Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Time to put Covid...on ice

https://twitter.com/NHLNetwork/status/1265332565143158786

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

NofrikinfuN posted:

what day should i mark on my calendar for symptoms starting?

I legit used to do this for potential STD's

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol the vaccine they've been hyping for weeks now is showing adverse reactions and the stock is dropping, woops

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

sexpig by night posted:

lol the vaccine they've been hyping for weeks now is showing adverse reactions and the stock is dropping, woops

https://twitter.com/ichaydon/status/1265275383798050819

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I asked about noncompliant customers and ownership was slightly surprised, they hadn't thought about that at all (there was talk about how to handle sick customers, but not belligerent customers).

Anyway to get a hose into the store to spray down a customer when they start being a little poo poo.

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
why are people more mad at those defying lockdowns than the politicians that refuse to pay them to stay home

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie Panders posted:

why are people more mad at those defying lockdowns than the politicians that refuse to pay them to stay home

we are at war

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

enjoy the rona bub

:stoked:

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

3 to 11 days, May 28th to June 5th.

thanks

I wonder if I will hear back on my summons for jury duty before then

I just mailed it out today so it's hard to say... also I noted I'm on antidepressants, but I can't imagine they let people off the hook for that or there would be no jurors.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

I legit used to do this for potential STD's

Smart, honestly.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

hell yeah time to repeat and start that St Louis Dynasty

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

oh poo poo I got my zerg back thank you kind citizen

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Dustcat posted:

yup, chuds gonna donate their disability checks to the investment banker lady to support her racism and animal abuse

she's a lib though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bernie Panders posted:

because these people are out partying and being pampered by their wageslaves, not working.

I'm working. Because I'm not getting the $600/week because of some stupid thing with social security and the healthcare coverage I get for being disabled

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Uh oh, the day traders would like to speak to Moderna's manager

https://twitter.com/tlaustin/status/1265307416754819074

https://twitter.com/measured_moves/status/1265302957001789442

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Bernie Panders posted:

Crazy. brained washed. Well trained dogs. If you can't find any other reason.

When they talk the arguments will be "I don't want handouts. I want to work for my living."
Never mind the fact that life is so artificial that even farming for food, (a job at the beginning of the 1900's over 80% of the population did, that was reduced to under 4% now. ) is not really so that much of a skill when farming can be reduced to driving slowly through fields.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 20:45 on May 26, 2020

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

“I understand that sharing the story, it’s going to be frightening to some people,” he said. “I hope that it doesn’t fuel any sort of general antagonism towards vaccines in general or towards even this vaccine.”

lol then why did u talk about it, nerd

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Just a lil dipsy-doodle

quote:

In the 45-person Moderna study, four participants experienced what are known as “Grade 3” adverse events — side effects that are severe or medically significant but not immediately life-threatening. Neither the company nor the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, which is running the trial, have previously detailed the nature of those incidents, but Moderna did disclose that three, likely including Haydon, received the highest dose of the vaccine that was tested, and had reactions that involved their whole bodies. A fourth received a lower dose and had a rash at the injection site.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

very concerned about the sanctity of the NDA

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

lol then why did u talk about it, nerd

quote:

Haydon has spoken about the vaccine on CNN and CNBC. He even said he’d volunteer to be exposed to the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, if researchers want to test to see if the vaccine was actually effective. But up until now he has left out a key detail: He is, apparently, one of three people in the trial who had a systemic adverse reaction to the vaccine.

He wants to be BACK IN THE NEWS CYCLE, BABY

gently caress this guy

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

can someone who isn't death crew explain why this isn't a nothing burger like it reads like? I mean when you get a flu shot they ask you to hang around for 15 minutes in case this sort of thing happens.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

He has not brought up the side effects previously, he said, out of “an abundance of caution.”

“I understand that sharing the story, it’s going to be frightening to some people,” he said. “I hope that it doesn’t fuel any sort of general antagonism towards vaccines in general or towards even this vaccine.”

this guy is a loving idiot

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Vishass posted:

can someone who isn't death crew explain why this isn't a nothing burger like it reads like? I mean when you get a flu shot they ask you to hang around for 15 minutes in case this sort of thing happens.

i'm death krew and can tell u it's a nothing burger because this is exactly the kind of thing that phase 1 trials are designed to find out.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Lol I'm pretty sure you could just write whatever you wanted and mail it to a news station and they'd run with it word for word

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Bernie Panders posted:

:911:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

hey folks i signed up to test how many bullets the bullet proof vest could withstand and i had an adverse reaction at bullet number 510

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dont talk to me or my number ever again

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Admiral Ray posted:

i'm death krew and can tell u it's a nothing burger because this is exactly the kind of thing that phase 1 trials are designed to find out.

it's also a nothing burger because MRNA is a pump & dump biotech penny stock scheme that churns out this poo poo not to further science and medicine but to hype up morons who will drive the price up 15x in two trading days, at which point the stakeholders systematically sell off their shares and then start the separation process from the company

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Just a lil dipsy-doodle

Fainting isn’t really a significantly bad reaction to a shot, a fever could be. But people faint all the time from allergy shots because of the immediate ‘gently caress you’ impact on your histamine response; it’s not necessarily a super worrisome event.

I’d think the worrisome event would be vaccine enhancement, where covid jumps up to SARS-1 danger levels or worse.

Edit: given this guy talking to the media begging for attention, the trial may have had serious brain damage implications, however.

Goreld has issued a correction as of 20:49 on May 26, 2020

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

eric ciaramella posted:

He has not brought up the side effects previously, he said, out of “an abundance of caution.”

this guy is a loving idiot

This is the problem here. Not NDA's or how ignorant of the process this guy seems.

Phase 1 trials are by nature self selecting. Usually people do it for the money but now your going to be getting people who are much more likely to want to 'help' than any random person. Notice his friend sent him the link, which means this guy exhibited some sort of behavior to indicate to other people that he would be interested in such things. Not saying that's bad necessarily

Thus you have, like in this case, someone more likely to resist reporting symptoms to avoid 'derailing' the vaccine.

He had a fever of 103, felt sicker than he has ever felt by his own words and STILL resisted even calling the people he was supposed to call. Were there anyone else who had even a fraction of these symptoms and just sat on them?

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is incredible.

What bothers me is that so few of these stations are owned by Sinclair Media, which caused the first montage of footage like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvtNyOzGogc

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Haydon said the experience left him as sick as he’d ever felt. But standard flu-like symptoms that resolve within a day are not necessarily considered a reason not to use a vaccine that prevents a more serious illness.

Given the stakes of a Covid-19 vaccine, the side effects described in the Moderna release would likely be seen as acceptable even if they turned out to be seen in future studies. 

blood for the number god

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
* deep breath *

I just cracked a beer.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

it would be absolutely lol if none of the US vaccines work

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dustcat posted:

what are you supposed to do with one of these charts anyway

studying it causes you to gain +3 mythos skill but also causes you to lose 1d10 sanity

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

the ideal covid restaurant is one that delivers food via pneumatic tubes to each table's food cube.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Is there supposed to be a news story every time that a clinical drug trial finds side effects, or is this guy supposed to be special for some reason

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-trends-graphic-idUSKBN2321WY

wowzers

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Fellatio del Toro posted:

very concerned about the sanctity of the NDA

DO SOMETHING!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Is there supposed to be a news story every time that a clinical drug trial finds side effects, or is this guy supposed to be special for some reason

A reason beyond "someone important will make money off shorting the stock that this article will hurt"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/DapperHistorian/status/1265352701929545728

so uh, unearthing things in 2020 is going to release some hell demon that is going to make it rain blood while we cower in our closets from winged beasts that look like our doppelgangers without eyes right?

Does that beat a mammoth cemetery with at least 60 specimens ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/22/mexico-city-mammoth-bones-found

Or an Egyptian CITY OF THE DEAD full of mummies?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/11541514/ancient-egyptian-funeral-home-video/

Dunno, a floor sounds kinda tame in the year 2020