Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I need a wipe soon before I start buying cosplaying Tarkov off of amazon

edit: holy poo poo lol, my gold star recommendeds are a aluminum splint, and a ledx

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Famethrowa posted:

edit: holy poo poo lol, my gold star recommendeds are a aluminum splint, and a ledx

:allears:

Teaser picture for the Customs expansion

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
what's the point of stationary weapons? Is that like the easiest way to die?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

RattiRatto posted:

pretty much yes but a) they're fun b) they're a potential source of firepower for rats/scavs

and while the machine guns are kind of underwhelming given the downsides, the AGS is absolutely potent enough to be worth using under certain circumstances despite the associated risks

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Even the big streamers will use the AGS on Reserve as it's often a good way to take out Gluhar and his bodyguards. (Does anyone else call him Glucose, or just Anthony Kongphan?)

ShowTime posted:

Yesterday Nikita talked for like 10 minutes on a podcast about 12.6. It's done, but is riddled with bugs and they are working on fixing them all before it's released (how that is called done, i'll never know, but whatever).

It's kind of an alpha level of done, as development goes. The parts they want to add/fix this patch are in there and generally working, now they need to deal with the holes and exceptions.

quote:

Oh god. Tarkov nerds on Amazon:

https://imgur.com/rlnHeFH

All it needs is some Tushonka and we're stylin'. :chef:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Doodles posted:

Does anyone else call him Glucose

Yes. Sugar daddy got himself a fine ASh.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

ShowTime posted:

Yesterday I got killed in the first couple of minutes when I loaded in late to Shoreline. I got killed by a person with TTV in the name and I obviously had to check it out. Unlike most people with TTV in the name, this person was actually live.

While it was a guy from a 5-man squad (technically a 6-man squad, but i'll get into that), all running Thermals, the person who got the killing blow had a really interesting setup. Turns out, this guy is a paraplegic.Quadriplegic? He had a stroke and then an aneurysm and something like none of his body works. So how he plays is his assistant uses the keyboard for movement while he plays with an eyetracker and facial movements. Where he looks, he aims. By making different gestures with his face, he can shoot, ADS, etc. It was incredibly cool and the dude had killer aim. If I can remember the channel name, i'll link it. His assistant was talking with chat and they all seemed like a friendly bunch. The assistant basically does everything but aim and push the fire button.

Just makes you think about who is playing this game and how they are playing. Dude even had a Kappa container, so definitely puts in work.

There used to be a goon in EVE Online that was a paraplegic. It was amazing looking at his setup.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

RattiRatto posted:

I got a s i c k nasty double kill on a trio before dying to their friend. It *melts* players so if they're surprised it's an instant win.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Mortlock posted:

There used to be a goon in EVE Online that was a paraplegic. It was amazing looking at his setup.

That would be one Gommel Nox, aka AccessibleGamer, who has his own Twitch channel as well as moderating the Reddit board on the subject. Dude's earned mad props for promoting gaming for everyone.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So recently I've been just playing in the offline mode. One thing I struggle with in this game is target identification. I don't know why but I struggle SO bad with seeing people to shoot. So in offline mode I just up the scav count put on the bosses and go at it. I feel like my reaction time is improving a little and I am getting practice with the expensive guns.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
PREWIPE HAS BEGUN RIGHT NOW

All scavs now raiders, Bless nikita

Countdown to wipe begins.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
hell yes

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cool, just a few more months to wipe then

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Cool, just a few more months to wipe then

Nikita said he wanted the pre-wipe to only run 3-5 days so fingers crossed!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Bang3r posted:

Nikita said he wanted the pre-wipe to only run 3-5 days so fingers crossed!

I honestly believe him this time. He got a poo poo load of "feedback" for the pre-wipe being so long last time.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
the wipe will be before christmas, book it

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, but what year?

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

As someone with poo poo gear, this pre-wipe stuff is very scary. Idk if i can commit to buy ammo that costs more than my gun so i can actually kill these raiders in less than 2 mags.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

As someone with poo poo gear, this pre-wipe stuff is very scary. Idk if i can commit to buy ammo that costs more than my gun so i can actually kill these raiders in less than 2 mags.

Well everything you own will go poof in a few days so now is the time to go all out!

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

if you want a bunch of free stuff jump into any active discord channel. most of us will shower you with obscenely over the top kits if you need it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The raiders are not on every map, they were on customs and shoreline but not on interchange or reserve.

But really this is perfect for someone with poo poo gear, every body is overflowing with upgrades. Also Xp for killing raiders is great, I got 12k for 4 kills on shoreline.

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
Fun Shoe

Bucnasti posted:

The raiders are not on every map, they were on customs and shoreline but not on interchange or reserve.

But really this is perfect for someone with poo poo gear, every body is overflowing with upgrades. Also Xp for killing raiders is great, I got 12k for 4 kills on shoreline.

they are 100000% on reserve I've been farming them the last few hours.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

I fear the p scavs more than players at this point. They have nothing to lose and it's obscenely easy for them to yoink upgrades after spawning.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Wipe is tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1265723529246507009?s=20

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Holy poo poo, that is wayyyyyy sooner than I think anyone expected.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

"When you exit with the status "run through” or death, all items in your inventory that you brought out lose the "found in the raid” status"

fuuuuck. RIP scav quest collect-a-thon runs

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't think it's that hard to avoid run through status, just seaching/looting xp can get around it

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
and now 10 minutes spent in the raid, they changed that too.

Also they simplified jaeger's quests thank god

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

IronicDongz posted:

I don't think it's that hard to avoid run through status, just seaching/looting xp can get around it

Or death.

Meaning anything you shove in your Secured before you die will not be found in raid and unsellable. Not a 100% fix for hatchlings, but certainly a deterrent.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Or death.

Meaning anything you shove in your Secured before you die will not be found in raid and unsellable. Not a 100% fix for hatchlings, but certainly a deterrent.

Someone didn’t read all the QOL vandalisms in the patch notes...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

hakimashou posted:

Someone didn’t read all the QOL vandalisms in the patch notes...

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What does that have to do with what you quoted?

ah yeah nevermind i misread it

i'd just got done reading that sad catalogue of abominations 'the patch' notes and i guess my eyes didnt want to see anymore

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Since it's my first wipe, anyone have advice on the best way to have fun and/or progress at the start of the wipe? I've heard that servers might be overloaded, which I'm expecting, but assuming I get to play, is there anything in particular I should be doing other than mainlining quests? I'm guessing FiR keys required for quests are going to be very valuable, since if anyone ever takes one with them into a raid you can't sell it anymore.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hakimashou posted:

ah yeah nevermind i misread it

i'd just got done reading that sad catalogue of abominations 'the patch' notes and i guess my eyes didnt want to see anymore

lol

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
Sounds like a lot of good changes.

We will have to wait and see what the quests look like, but I’m pretty eager to see how the economy and flea market look after these updates.

They also increased the experience required for levels 1-20, so that will prolong the early wipe a bit.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Let me know how you guys are liking it. I have been taking a break and likely won't get back to playing for a month or so. Still curious about how the changes are working out.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
pour one out for peak tarkov :(

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
:hf:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

ThePineapple posted:

Since it's my first wipe, anyone have advice on the best way to have fun and/or progress at the start of the wipe? I've heard that servers might be overloaded, which I'm expecting, but assuming I get to play, is there anything in particular I should be doing other than mainlining quests? I'm guessing FiR keys required for quests are going to be very valuable, since if anyone ever takes one with them into a raid you can't sell it anymore.

The only thing you should ever really aspire to in tapkob is to shoot people and take their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Looks like there's been some adjustments to the flea market stuff. Weapons don't have to be found in raid to sell, like before, but everything else is still found in raid only to sell on flea. Runthroughs take found in raid off any items brought back, and items in your secure lose found in raid if you die.

600 XP OR 10+ minutes spent inraid will help you avoid a runthrough, now. That's a very nice change.

Lastly, thermals won't work through glass now. That ought to be very interesting.