Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Couple things come to mind:
There's a pair of mythos upgrades (the third and fourth on the first row, cost 1000 and 100,000) that scale with total transcensions, so set auto-transcend to 0.1 seconds and walk away for half an hour or so until they cap at 1e30 and 1e6 respectively.

Doing this now, good idea - thanks.

e: 100k upgrade is capped already - that was fast!

quote:

Might be some achievements you don't have, mostly stuff like "prestige without buying multipliers". That's the second column with Xs in it. The first couple Us next to it might also be doable.
Got the first four of those, plus the first couple U's.

quote:

Check your rune levels, might be able to squeak out something good by hitting a multiple of 10 in them.

Mmm, maybe. I'd need to slow my prestiging roll for long enough to actually get more offerings though.

ZZT the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Yeah, it's insane. I stalled at e75 and asked someone a page ago in this thread and they told me so I'm just sharing the love.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm at e260 on idle wizard now but im not addicted

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

please knock Mom! posted:

I'm at e260 on idle wizard now but im not addicted
I quit ages back, at like e750 back when that was an actual task, suffice it to say there's no shame here cause that game has a shitload of content.

Gandor
Apr 22, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

There's a pair of mythos upgrades (the third and fourth on the first row, cost 1000 and 100,000) that scale with total transcensions, so set auto-transcend to 0.1 seconds and walk away for half an hour or so until they cap at 1e30 and 1e6 respectively.

Ah god drat I never woulda figured this out on my own, thanks mate

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I've reached a point in Synergism where really all I can do is grind out Researchers and Runes. I've reached a point where I can't progress in Reincarnation challenges any further and I've capped out my regular challenges, so, just a matter of building up enough power to take on those Reincarnation challenges to get me over the edge.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Meinberg posted:

I've reached a point in Synergism where really all I can do is grind out Researchers and Runes. I've reached a point where I can't progress in Reincarnation challenges any further and I've capped out my regular challenges, so, just a matter of building up enough power to take on those Reincarnation challenges to get me over the edge.

I've been at that point for a few days, best thing to do is set your auto-transcend time to the optimal reset time for offerings (its the second line on the runes page, right below how many offerings you have) and the auto-reincarnate time to the optimal time for obtanium (its on the research page, first light purple line) and just wait a while.

Edit: without any quark purchases its 600 seconds/3600 seconds the timer quark purchases are what changes it

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Noticed that it is e300 mythos SHARDS to reincarnate, not 300 mythos, so i reincarnated.

R is not the best part of the game, unless i am again doing everything wrong.

Spending resource X to get more of resource X is the most unfun upgrades ever and imo a cardinal sin in this genre and Reincarnations have TWO cases like this.

Particle gain is really slow, going from e300 mythos shards to e700 only increased particle gain to 230. Doing 5 R’s in a row to get the 5x Particle upgrade was demotivational.

Unobtainium is only 1 per R, but you gain it over time and can spend unibtainium to speed this up. Ugh.

And setting up a auto P->T->R cycle is also no point because the upgrades you need to auto buy the upgrades you need are really expensive, requiring as much as e16 particles.

Great game until this point though. Perhaps the first idleincremental where you can actually sit and play, as tou get meaningful progress with 20 second resets.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Ineptitude posted:

Noticed that it is e300 mythos SHARDS to reincarnate, not 300 mythos, so i reincarnated.

R is not the best part of the game, unless i am again doing everything wrong.

Spending resource X to get more of resource X is the most unfun upgrades ever and imo a cardinal sin in this genre and Reincarnations have TWO cases like this.

Particle gain is really slow, going from e300 mythos shards to e700 only increased particle gain to 230. Doing 5 R’s in a row to get the 5x Particle upgrade was demotivational.

Unobtainium is only 1 per R, but you gain it over time and can spend unibtainium to speed this up. Ugh.

And setting up a auto P->T->R cycle is also no point because the upgrades you need to auto buy the upgrades you need are really expensive, requiring as much as e16 particles.

Great game until this point though. Perhaps the first idleincremental where you can actually sit and play, as tou get meaningful progress with 20 second resets.

Beeline for the research that lets you automatically get obtanium. Being able to get 1/minute just automatically is great and makes it easy to unlock some of the more powerful upgrades that really change up the way that the game plays.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Everything reincarnation related is blatant padding compared to what you had going before. You will quickly get to around e10 particles and then be locked into a series of day long grinds you can do nothing to speed up, each culminating in about 2 hours of progress before you start on the next one.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
automated obtainium is what your should rush but reincarnation gives more like 2 days later

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
What's bothering me I think is that the game was incremental but not very idle before reincarnation. But after you should just leave it overnight to come back to a big pile of obtainium in the morning. I'm at 1e100 particles and it's very much a "check it twice a day" kind of game now.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Tortolia posted:

Definitely just ride out the two hour timer for now, you'll be done soon enough and once you have some of the v2 accessories and some att/def hacks you can easily do the NRCs then. If you do six (which is easy at v2) then Godmother starts at one hour AKs.

While you're here you can test the waters in Evilverse and PPPL and see what the drop rate looks like, you might be able to start backfilling those set bonuses now.

Cheers for this. What level would you recommend i wait for my V2 accessories to be before i crack on with that? I've got one of each now but they're both just level 5. However I've almost got level 100 on all of the V1 gear and i'm at level 160 in the attack/defence hack.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Synergism is good fun but the pace seems super quick? Must be a lot of people at the end of content waiting for more to be released.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I have unobtainium down to every 4 seconds, i beelined for those upgrades.
Its still not fun gameplay

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Then just wait like 10 hours and spend the 15000 to get the next tier. Then take all the cheap researches and do challenges. After that you will start to get a lot of obtanium from reincarnations. From my first reincarnation to all the mythos layer being automated at 1.00e40 particles when you can buy the 1% mythos gain per second took me a day.

Hryme fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 25, 2020

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Hryme posted:

Synergism is good fun but the pace seems super quick? Must be a lot of people at the end of content waiting for more to be released.

It's probably a week of content? That's about where I am and I'm in the e200s of particles.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Annd I'm done with dealing with both NGU and Synergism. I just can't do these incremental games without playing way too much for such little game.

This poo poo is like the crystal meth of video gaming and it hits me way too well.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm 49 days into NGU and I just realized you can level and maxx boosts
I realized it right now reading your post :ughh:

Well time to level what I got, I'm getting 200s in Badly Drawn World. Also, my drop rate is up and I'm getting gear. One thing that helped is my Sir Lootington III leveled up to King Looty, which gives a 100% drop rate bonus.

edit: Just upgraded the pendant to 3xAscended. Another 100% drop rate bonus. Aww yeah.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 26, 2020

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
King Looty also has a lovely bonus to attack and defense.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I...think I'm missing a boost somewhere for my boosts. 10k's are only giving me 1.6mil roughly. All my boosts are maxxed, and I have all the Perks, Quirks, and long ago got the BDW set bonus. Something weird there..

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

I...think I'm missing a boost somewhere for my boosts. 10k's are only giving me 1.6mil roughly. All my boosts are maxxed, and I have all the Perks, Quirks, and long ago got the BDW set bonus. Something weird there..

What's weird there?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Spazzle posted:

What's weird there?

Yeah, that's not weird. My boosts are also giving me about 1.6 million.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, maybe the Wiki is wrong then which wouldn't surprise me. https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/Boost I was reading that like the 10k boosts are supposed to give 3.6mil.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Manuel Calavera posted:

Oh, maybe the Wiki is wrong then which wouldn't surprise me. https://ngu-idle.fandom.com/wiki/Boost I was reading that like the 10k boosts are supposed to give 3.6mil.

I think with all the recycling you should get something like 3mil from a 10k boost.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah that sounds about right for the series

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spazzle posted:

I think with all the recycling you should get something like 3mil from a 10k boost.

Ohhhhhhh....right, right. I'm dumb then.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Chin Strap posted:

Annd I'm done with dealing with both NGU and Synergism. I just can't do these incremental games without playing way too much for such little game.

This poo poo is like the crystal meth of video gaming and it hits me way too well.

Lol.

IM on like my 5th day of an NGU run, i promise ill rebirth sometime later this week.

And i just saw i havent put anything into my ngu's lol. oh well.

Its an idler :)

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Meskhenet posted:

Lol.

IM on like my 5th day of an NGU run, i promise ill rebirth sometime later this week.

And i just saw i havent put anything into my ngu's lol. oh well.

Its an idler :)

I rebirth every month or two. My last run was like 60 days. My current run is 30 days.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Am I missing some secret to the Synergism challenges? It wasn't too bad getting the first rank in each challenge, but getting the second in the last three, especially the last two, is hellish. I had 10 completions of the no multiplier challenge before I got my 2nd completion of No shards. And still haven't gotten the 2nd completion of the diamonds challenge. Am I missing some secret to doing it, or is it just a matter of grinding up outside the challenge until you basically autocomplete the challenge stages themselves?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

nessin posted:

Am I missing some secret to the Synergism challenges? It wasn't too bad getting the first rank in each challenge, but getting the second in the last three, especially the last two, is hellish. I had 10 completions of the no multiplier challenge before I got my 2nd completion of No shards. And still haven't gotten the 2nd completion of the diamonds challenge. Am I missing some secret to doing it, or is it just a matter of grinding up outside the challenge until you basically autocomplete the challenge stages themselves?

Check your upgrades (there's one that boosts your coin production and a second that boosts mythos production based on total transcensions that will give you boosts of 1e30 and 1e6 respectively if you set your transcension amount to -1 and leave the game sit for a while), check your achievements (anything with a purple background you think you can do easily is worth doing), and then spend your offerings. One or more of those should do the trick and get you spurred forward.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Check your upgrades (there's one that boosts your coin production and a second that boosts mythos production based on total transcensions that will give you boosts of 1e30 and 1e6 respectively if you set your transcension amount to -1 and leave the game sit for a while), check your achievements (anything with a purple background you think you can do easily is worth doing), and then spend your offerings. One or more of those should do the trick and get you spurred forward.

I think I've done all of that and the last two challenges are still roadblocks, and my mythos growth stalls out around 1e130 so the last mythos upgrade is out of reach too.

Cripes it's annoying being unable to automate those last 2 crystal upgrades. I'm getting pretty close to reincarnating so I guess I could just wait for that?

E: lol I got to the reincarnation threshold as I was posting this.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Pigbuster posted:

I think I've done all of that and the last two challenges are still roadblocks, and my mythos growth stalls out around 1e130 so the last mythos upgrade is out of reach too.

Cripes it's annoying being unable to automate those last 2 crystal upgrades. I'm getting pretty close to reincarnating so I guess I could just wait for that?

E: lol I got to the reincarnation threshold as I was posting this.

I'm literally in the exact same state, except I haven't unlocked the 2nd Achievement in the 5th row, and I'm only at e115 Mythos.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Congrats, now that you have reached reincarnation you have unlocked research which will ease and eventually end the transcendence challenge pains you've been having. Make sure to pick up the automatic obtainium gain research as soon as you can, knock the timer to minimum, and buy the tax researches as that will push your progress massively.

With the update I finally managed to finish the third reincarnation challenge, but I still have to wait for the promised anthill. The game wasn't kidding when it said the new researches are expensive goddamn, doesn't help I hosed up and spent my quarks poorly.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

With the update I finally managed to finish the third reincarnation challenge, but I still have to wait for the promised anthill. The game wasn't kidding when it said the new researches are expensive goddamn, doesn't help I hosed up and spent my quarks poorly.

are you me

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Reincarnation did nothing for completing those challenges oh my god I just want those 3rd completions give me a break

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Congrats, now that you have reached reincarnation you have unlocked research which will ease and eventually end the transcendence challenge pains you've been having. Make sure to pick up the automatic obtainium gain research as soon as you can, knock the timer to minimum, and buy the tax researches as that will push your progress massively.

What are the good quark purchases? I'm getting those "the exciting options are way worse than the boring ones" vibes.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Pigbuster posted:

Reincarnation did nothing for completing those challenges oh my god I just want those 3rd completions give me a break

What are the good quark purchases? I'm getting those "the exciting options are way worse than the boring ones" vibes.

autocomplete is bad but satisfying. the timer ones are good I think? idk none of them are game breaking but a level in each automation is good, and the offering one seems good for getting some more progress overnight

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the help and/or purchasing suggestions, yall. I suddenly exploded from e130 mythos to e190 and I haven't the slightest idea why but I'll take it.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Synergism hint, check the patch notes for promo codes. Free quarks!

buffgod
shopequalp2w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Eldercain posted:

autocomplete is bad but satisfying. the timer ones are good I think? idk none of them are game breaking but a level in each automation is good, and the offering one seems good for getting some more progress overnight

Autocomplete actually also increases the amount of offerings/obtainium you get per level of it, and by 14%/10% respectively at max level. With the timer ones, there's a base time limit on how long your reincarnation can go before you start having diminishing returns on offering/obtainium gains from waiting longer to start a new reincarnation (that is, the first hour you might get 1e7 obtainium, but if you wait another hour you might only get an additional 1e6, and the next 1e5, etc. - please note I don't know the actual drop-off formula, I'm just trying to give an example of the idea); the timer ones increase the base time limit so the drop-off takes longer to start ultimately meaning more offerings/obtainium per reincarnation.

I spent heavily on the timer ones which was good, but I also maxed out the 1% increase everywhere which is not nearly as good as maxing the autocompletes and timers. I attribute this to not realizing everything multiple levels of autocomplete would do until I read their green text.

e: Realizing you might be talking about a different shop upgrade - the challenge autocompletion upgrade is at its best when you are just starting reincarnation, once you are at the point where you've finished all 75 levels of the transcendence challenges and bought the researches that automatically finish any manually completed levels of the transcendence challenges, the only thing it really does is speed up the beginning of new reincarnations. Because it's not activated in reincarnation challenges, that 300 quarks goes better to the auto-obtainium and auto-offering upgrades, which is what I meant to describe earlier.

Ignatius M. Meen fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 27, 2020