Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
So this is an actual thing, I stand corrected

https://twitter.com/t0nit0ne/status/1263151630314242048

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
:sickos:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MorrisBae posted:

If vitamin D supplements are effective I need to stock up now before everyone else does.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

great story about collective bargaining from sports writing’s only comrade:

https://youtu.be/ZymSrDfLhW8

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

MorrisBae posted:

my doctor told me about this last week and suggested that i start taking D supplements anyway

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I've got plenty of d to go around

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1265370920387895296

oops laws aren't real

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

nomoneyball

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Ages posted:

nomoneyball

no money no money big roni STOP

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 26th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wow it just keeps happening again and again

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

"Unreal"? What reality is this dude living in?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Bearjew posted:

my doctor told me about this last week and suggested that i start taking D supplements anyway

I mean don't all Centrum and other multivitamins contain 100% of the daily requirement for Vitamin D anyway

Do they not give multivitamins to nursing home patients or something

EDIT: What the gently caress????

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22236283/

quote:

Vitamin-mineral supplementation may offer older adults health and cognition-related benefits but overuse may contribute to polypharmacy. We examined the prevalence of supplement usage in long-term care facility (LTC) residents (≥ 65 years of age). As cognition may be affected by nutrition, we also examined use in those with diagnosis of dementia and those with no dementia diagnosis. The prevalence of supplement usage and overall "pill count" from pharmaceutical use was assessed in 189 LTC residents and a subsample of 56 older adults with dementia diagnosis, respectively. Participants were residing in an LTC facility of a mid-size metropolitan area during 2009. The average use of supplements was 1.0 per day for all residents, with 35% taking vitamin D supplements, 20% multivitamins, and 26% calcium. Supplement use was similar (p ≥ 0.05) for those with dementia diagnosis (53%, average 2.0 per day) and for those without such diagnosis (45%, average 2.2 per day). Usage ranged between 1-6 supplements per day. In both of these groups, ∼73% of users were taking vitamin D. The number of prescribed medications ranged from 4 to 24 (average 10.2) in a subsample of residents whose supplement intake was 0 to 6 (average 2). These findings suggest an overall low rate of supplement use, with no significant differences (p ≥ 0.05) in use between residents with and without dementia diagnosis. However, some residents were at risk for supplement overuse.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

May 26th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

Man this is some bullshit they're rigging the drat numbers to prevent my victory

curse you trumo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nothing unreal exists.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
For real, VitD is easy to add to other supplements, it takes an incredibly high dose for toxicity, and you probably don't get enough. My fish oil comes with a good dose of it.

Be tremendously skeptical of all "it BOOSTS your immune system" claims without some quantifiable proof, but it's good, y'all.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Knight posted:

For real, VitD is easy to add to other supplements, it takes an incredibly high dose for toxicity, and you probably don't get enough. My fish oil comes with a good dose of it.

Be tremendously skeptical of all "it BOOSTS your immune system" claims without some quantifiable proof, but it's good, y'all.

Yeah it isn't fish tank pills or something. Worst case you take it and your piss is ten cents more expensive each day but it doesn't actually do anything.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Goon docs how many 10s of thousands of d should I take

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

nothing is real

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

nothing boosts your immune system. it either has what it needs to do its job, or it doesn't. there is no secret bonus immune. also you really do not want a turbocharged immune system. it WILL turn on you when it gets bored.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

everything is real

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Rah! posted:

everything is real

gently caress you

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Google Butt posted:

Goon docs how many 10s of thousands of d should I take

plugging is the best way to absorb the power of vit D

if you do that you only need to do about 15 a day. if you take it orally, you need to do about 200

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rah! posted:

nothing is real

Mods, we got a piss tape denier on our hands.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Rah! posted:

nothing is real

piss is real

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can't believe poor people who have to work forgot to take their vitamin D supplements AGAIN and wrecked our economy

the president shall have words, i assure you

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

nothing boosts your immune system. it either has what it needs to do its job, or it doesn't. there is no secret bonus immune. also you really do not want a turbocharged immune system. it WILL turn on you when it gets bored.

u just gave jeff bezos an idea

turbocharge everyones immune system

that way you NEED to catch the roni, or else ur immune system kills you

now u have to go back to work or else u die

and if you die at work oh well you would have died anyways!

bing bong :smugdon:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CarlosGphoto/status/1265455823700070401?s=20
https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1265457390192820226?s=20

honestly getting ready to upgrade to a painters mask with replaceable filters at this point. would those help with tear gas/pepper spray?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

COVID-19 posted:

gently caress you

who

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

nothing is real

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Bearjew posted:

piss is real

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

gently caress the police

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Mods, we got a piss tape denier on our hands.

pisstape is both real and unreal

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hyper real

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hyper piss

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Everything is in a simultaneous real and unreal state and only becomes real when one of your hemispheres decide it is, depending on which lobe you are residing in at the time

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

snoo posted:

gently caress the police

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Now would be a primo time for the Apprentice tape with Trump spouting racial things to drop

Just saying

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

snoo posted:

gently caress the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Of course now that it's summer in the northern hemisphere you can also get free vitamin d from the sun.
Go outside you goons if you can and get some sunlight on you.