Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Has Jack backed off his promise to donate a
Billion of his own money to Covid relief yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: like loving clockwork

Honestly if he leaves Twitter it would doom his insane murder-causing ramblings to obscurity, which is why I want his gargantuan dumb rear end to do it :getin:

Also, if Donald decides to go directly after twitter, can't they just ban his account for violating TOS?

Corporations are people with rights after all :unsmigghh:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 27, 2020

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

HelloSailorSign posted:

Disagree.

The way it goes is....

Bird crazies > horse crazies > dog crazies > reptile crazies > normal bird people > normal dog people > normal horse people > normal reptile people, with normal dog people and lower being acceptable.

Normal bird people are still crazy, it's because they all have psittacosis.

I have a bird and I want more so I mostly agree but the horse people are the weirdest.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I bet this will end with twitter just backing down but I hope they escalate this and keep posting warnings on his poo poo just so he gets mad, because gently caress him

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grondoth posted:

I bet this will end with twitter just backing down but I hope they escalate this and keep posting warnings on his poo poo just so he gets mad, because gently caress him

i sorta hope trump just keeps escalating anyway. he will probably tweet more about it soon and maybe if we get lucky try to make a speech about it. least i hope so.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Framboise posted:

Is it a criminal offense to tell a current president to shut the gently caress up to his face?

And if not, why haven't more people done so?

No, create an account and get to it.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's not even though Twitter is preventing Donny from lying like a 6th grader, they are just providing links below it. Donny is still allowed to vomit forth what ever inane dementia tinged ramblings he wants.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Madkal posted:

It's not even though Twitter is preventing Donny from lying like a 6th grader, they are just providing links below it. Donny is still allowed to vomit forth what ever inane dementia tinged ramblings he wants.

yeah but thats enough for trump to be mad. dudes a loving angry kid.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Twitter is trying to soften the blow that they're expecting if Donald Trump loses the presidency.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Madkal posted:

But even correcting him or even the illusion of correcting him is a step too far

Donny is a malignant narcissist. ANY step real or imagined to stop or correct his behavior is seen as just as outrageous as any possible perceived slight to him is.

This cannot stand, because he is always right, even when he's wrong. It doesn't matter that Twitter as a platform contributed greatly to his electoral win and his ongoing "popularity", they must be destroyed for daring to speak against him

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Twitter is going to make a show of it but are absolutely going to back down though.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/EliJMassey/status/1265405948149010434

well, at least one dem isn't a waste :unsmith:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Jaxyon posted:

No, create an account and get to it.

Yelling at big donny on twitter is not the same as saying the same thing to his face as an interviewer for national television

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Framboise posted:

Is it a criminal offense to tell a current president to shut the gently caress up to his face?

And if not, why haven't more people done so?
i want to see how long he whines if someone were to actually walk out on one of these before him. just get up in the middle of his non-answer and walk away. i guarantee the next hour would be trump crying and making little comments

Data Graham posted:

I think he's saying "CNN and the WaPo are Twitter's fact-checking sources; who are you gonna believe, them or me?"
i'm calling you correct. i read a period instead of a comma

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

I have a bird and I want more so I mostly agree but the horse people are the weirdest.

I unfortunately do have to turn in my veterinarian card for leaving out cat people in that list, but nothing will beat being chased by a client through a Walmart (first and last time I went to Walmart) yelling at me if I wanted to buy one of her African Gray parrots. That client was a massive nutter.

Realistically though the true spectrum actually has overlap between the groups and is probably some horrendous box and whisker monstrosity comparison thing that might be funny to make where you have more bird crazies be worst than most horse crazies but a few horse crazies being weird af.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
One good idea is to bring some dog treats with you when you're out, and offer them to dogs. The dogs will be very appreciative, will remember you forever, and just like that, you're friends with all the dogs.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AsInHowe posted:

One good idea is to bring some dog treats with you when you're out, and offer them to dogs. The dogs will be very appreciative, will remember you forever, and just like that, you're friends with all the dogs.

I can't think of many dogs I haven't been instant friends with. They are the purest of beings.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I know we’re all pessimistic as poo poo, but @jack is starting to look, sound, and act like someone who has gone so far out on peyote/lsd that he might be a totally new person.

I’ve had a couple of acquaintances who were moving decently well up the corporate ladder come back from a long camping trip, sell everything, buy an RV and just vanish.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just keep napkins full of mutton in your pocket

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
If they really start fact checking him, I wonder how big the department will have to be?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

GarudaPrime posted:

If they really start fact checking him, I wonder how big the department will have to be?

Daniel Dale has been doing it by himself the whole time, and somehow hasn't lost his mind. Just contact him.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

loving :laffo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I know we’re all pessimistic as poo poo, but @jack is starting to look, sound, and act like someone who has gone so far out on peyote/lsd that he might be a totally new person.

I’ve had a couple of acquaintances who were moving decently well up the corporate ladder come back from a long camping trip, sell everything, buy an RV and just vanish.

probably. my honest guess is if trump loses, he will say some truly insane poo poo(i know) and #shutthefuckuptrump will trend and than they will ban or probe him.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
What does this remind me of? Oh yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqFk3gvwb20

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. their are no tywins or tyrions in this admin. its just dead eyed dumbasses who listen to trump ramble and let that do policy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Huge loving :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1265446948951252992

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Framboise posted:

I can't think of many dogs I haven't been instant friends with. They are the purest of beings.

Exactly, so many good dogs to be friends with

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Just keep napkins full of mutton in your pocket

Another real good idea

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. their are no tywins or tyrions in this admin. its just dead eyed dumbasses who listen to trump ramble and let that do policy.

The Trump administration has an End Show Cersei-level cabinet: Qyburn filling the roles of 8 different people at once while salivating over the prospect of making a better walking zombie than the one he already created, and a Sex Pirate who thinks he runs everything but actually doesn’t do or understand poo poo and isn’t even a formal part of the government.

They remain in power because everyone in opposition to them is infinitely stupider than they have managed to be.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Maybe there is a different thread, but riot happening in MN due to police brutality.

https://twitter.com/efrostee/status/1265449910045990919?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SirPablo posted:

Maybe there is a different thread, but riot happening in MN due to police brutality.

https://twitter.com/efrostee/status/1265449910045990919?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndrewMannix/status/1265408634235863047

more a mass protest. no riot yet.

also mostly masks and distance between people.

edit.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1265447576419082241

guess i was wrong.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 27, 2020

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

For clarity, it's an even dumber example. This was on the requests for the ballots, he just changed the requested ballot for some Independents from Democrat to Republican and hosed with a few requests (I assume the address or something), supposedly to be "silly." I'm not sure it would even have any real benefits unless you knew how they were going to vote in the primary. Presumably the people would have just called the Secretary of State's office when they got the wrong ballot or didn't get one. As noted, it was also really, really obvious and easy to catch by the basic systems in place.

This was also only possible because the request was handled as a postcard for expediency, so it was easier to gently caress with. This was probably fine because there's almost no benefit to loving with the request, and any issues could be fixed. The actual ballots are more proper with a double-sealed envelope, so this wouldn't really be possible.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I’m howling

This rules

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
do bird accounts/users have access to metrics like # of pages visits/views their page/posts get?

like we goons are extremely online and check donnie's bird posts like every few mins, but real life chuds , esp old ones dont really consume or keep up with Donnie like that.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol: :hmbol:

Parscale is such a loving idiot my god

The price you pay when you hire a UFC reject as your "tech/ pr guy"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol: like loving clockwork

Honestly if he leaves Twitter it would doom his insane murder-causing ramblings to obscurity, which is why I want his gargantuan dumb rear end to do it :getin:

Also, if Donald decides to go directly after twitter, can't they just ban his account for violating TOS?

Corporations are people with rights after all :unsmigghh:

I hope Twitter puts another exclamation for voting rights on that first one and then one for "What free speech means" on the second one.

While they should just ban the fucker, trolling his every post in a visible way everybody sees is funny

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewMannix/status/1265408634235863047

more a mass protest. no riot yet.

also mostly masks and distance between people.

edit.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1265447576419082241

guess i was wrong.

what in the everloving loving christ is happening anymore

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

FizFashizzle posted:

Its probably not that but good on your acquaintances for finally seeing through the bullshit, at least

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I hope Twitter puts another exclamation for voting rights on that first one and then one for "What free speech means" on the second one.

While they should just ban the fucker, trolling his every post in a visible way everybody sees is funny
Twitter does the most tepid thing possible besides doing literally nothing and now you think they are going to go against big daddy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

olylifter posted:

what in the everloving loving christ is happening anymore

Cops putting down a protest of a gross unjustice in America? Its Monday, we call that a slow news day.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Twitter does the most tepid thing possible besides doing literally nothing and now you think they are going to go against big daddy?

Of course not, Trump is working the refs like the GOP has been doing for the last 50 years and Twitter will put up a week protest before @jack falls back into line and begs on his knees