Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Means👏 tested 👏 tweeting 👏

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The meme or whatever with the NO BERNIE EVER KAMALA IS BAE with black handclaps being tweeted by the whitest lady

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

once in a while i mutter to myself, black twitter aint having no bernie, and laugh at my own cognitive decline

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Smirking_Serpent posted:

once in a while i mutter to myself, black twitter aint having no bernie, and laugh at my own cognitive decline
Same, but with "Tommy needy drinky."

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hopkins FBI posted:

Same, but with "Tommy needy drinky."

wait, are you That Dick!, or has a second Not-Voting-For-Joe-Biden oath been broken

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
trump saying his favorite bible passage is out of two corinthians (said just like that) and christian america just grinning and nodding along because trump was overtly racist and xenophobic enough that the bible stopped mattering

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

wait, are you That Dick!, or has a second Not-Voting-For-Joe-Biden oath been broken

the avatar purchaser doesn't understand sarcasm

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

trump saying his favorite bible passage is out of two corinthians (said just like that) and christian america just grinning and nodding along because trump was overtly racist and xenophobic enough that the bible stopped mattering

tbf the actual Bible ever mattered to fundies

on this topic its funny as hell that the first politically active Evangelicals supported Jimmy Carter, before the movement was taken over by insane pro-forced birthers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Jimmy Carter teaches a Sunday school class at the Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia, when his health and public health permit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISx6BOU6pcQ&t=7s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

my bony fealty posted:

tbf the actual Bible ever mattered to fundies

on this topic its funny as hell that the first politically active Evangelicals supported Jimmy Carter, before the movement was taken over by insane pro-forced birthers

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

If you really want to see the supreme court decision that galvanized the religious right you can skip RvW and check out Bob Jones University v The United States. Bigotry was always the reason and still is

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
just remembered: mitt romney had an anonymous twitter account where he went by pierre delecto & both defended himself as a 3rd party AND faved really catty tweets about other politicans

its so good. jesus christ lol

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/10/mitt-romney-has-a-secret-twitter-account-and-it-sure-looks-like-its-this-one.html

edit; going thru my memories of 2016 this suddenly came to mind also

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/794578578327371776

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's like JP prattling on about eating red meat every meal like a manly man. God you'd hate it after the first 2, 3 days or so. These people are mental

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gant

quote:

In June 2010,[6] Gant began a second Afghanistan deployment, returning to the village of Mangwal where he had served in 2003.[1] In September 2010, reporter Ann Scott Tyson took a leave of absence from The Washington Post and went to Kunar to live with Gant for nine months, in violation of military regulations.[6]

Gant and his unit built relationships with the tribes by wearing traditional Afghan clothing instead of uniforms and learning Pashto.[1] He remained in Kunar for 22 months and achieved significant operational success. General Petraueus called him "the perfect counterinsurgent" and compared him favorably to T. E. Lawrence, calling him "Lawrence of Afghanistan."[7] By the middle of 2011, he had recruited 1,300 Afghan Local Police.[6] At the same time, he engaged in unorthodox behavior such as ritually cutting himself and telling his soldiers that, "I believe in the wrathful God of combat. I believe in Hecate".[8] He allegedly drank alcohol during the deployment, which is prohibited by Army regulations, and "self-medicated" with pain medication.[1]

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

They give you a medal for killing a man and fire you for being cool.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

happy memorial day

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Macasaurus posted:

happy memorial day

Clichéd by now but still amazing:

https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/869240498510217216?s=21

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's like JP prattling on about eating red meat every meal like a manly man. God you'd hate it after the first 2, 3 days or so. These people are mental

Nah its a thing

Skip Bayless has broccoli and chicken for dinner literally every day and has done for years

Mark Rosewater (head of Magic The Gathering) has a plain ham sandwich every day because by his own admission he's an insanely fussy eater

I believe Scott Walker but equally its bizarre to brag about it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I didn't say it wasn't a thing I said it's not normal and indicative of someone hosed in the head

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Disney World's Hall of Presidents made a Hillary animatronic expecting her to win then had to retrofit it to be Trump

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

kamala doing a big Serious spiel in a debate about kicking trump of twitter for violating TOS

Elizabeth Warren's rehearsed show-stopping memory searing speech about taking selfies

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MikeCrotch posted:

Nah its a thing

Skip Bayless has broccoli and chicken for dinner literally every day and has done for years

Mark Rosewater (head of Magic The Gathering) has a plain ham sandwich every day because by his own admission he's an insanely fussy eater

I believe Scott Walker but equally its bizarre to brag about it

This reminded me anderson cooper views eating as "a waste of time."

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

zegermans posted:

Elizabeth Warren's rehearsed show-stopping memory searing speech about taking selfies

thank christ we don't have to hear about the loving "selfie line" or whatever anymore

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

You need the sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UJ9_Qhekc

Well that and the face he makes afterwards

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gUmHBeGfaE

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

“Please proceed, Governor.”

The fact that Romney(s campaign) was so deep in FOXworld that they got blindsided by basic, well documented reality at an incredibly important debate was a really bad sign for the future lol.

Speaking of, i often think of this Onion News Network video from the day after the 2012 election. It might be the most prescient thing they've ever done. Watch for the chyron about Hillary at the end, its incredible.

https://youtu.be/jjonGtrCyVE

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Platystemon posted:

“Please proceed, Governor.”

A glance at Crowley's career after that moment should be all the evidence people need as to why moderators don't try to factcheck even the most glaring lies

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Chris Matthews got fired for an on-air meltdown about Bernie Sanders, but only because he had the misfortune of doing it during the one week when it looked like Bernie might win and the network needed to preserve its access to the possible candidate

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zoran posted:

Chris Matthews got fired for an on-air meltdown about Bernie Sanders, but only because he had the misfortune of doing it during the one week when it looked like Bernie might win and the network needed to preserve its access to the possible candidate

he didn't get fired for the meltdown, he got fired a week later and it was because his decades-long pattern of sexual harassment was made public

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

he didn't get fired for the meltdown, he got fired a week later and it was because his decades-long pattern of sexual harassment was made public

which is even funnier, because a month later every single american liberal began trying to normalize decades-long patterns of sexual harassment.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

which is even funnier, because a month later every single american liberal began trying to normalize decades-long patterns of sexual harassment.

Yeah if he waited like 2 weeks later he would have been cleared of that also, rofl

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I remembered when the IHME/UW model predicted there would be zero deaths to COVID in the U.S. by now lol

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Tulip posted:

You need the sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UJ9_Qhekc

Well that and the face he makes afterwards

He looks like Rictus testing the mother’s milk.

(I wonder if it’s a reference.)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

This absolutely nonsensical political comic from last month

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kart Barfunkel posted:

He looks like Rictus testing the mother’s milk.

(I wonder if it’s a reference.)

dreamin of semen
Feb 22, 2013

MULTIPLICATION

oh, oh no, I forgot about that

quote:

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott acknowledged yesterday that he made a mistake when he smiled and winked in a talk radio studio while listening to an elderly woman pensioner say she had been forced to become a phone-sex worker because of her financial difficulties.

:wink:

I just remembered that time he knighted prince Phillip for, I'm pretty sure, no particular reason other than "he sometimes does stuff for australia". people got really mad, and he called posting tweets "electronic graffiti" which I think is kinda dope

also raw onions rule and eating them like an apple is cool and good if you skin them first

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

the time the FCC made time for public comments regarding the suspension of Net Neutrality, and when the overwhelmingly negative comments started coming in "the comments system crashed" and it suddenly became imperative to end Net Neutrality before the comments system could be "fixed," no doubt due FCC chairman Ajit Pai's dissembling machinations

then the whole gambit blew up in the cable companies' faces because the FCC's claim that Net Neutrality was no longer in the federal gov't's purview it opened up the states to individually implement their own Net Neutrality laws

then Pai claimed the FCC had the power to override those state laws and the courts were all "lol nope you idiots voluntarily gave up that right, reap the loving whirlwind"

now there's a federal investigation into the FCC's manipulation of the comments system

https://i.imgur.com/sMcD7Tq.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

juan guaido