Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Yeah I'm abstaining. Tudiya and the rest are so inconsistent with their reactions that telling them anything is rolling the dice.

I don't think they're inconsistent, I just think they function according to a framework that we, as the collective players, can't possibly keep straight as members of a completely alien culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

They're consistent, just consistently not what we want.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah they're consistent characters but they're consistently acting on values very different from those Enkidel/goons hold, like I forgot just exactly how xenophobic Tudiya is, or at least that it trumped his practicality.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Important message for right voters:

We will, one day.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
They are entirely consistent. Wrong voters just don't understand the why behind what they do

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Yeah I'm abstaining. Tudiya and the rest are so inconsistent with their reactions that telling them anything is rolling the dice.

The thing is, as has been discussed, Tudiya knows we're full of poo poo.
We're grasping at straws trying to justify this road trip that we HAD to take, going so far as to feign the "feeling" of a divine mandate, and he's waiting on us to basically lay down a literal message from God.

Like I said, he isn't going to lose his foot up our rear end since we did have successes on this trip, but, he's absolutely going to say that we didn't meet the standard he expected and that we better enjoy playing SimKavodel for the next hundred years.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Tbh I did think we would have a Lot more leeway in this specific thing b/c we were ostensibly dealing with a great city. but I also don't care about the trade deal overly much and just wanted to use this opportunity to see if 3dad would share any info about the peoples republic from the Zepath Logs

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the_steve posted:

he's absolutely going to say that we didn't meet the standard he expected and that we better enjoy playing SimKavodel for the next hundred years.

Yes please.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

the_steve posted:

The thing is, as has been discussed, Tudiya knows we're full of poo poo.
We're grasping at straws trying to justify this road trip that we HAD to take, going so far as to feign the "feeling" of a divine mandate, and he's waiting on us to basically lay down a literal message from God.

Like I said, he isn't going to lose his foot up our rear end since we did have successes on this trip, but, he's absolutely going to say that we didn't meet the standard he expected and that we better enjoy playing SimKavodel for the next hundred years.

The worst things is we actually have an actual divine boon for what we did, and we can't tell him...

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Waci posted:

The worst things is we actually have an actual divine boon for what we did, and we can't tell him...

That really is one of the biggest lols of this trip

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Agreed. I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable discussion a few vote cycles from now where wrong voters decide that we should really go to *literally anywhere* because they want to play tourist, and the "Well Actually" rhetorical circlejerk that will ensue when Tudiya shuts us down and everyone wants to vote to try to persuade/rules lawyer him that we should absolutely be allowed to abandon our responsibilities again because we want to.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

the_steve posted:

Agreed. I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable discussion a few vote cycles from now where wrong voters decide that we should really go to *literally anywhere* because they want to play tourist, and the "Well Actually" rhetorical circlejerk that will ensue when Tudiya shuts us down and everyone wants to vote to try to persuade/rules lawyer him that we should absolutely be allowed to abandon our responsibilities again because we want to.

Yes please.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Trip was dumb in the first place, like most of our big trips. Destination in mind like Orm or Bugbro? Good, easy, fast, Tudiya knows the why and how and fast so doesn't care

Big trip to South without destination? Got killed three times

Big trip to plains? Only got to do it by pissing off everyone around us and learned/gained very little

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Slaan posted:

Trip was dumb in the first place, like most of our big trips. Destination in mind like Orm or Bugbro? Good, easy, fast, Tudiya knows the why and how and fast so doesn't care

Big trip to plains? Only got to do it by pissing off everyone around us and learned/gained very little

Excuse me for wanting to explore and have adventures instead of sitting in town for years. I thought this was still a game, if a very simulationist and harsh one.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Slaan posted:

You think Every-Strike is little? It’s an absolute game-changer. Just... not one we can tell Tudiya about.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Tell Tudiya: The benefits of my trip will become apparent when you're older.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm amused that voting to tell Tudiya won but I'm even more amused we got to see Enkidel's Self-Preservation instincts once again kicking in

A

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Z the IVth posted:

The best answer

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Slaan posted:

Is this a serious post? I can never tell what you actually like in the game other than doing the hunger thing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

HUNGER votes are protests against how bad voters in this game are

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The feeling bullshit was an insanely hosed up thing to say

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Well, if we'd gone to Batiel we wouldn't have needed a really dumb lie, we could have gone out of piety.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

TheCog posted:

Well, if we'd gone to Batiel we wouldn't have needed a really dumb lie, we could have gone out of piety.

:hmmyes:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

How do we get him to let us go to Seir before the next jubi?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So why did we say we had an epic battle with the fire demon? Wouldn't it be more badass to say we defeated it with one punch?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The ostensibly correct opinion is that we push for baitel next as a trip. There’s just so much upside and not a lot of reasons to deny us unlike every other destination.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Also we would absolutely not survive a trip to seir. Our anti-slavery stance would get us killed before the dragons we'd be honorbound to hunt would.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Enkidel probably wouldn't make it within a week's journey time of Seir before murderizing shitbirds in the cities that surround it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Z the IVth posted:

Please do this.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Sitting at home protecting Zepath for a while until the rest of the world burns isn't going to accomplish anything but losing slower

Why would anyone vote for that. Tudiya would, but as a player that's a Wrong Voter Badge for sure

Hell, we don't ACTUALLY know how much or even if Tudiya is mad anyways

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

super sweet best pal posted:

So why did we say we had an epic battle with the fire demon? Wouldn't it be more badass to say we defeated it with one punch?

There is no way to tell the story where we beat it with one punch that is in keeping with our minimum standards of behavior.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
One day Tudys is going to get sick of our bullshit, slowly reach across the table, and rip our lying tongue out.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

CloFan posted:

How do we get him to let us go to Seir before the next jubi?

We don't want to go to Seir though, the donut is bad enough without the aristocrats being Blooded.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
A, but be honest and say that we are dumb and curious and want to trade with them but know better.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

One day Tudys is going to get sick of our bullshit, slowly reach across the table, and rip our lying tongue out.

And it'll grow back, confusing him greatly.

I honestly thought that the Great City status would go further to sway his opinion. Oh well.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

I am so tempted to just vote for us to be full honest with Tudiya. About everything. EVERYTHING.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Indeed. The constant lies are very tiring.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Blasphemaster posted:

Indeed. The constant lies are very tiring.

All we have to do is not go out of our way to tell the lie in the first place. We could just... not tell people things and who would know? We go out of our way to share things that we have no need to.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I am tired of the contingent of goons who want to be honest in spite of obvious repercussions. No self preservation or gaming instincts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

It is quite the complicated web that we weave.