monsters just don't spawn fast enough solo for whatever reason. Boss mode is easy with chicken gear and that set. Should take 1 or 2 tries max.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 29, 2020

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
I haven't played D3 in years, but I fired it up and ran through the story with a Necromancer. Smashy smashy fun. However, I've completely forgotten how the end game stuff works despite having played it before. Can someone give me a refresher? I'm also down for playing with goons if anyone wants company.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Pixelante posted:

I haven't played D3 in years, but I fired it up and ran through the story with a Necromancer. Smashy smashy fun. However, I've completely forgotten how the end game stuff works despite having played it before. Can someone give me a refresher? I'm also down for playing with goons if anyone wants company.

Adventure Mode, difficulty as high as you can manage easily, get Kanai's Cube from the ruins of Szechuan.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Adventure Mode, difficulty as high as you can manage easily, get Kanai's Cube from the ruins of Szechuan.

Guess they got hit real hard by the trade war.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Do Greater Rfits the second you hit 70, don't be afraid to start on lowest difficulty. Form a clownsuit of legendaries and then use Legacy of Dreams until you find sets.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Tubgoat posted:

Where the heck is that?

e: Do you get more xp at higher difficulty levels? Or better loot?

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 30, 2020

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Both. More XP and better loot. And the Ruins of Secheron (sp?) is where Kanai's Cube is located.

The cube lets you have three more legendary powers active. So when you look at a gear loadout on Icy Veins or Diablofans, and it references items that you should have in your cube, that's what it means.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

GoingPostal posted:

Both. More XP and better loot. And the Ruins of Secheron (sp?) is where Kanai's Cube is located.

The cube lets you have three more legendary powers active. So when you look at a gear loadout on Icy Veins or Diablofans, and it references items that you should have in your cube, that's what it means.

I just cleared out the ruins and didn't find anything. Do I need to trigger something first?

Gear stuff seems complicated.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Were you playing in Story Mode or Adventure Mode?

Adventure Mode has another area that leads off of it called the... Elder's Sanctum? It's a little square room with a glowing thing in the middle.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Get the quest from Kanai in town in adventure mode and it is on the second level of the map.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Buffing DH Primaries is cool. Tying them to Strafe is dogshit. I don't know why its so difficult for Blizzard to just let people use the skills they want to without jumping through the hoops of having to use unrelated skills.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Dusted off my Demon Hunter and was able to tackle a level 47 rift on my own, though it wasn't without a couple deaths. Anyone want company for group rift runs? I remember them being more fun with other players. I got my hands on the Kanai Cube, but haven't tried using it yet. I'm sure there are a zillion meta-game factors of which I'm unaware.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 30, 2020

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lol, no playtest Necromancer for me! gently caress the PTR.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Not seeing it mentioned in the set but from watching some people run it, does the set make simulacrum not dissapear after 15 seconds anymore?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

They changed the amulet to do that, haunted visions I think it is.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Suburban Dad posted:

They changed the amulet to do that, haunted visions I think it is.

I must be missing something, simulacrum lasts 15 seconds, 30 with the amulet, and has a 120 second cooldown?

edit: aaah, on the PTR. Sorry, I can't read.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
On a Crusader I had in hardcore, I had some combination of gear/passives that let my Bowmen hang around for the full duration of the cooldown and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it was. Anyone know?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tubgoat posted:

On a Crusader I had in hardcore, I had some combination of gear/passives that let my Bowmen hang around for the full duration of the cooldown and I'll be damned if I can figure out what it was. Anyone know?

You probably want a Warhlem of Kassar and a bunch of CDR% on the rest of your gear. An Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac will get your the rest of the way if CDR% doesn't. Tasker and Theo and Unrelenting Phalanx will help with DPS.

I don't think a Phalanx-based build can handle T16+ though.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Eternal union ring

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I wish they gave Grace of Inarius a damage buff as well. As it stands now it will still be the worst Necro set. I played a ton of Necro when it first came out and some how managed to get half of Inarius as Primal and was having fun rolling things and since the original nerf they have buffed everything else but Inarius. Why oh why does Diablo still do this despite being a PVE game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Miranae Bonestorm was the best Necro build by far, I never understood why they couldn’t just let that gem be good in that one build

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Play with meeeee! SaintCoyote#1130. I'm bored with leveling up my Necromancer (lvl 66 now). I'd also enjoy running rifts on my DH. I'm up around 550 paragon levels but I know my gear is poo poo.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It wasn't Phalanx-based, it was a neat aynergy I had. The build itself was more built around Wrath of Heaven? or whatever can be split into 3 beams and have its damage increased by some silly percent with a legendary.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh, just noticed this recently.

https://i.imgur.com/ne9ejUd.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Tubgoat posted:

It wasn't Phalanx-based, it was a neat aynergy I had. The build itself was more built around Wrath of Heaven? or whatever can be split into 3 beams and have its damage increased by some silly percent with a legendary.

I'm thinking you were using Baleful Remnant?