Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Mnoba posted:

worldometer ticked over 100k is what i have been using, which is better?

Worldometer is a lot faster but every media outlet references Johns Hopkins and won't report until they confirm it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Joe Rogan is the guy from Fear Factor. That's it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Worldometer is a lot faster but every media outlet references Johns Hopkins and won't report until they confirm it.

Who decided the college that produced Ben Carson gets to be the authority on it?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
bill murray 2020?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Bill Murray doesn't have Twitter, that's a fake tweet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

smoobles posted:

Bill Murray doesn't have Twitter, that's a fake tweet

Dammit you're right :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Joe organ posts now get 24 hours min

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Burt Sexual posted:

How about Joe Exotic? He got corona in prison.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Your Shoes posted:

How about Joe Exotic? He got corona in prison.

You get a gift card

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

TontoCorazon posted:

You get a gift card

gently caress yeah, is it Red lobster????

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Burt Sexual posted:

Christ I wish you could moderate reality

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Your Shoes posted:

It's a gift card for the sad tiger zoo

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

Your Shoes posted:

It's for Zooters

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

TontoCorazon posted:

It's a gift card for the sad tiger zoo

Now I am sad.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, you guys posting pictures of burt's cooking really pissed them off, huh?

I think my favorite thing about trump's blatant racism is that he still posts like he thinks the only possible way the global pandemic reached the us was from it's country of origin and it couldn't have come from the entire rest of the planet that is also infected.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Lol at people trying to get twitter to remove trump posts when they should be frozen in time for nov elections and future aliens to see.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Is California in for another summer without power during this pandemic as their bafflingly terrible privatized utility holds them all hostage for immunity from liabilities again?

yes, unless you live in sacramento county

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
in my opinion, the response to the pandemic has been bad

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

SHISHKABOB posted:

in my opinion, the response to the pandemic has been bad

Hey, let's not get political all of a sudden.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

There have been bad responses on both sides.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

There have been bad responses on both sides.

The truth is somewhere in the miHWUUURGH

/dies of ARDS

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
According to this article in Norwegian (NRK is our BBC and fairly trustworthy) the flu season over here only lasted between 2 and 3 weeks and sales of antibiotics and penicillin is down 67 and 38 percent. Cases of diarrhea are also down.
https://www.nrk.no/norge/koronatiltakene-har-gjort-oss-friskere-1.15029467

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Get used to it, the Trump people are going all-in on Internet ad poo poo this year

It baffles me that there are still people who choose the see ads on the internet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

poverty goat posted:

It baffles me that there are still people who choose the see ads on the internet

They are the majority of internet users, and iirc, way more likely to vote

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

corona virus now officially worse than the Vietnam and Korean war combined. coming up fast on World War 1

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

greazeball posted:

In general, I think the feds did a good job of waiting juuuust long enough, so that people were starting to get nervous and starting to wonder when someone was going to do something. I feel like if they had imposed the measures a week earlier, the "it's just the flu" brigade would have been bolder with their protests. Because things were already so bad in Italy and Ticino, and since the measures were less restrictive than other places, I think people were willing to take collective action.

They share salads, chips, etc. but everyone brings their own meat, it's really weird. And you all huddle over the grill trying to cook your chicken skewer or horrible cervela on this uneven flame and people look surprised when you have extra chicken wings to share.

Has 7 Machos reopened on the Bärenplatz yet? Two tacos for $13 but they are at least real tacos (El Mexicano isn't bad but yeah the prices).

I think their strategy of opening up incrementally every two weeks was a really good strategy, to see the effects.

WRT grilling, if you are grilling in public you can 100% expect someone to come up and ask if they can just put their stuff on your grill an dthey'll just kind of show up every 5 minutes to flip it. It is odd at first but efficient, quite efficient indeed.

I could go on for days about the Swiss national psyche but I think what is important to know is that they basically have been in a very safe place for a very long time, which has afforded them the ability to build a system that allows the development of extraordinary competence, but often only in context. It's sort of like having just the best playground in the world. If you want to learn how to be a hairdresser, you will learn everything you need. If you want to be a cashier, you can (and must) get an internship to prepare you for this. If you want to trade currencies, you will have the best education. You then couple this with a lean Federal system and a strong social safety net (despite quite low taxes, especially in certain cantons) you get a feeling that you'll be fine no matter what. And while it has created a country that has responded extraordinarily well to the virus (from most infections per capita out of 'real' countries to basically fine now, also the economy is going to churn along just fine imo, certainly by relative standards and possibly even by absolute standards) you will get situations like my friend observed where in Australia a bike rental store had to refuse service to some Swiss people who thought they could bike across the country.

No idea about either of those, but the Bigote Verde delivers, which is what I was referring to.

Funny that there are a lot of Bern goons. Very goony city, imo.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

#fakenews.

If only Bill Murray was the political commentator we wish our cool leftist celebrities should be.

coronavirus fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 27, 2020

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Man basically everything is opening up in Switzerland next weekend, even nightclubs.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bollig posted:

Man basically everything is opening up in Switzerland next weekend, even nightclubs.

and funeral parlors!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

bollig posted:

Velcome to ze chocolate vault!

Oontz oontz oontz

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Rutibex posted:

and funeral parlors!

This is actually really important because I can't imagine how hard it must have been in Italy for example not being able to hold a funeral for someone after also not being able to visit them in the hospital.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/rafaandaliri/status/1265199564274888706?s=21

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

im imagining the guy has one of those receivers police talk into and hes making the noises as he drives

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

This man has been driven mad by his isolation but, like Quixote, it is a glorious madness. Quarantine worth it!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

20 Blunts posted:

im imagining the guy has one of those receivers police talk into and hes making the noises as he drives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAHUNgoJQPw

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

bollig posted:

I could go on for days about the Swiss national psyche...

Yeah, love it or hate it, the Swiss mentality is pretty well suited to consensus-reaching. There's an actual history of listening to all* sides, weighing up options, considering alternatives, establishing evaluation criteria, measuring the effects of a decision, etc. (*let's not be naive about this though) So people generally believe in the importance of the decision-making process and therefore trust that decisions are made properly and will generally comply with them. The Swiss are generally rule-followers and also super petty narcs on top of that which also boosts compliance.

That's all completely anecdotal personal opinion though. I rarely read Swiss news in general and I've been avoiding all news for a while now for stress/anxiety reasons so maybe I'm off base with some of that. There are stats on the Swiss trust in the police and federal government though: https://www.credit-suisse.com/media...arometer-en.pdf

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I wish I was this motivated and not horribly depressed right now!

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

"Much very good information" is some doge stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost