Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Remember when America destroyed COVID-19 with flying war plane shows

i remember when we sent in the national guard to kick its rear end, then pulled them back a day before benefits would have kicked in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/FTI_US/status/1265348185201008641

follow up

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
LA was relatively spared because we have the worst public transportation in the country

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/DessiDelight_/status/1265348488805658631

lol

"we need more african american gas chamber operators!"

gregday
May 23, 2003

the shelter took her dog back too

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Steve Yun posted:

LA was relatively spared because we have the worst public transportation in the country

:lol: you have a subway, so it can't be nearly as bad as literally anywhere that doesn't have a subway.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Steve Yun posted:

on 4/20 (lmao) they slashed MARTA stops/buses/trains down to nothing and I have no idea when they're going to ramp them back up, several MARTA workers passed away too

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

gofundme time!

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

yup, chuds gonna donate their disability checks to the investment banker lady to support her racism and animal abuse

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Thoguh posted:

Only so many nursing homes and meat packing plants. Good thing we're opening up a bunch more places for people to gather in large numbers now.

Again hogs can not get covid. Those hogs will be fine.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/fspielman/status/1265352678135271425

https://twitter.com/fspielman/status/1265351450063974401?s=19

Contact tracing is makework bullshit, just patronage jobs.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Rah! posted:

lol

regardless of any count fuckery, multiple CA cities were locked down for weeks before NYC decided to finally do it

YOU LIE

first city in cali (Bay Area) locked down on March 17. NYC locked down on March 20. that is three days not weeks!!

also cali's testing rates per million were also poo poo compared to new york state, look 'em up if you don't believe me :mad: but my real point is...

gavin newsom is a scam. new york's response was TERRIBLE don't get me wrong. but cali was also TERRIBLE. every state was bad except hawaii.

theflyingexecutive posted:

I genuinely believe LA was spared because the weather was lovely in late Feb/March, and the bay because tech companies WFHed right away

it was't spared that much though...thousands of people are confirmed dead and the undercount is really bad, 46000 cases and climbing etc etc

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

dumb as hell post

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

repurposing my human stock for our new coronavirus based economy

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Human bone broth

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

She'll do a really quick swing from Pete donor to full-on-chud

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

dumb as hell post

Yeah waiting til August and mid September is really going to be loving useful especially with the second biggest train system in the country and no one call avoid work due to lack of unemployment . Really gonna help

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/DapperHistorian/status/1265352701929545728

so uh, unearthing things in 2020 is going to release some hell demon that is going to make it rain blood while we cower in our closets from winged beasts that look like our doppelgangers without eyes right?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jfc, vacuum every once in a while

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

she worked for an investment bank and lives near central park

she's already loaded, and/or has family/spouse that is too

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

so uh, unearthing things in 2020 is going to release some hell demon that is going to make it rain blood while we cower in our closets from winged beasts that look like our doppelgangers without eyes right?

rome wasn't big on demons, but there might be some rude graffiti

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

facetoucher cat posted:

if that's a metaphor for an additional pandemic that nobody has any immunity to then yes

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

COVID-420 posted:

YOU LIE

first city in cali (Bay Area) locked down on March 17. NYC locked down on March 20. that is three days not weeks!!

lol drat roni melted my brain

still beat NYC though :smug:

also i hope hawaii nukes us

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

facetoucher cat posted:

too late, we opened the sarcophagus and dug up the flayed lord, our fate is sealed

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

facetoucher cat posted:

... ground floor?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Owned

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

lol drat roni melted my brain

still beat NYC though :smug:

also i hope hawaii nukes us

i have some good news

https://twitter.com/dannoyes/status/1265360839583789056?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

It's been that way in Ohio for two weeks straight

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

COVID-420 posted:

YOU LIE

also cali's testing rates per million were also poo poo compared to new york state, look 'em up if you don't believe me :mad: but my real point is...

gavin newsom is a scam. new york's response was TERRIBLE don't get me wrong. but cali was also TERRIBLE. every state was bad except hawaii.

those days really matter, tho. i agree that newsom didn't act quickly enough (he waited until SF issued their order). we definitely have undercounted deaths here, but the thing to look at is hospital usage rates. we didn't see the influx of rona patients here in Cali, which is gonna change.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Wrex Ruckus posted:

if that's a metaphor for an additional pandemic that nobody has any immunity to then yes

why did you put that in my brain

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

facetoucher cat posted:

why did you put that in my brain

nah, we've got those old viruses info in our genes. they have been hibernating while we've been evolving into stronger, better, and dumber creatures.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/1265347731201163266

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

This is incredible.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

gregday posted:

the shelter took her dog back too

really?? lmao if true

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is incredible.
that's a free press, i'll have you know

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

Legit hoping we get some fresh roman shitposts

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

just got home from my work's reopening meeting. this is what they handed to us as we walked in:

There's another full page but I left it in my car.

All the waitresses were concerned that coming back to work wouldn't be worth losing unemployment and the $600 COVID benefit, so they talked it over and because of the reduced capacity meaning fewer servers per shift, they're going to arrange it so that they can work as much as possible without going over the cutoff point for qualifying for "reduced hours because of COVID". This will go on until July 25. Management was cooperative and encouraging, which reaffirms that I'm happy to work here.

We cut roughly 4-6 people from the staff of about 2 dozen, not exactly how much, I didn't get a full head count before BOH left. Some didn't want to come back, others took the opportunity to retire. So we're down now to our "core" workers. Which means, and the manager especially pleaded for this, no more asking for time off lol. If one of us gets sick the rest will have to pitch in to cover shifts, and we may need to cross-train. This is good for me since I already do basically everything

Masks provided. FOH is supposed to change gloves 3-4 times a hour. Disinfect EVERYTHING after each use. No more pre-setting tables, customers will need to request waters/salsa instead of automatically providing. Etc. Not much has changed for BOH, we're mostly doing the same covid prep we were doing back in March. I can already tell that enforcing social distancing between workers will be close-to-impossible though, we barely had anyone paying attention to that today while we were cleaning up the stations, and waitresses kept taking off their masks to talk :rolleyes:

I asked about noncompliant customers and ownership was slightly surprised, they hadn't thought about that at all (there was talk about how to handle sick customers, but not belligerent customers). After some discussion I'm now officially part of the "Muscle" lol, the on-duty manager will come get me and one of the dishwashers if a customer is uncooperative with the first requests to knock it off/please leave. They don't anticipate any actual physical contact though, just there to reinforce that we're serious about customers following COVID rules. Our usual crowd is good about being cooperative so we don't expect much trouble on that front.

For the first time in this place's history we're taking reservations instead of having an as-needed waiting list.

I fully expect to catch COVID-19 over the next few months. :patriot:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

I got my hair cut today because having like a years worth of hair growth is loving miserable when its almost 90 degrees out

what day should i mark on my calendar for symptoms starting?

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

NofrikinfuN posted:

I got my hair cut today because having like a years worth of hair growth is loving miserable when its almost 90 degrees out

3 to 11 days, May 28th to June 5th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NofrikinfuN posted:

enjoy the rona bub