Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean to be honest the anime ended at a pretty good place. There's more story to tell but if you end it there it feels like a pretty satisfying ending with the potential for more but not more needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ging and gon on the tree is the ending as far as I'm concerned

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
ADTRW > Hunter x Hunter: Thread has finally reached the 'Acceptance' stage

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like if you wanted an ending that encapsulated the series it would be abruptly cutting off Kuripica while in the middle of a drawn out explanation

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

April Fools Day can GO to HELL

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

April Fools Day can GO to HELL

It's march 31st and nobody has heard any announcement. What could you possibly have expected?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
what nen power is this

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
related

https://mangadex.org/title/45904/a-manga-world-that-gets-one-page-once-a-year

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

OK, I laughed. "It's the Reiwa Era, baby!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure how this is related, this manga has actually updated on time 100% of the time, it's pretty much the anti-HxH.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Brought To You By posted:

It's march 31st and nobody has heard any announcement. What could you possibly have expected?

What does it say though? Any Latin experts here?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whenever there's a joke latin wall of text, it is always machine translated. so, it almost certainly says incoherent gibberish.

there's no point in expecting cleverness from april fool's jokes on a manga piracy site.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it's lorem ipsum, literally meaningless placeholder text

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

it's lorem ipsum, literally meaningless placeholder text

For reference: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

It’s actually not completely meaningless; it’s a distorted version of a passage from Cicero.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 1, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have decided that if there ever was a podcast about crazy conspiracy theories hosted by Killua's brother it should be called Illumi Nutty

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Artelier posted:

I have decided that if there ever was a podcast about crazy conspiracy theories hosted by Killua's brother it should be called Illumi Nutty

nice

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Brought To You By posted:

ADTRW > Hunter x Hunter: Thread has finally reached the 'Acceptance' stage
:catstare:

Artelier posted:

I appreciate this. :3:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/idledee/status/1251757704130912258

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The dad should have been named Gone.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/tomoyanandayo/status/1262761793602023426?s=20

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Welp. Time to make our own hunter hunters.

My fan comic will explore the adventures of Gona, a young girl bursting with life and potential as she tries to achieve the title of Dream Hunter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'll go ahead and make a feature complete MMO of Greed Island.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
SO I finally binge watched the anime (is this just a general HxH thread?) after always seeing people talk about it. It was overall ok, as far as I'm concerned the Chimera Ant arc was far and away better than anything else and I loving cried my eyes out at episode 138? For real did not care about watching it after that, that was the ending of the anime for me. Looked up the chairmen arc and it just looked like generic boring shounen plot stuff so I passed.

Also I have no intention of starting a manga that will never be finished.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You're missing out on Alluka and how we must all come together to protect her smile

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hilarious! But that also hurt.

TowerofOil posted:

SO I finally binge watched the anime (is this just a general HxH thread?) after always seeing people talk about it. It was overall ok, as far as I'm concerned the Chimera Ant arc was far and away better than anything else and I loving cried my eyes out at episode 138? For real did not care about watching it after that, that was the ending of the anime for me. Looked up the chairmen arc and it just looked like generic boring shounen plot stuff so I passed.

You have no obligation to like the story in any way, but I really wonder how you got "generic boring shounen plot" for the chairman arc. I get "Oh hey an arc about people politicking that's not why I read this" or maybe "It focuses on characters I'm not interested in" or perhaps "That's not topping the Chimera Ant arc" but to look at the summary of the chairman arc and see "generic shounen plot" is very...baffling to me.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

TowerofOil posted:

If you got through the chunk of Greed Island that wasn’t Biscuit Kruger’s School For People Who Can’t Nen Good And Want To Play Volleyball Good Too then it’s honestly puzzling if you’re not down for generic boring shonen. :v:

But yeah, I kinda feel like you’d be doing yourself a disservice by not watching the rest, the Chairman Arc is pretty great because the main “antagonist” is a smug piece of poo poo that delights in pissing everyone around him off who’s taking the generic boring shonen plot too seriously. And like someone else said, it teaches us all how to protect Alluka’s smile.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Last Celebration posted:

If you got through the chunk of Greed Island that wasn’t Biscuit Kruger’s School For People Who Can’t Nen Good And Want To Play Volleyball Good Too then it’s honestly puzzling if you’re not down for generic boring shonen. :v:

But yeah, I kinda feel like you’d be doing yourself a disservice by not watching the rest, the Chairman Arc is pretty great because the main “antagonist” is a smug piece of poo poo that delights in pissing everyone around him off who’s taking the generic boring shonen plot too seriously. And like someone else said, it teaches us all how to protect Alluka’s smile.

I seriously almost stopped watching during greed island. I did just a quick look at the chairman story and when I saw that kite was literally resurrected and gon was healed by basically a genie after the huge emotional impact of the previous arc I just wasn't interested. I'm probably just a weirdo you can yell at me for it I understand.

Also there better be an afterlife in this universe where meruem and komugi can be together.

TowerofOil fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 27, 2020

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TowerofOil posted:

TowerofOil posted:

I seriously almost stopped watching during greed island. I did just a quick look at the chairman story and when I saw that kite was literally resurrected and gon was healed by basically a genie after the huge emotional impact of the previous arc I just wasn't interested. I'm probably just a weirdo you can yell at me for it I understand.

Also there better be an afterlife in this universe where meruem and komugi can be together.

You should watch the election arc. Reading summaries is not going to do it justice.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Just finish the series bc it ends on a good point? Like the anime endings a good enough stopping point that many ppl consider it the real ending since the mangas never gonna get finished.

imagine writing off the chimera arc bc you read a summary and went oh its just cell and gon gets some rage powerup or something lol standard shonen poo poo

Kild fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 27, 2020

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's overall almost inarguably the best shounen anime ever, if you felt it was overall "ok" and felt the need to peek ahead at plot points to see whether it was 'worth' continuing, then it's safe to say it's not for you and don't bother.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

TowerofOil posted:

To be clear, Gon only gets his body healed. He still can’t use Nen.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

TowerofOil posted:

Nah, I don’t really think you’re a weirdo, especially if you’re not watching the dub so you can’t just binge the rest in the background like i did for large chunks of Greed Island. I just feel like Gon’s resurrection largely works in the meta-context of it very much not being for Gon, it’s for the readers who stuck with Hiatus x Hiatus as long as they did, and even an asspull isn’t enough to fix Gon properly since he can’t use his Nen anymore. I guess how I’d put it is that I’d feel ripped off if he never got healed, but mostly because Killua didn’t deserve that; my sympathy for the kid who literally punches the ground out of sheer frustration that he can’t murder a blind girl in his quest for vengeance is slightly more limited.

Also I kind of felt like the Kite thing only makes Gon-san a stronger moment in practice, since it was all for nothing instead of his hosed in the head idea of redemption.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

TowerofOil posted:

The Chairman arc is less about Gon or even politics so much as it's the Very Killua Arc, so if you're into Killua, stick it out, and if not, it probably won't be for you and that's okay. Killua is my favorite character, though, so I enjoyed it.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The start of the Chairman arc had one of my favourite small conversations between bloodthirsty Hisoka and cold calculating Illumi which was basically

Illumi: What've you been up to man

Hisoka: Just spent like a year chasing down Chrollo after his Nen got fixed but didn't catch him

Illumi: ...you weren't fighting the incredibly strong new species that popped out of nowhere and would've been great for you as someone who lives to fight

Hisoka: .... :(

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Artelier posted:

The start of the Chairman arc had one of my favourite small conversations between bloodthirsty Hisoka and cold calculating Illumi which was basically

Illumi: What've you been up to man

Hisoka: Just spent like a year chasing down Chrollo after his Nen got fixed but didn't catch him

Illumi: ...you weren't fighting the incredibly strong new species that popped out of nowhere and would've been great for you as someone who lives to fight

Hisoka: .... :(

I love this scene because the two of them are being normal.

Chairman arc was my favorite arc in the series. And that's even with me not liking the Alluka thing

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

TowerofOil posted:

Listen everyone loves the ending to Chimera Ant but I never see anyone talking about the 5 episode detour where Gon and Killua suddenly become very interested in finding and making forged pots, because imo thats the best part of the show

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yorknew was a loving trip. Also, all the nods to real-life places in NYC are a big part of why is still one of my fave arcs.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Artelier posted:

Hilarious! But that also hurt.

It won't hurt me until Luffy walks past. Now that'll kill me.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Can't imagine watching over 100 episodes of hxh and deciding to stop before the actual emotional payoff of the entire show, leorio punching ging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't particularly interesting or noteworthy how everyone gon met that knew ging talked about how great he was. but then it turned out that everything they said was, uh, shall we say selective truths because they liked gon and didn't want to have to tell him his long lost dad was an rear end in a top hat.

it's too bad that gon's adventures are over, but that was an amazing way to end his search for ging.