Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

porque no los dos?

the guy hooting about 1.1m dead being fine, you peek at his posts and it turns out his family owns a restaurant and he's mad he can't make his employees go back to work during a pandemic.

Every fuckin' time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

two sides :byodame:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
You can't be both dead and unemployed

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Young guy's getting fired

Good for him

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Masks also foil the surveillance state

It's good

Not for long tho

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/03/how-china-built-facial-recognition-for-people-wearing-masks/?comments=1

quote:

Hanwang, the facial-recognition company that has placed 2 million of its cameras at entrance gates across the world, started preparing for the coronavirus in early January.

Since then, demand has soared, from police stations, railway stations and all the office towers that use Hanwang’s cameras to screen employees, and Mr Huang reassigned teams of people to work on the challenge.

The company now says its masked facial recognition program has reached 95 percent accuracy in lab tests, and even claims that it is more accurate in real life, where its cameras take multiple photos of a person if the first attempt to identify them fails.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Behold the power of two masks!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm going to an even MORE remote location for my surgery rotation and man the history section of their wiki is really burying the lede

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

mlao joe's body language

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ah but what about a mask AND SHADES

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/baltimoresun/status/1265649045692956673

OH

WORD?????

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

gradenko_2000 posted:

ah but what about a mask AND SHADES

:aaaaa: :aaaaa: :aaaaa:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

clockwork chaos posted:

Behold the power of two masks!

I guess the question is how are they supposedly foiling masks?

It would be easy as hell to add some additional density to a mask, or materials to mess with infrared or whatever they're using.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

oglethorpe2020 posted:

join the SRA buy a gun

lol in january i had too many drinks and started freely giving this advice to the other traveling contractors i was drinking with. one of them is from minneapolis and started breaking my balls about being a redneck prepper for the rest of the night. i'm going to give it a couple more days before i check in on him

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Feral Integral posted:

mlao joe's body language

yeah the way he just grimaces and locks up when sorkin tells him "all you did was try to help your friend the president" is pretty great

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Rauros posted:

two sides :byodame:
hey! i know it seems annoying but how else will we get the perspective of MY RIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!!!?
like, seriously, i know what they're going to say, i know it's without value, i don't need to hear it again in a sillier accent

MorrisBae posted:

Young guy's getting fired

Good for him
he looiks straight up ready to rock his face
https://twitter.com/PEHJackson/status/1265391100296138753

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
to be honest I don't know how anyone on the left watches the news these days without going "oh, we're on the losing side of an arms race"

there's no victory to be had in some supposed moral high ground of going "Well actually I think we should ban all of those" to a bunch of nazis about to plug you full of lead

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

InsertPotPun posted:

hey! i know it seems annoying but how else will we get the perspective of MY RIIIIIIIIIIIGHTS!!!?
like, seriously, i know what they're going to say, i know it's without value, i don't need to hear it again in a sillier accent

he looiks straight up ready to rock his face
https://twitter.com/PEHJackson/status/1265391100296138753

Buy this guy an account

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/bizteachroz/status/1265667514706657280

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

One of my mom's Medicare caregivers who works as a nurse around "non-COVID patients" is in the hospital for pneumonia. She last visited 21 days ago. It doesn't really make sense to have a Medicare caregiver coming around, because I can be the one doing that, but it's a "she'll lose her Medicare unless she has it continually because of means-testing" situation

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

mad.radhu posted:

to be honest I don't know how anyone on the left watches the news these days without going "oh, we're on the losing side of an arms race"

there's no victory to be had in some supposed moral high ground of going "Well actually I think we should ban all of those" to a bunch of nazis about to plug you full of lead

i don't think private gun ownership has anything to do with the arms race. the guns that matter are carried by the cops.

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

Iron Crowned posted:

It would be easy as hell to add some additional density to a mask, or materials to mess with infrared or whatever they're using.

Facial recognition companies have been focusing on ears for over a decade, also walking stride

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/DisneyFoodBlog/status/1265633494010601472?s=20

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Meanwhile in FL

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1265642438410080257

https://mobile.twitter.com/DisneyFoodBlog/status/1265633494010601472

This is not the theme park, it is just a retail store

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

COVID-420 posted:

i don't think private gun ownership has anything to do with the arms race. the guns that matter are carried by the cops.

oh well that's solved then, job done

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oglethorpe2020 posted:

Facial recognition companies have been focusing on ears for over a decade, also walking stride

whew good thing my hair covers my ears and I also don't go outside

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol they're going to do atlanta comic con

that means they're going to try to do dragoncon

i literally cannot imagine a worst thing to do than host dragoncon. if shuffling shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of sweaty nerds over 4 hotels for a weekend doesn't do, the open air late night orgies certainly will

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

welp I think I'm getting asked back into the office tomorrow and it's stressing me out big time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

mad.radhu posted:

leftists don't want to ban guns, that's liberals

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Taintrunner posted:

no lmao

enjoy the rona!

Jesus dude youre unleashed these days

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

oglethorpe2020 posted:

you put a pebble in your shoe and you've defeated gait analysis. and since we're all growing out our hair, you put that over your ears and under you hat

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

to a certain extent I can understand the people who are so frustrated by the lockdown/staying inside/whatever that they are willing to risk going to the beach, park, or hell even a gym but waiting 3 hours in line to buy some lovely Disney merchandise is just mind boggling to me

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

MorrisBae posted:

So this is an actual thing, I stand corrected

https://twitter.com/t0nit0ne/status/1263151630314242048

ahhhh poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

lol they're going to do atlanta comic con

that means they're going to try to do dragoncon

i literally cannot imagine a worst thing to do than host dragoncon. if shuffling shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of sweaty nerds over 4 hotels for a weekend doesn't do, the open air late night orgies certainly will

lol dragoncon and gencon are hotspots for giardiasis in the best of times

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
gently caress double post

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

oglethorpe2020 posted:

join the SRA buy a gun

TFR was right all along

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Iron Crowned posted:

i remember reading somewhere that facial recognition software targets the area where nose eye and forehead meet. so occluding that area with makeup can help foil it

Apr 7, 2003

slave to my cravings posted:

to a certain extent I can understand the people who are so frustrated by the lockdown/staying inside/whatever that they are willing it to go to the beach, park, or hell even a gym but waiting 3 hours in line to buy some lovely Disney merchandise is just mind boggling to me

Our religion is consumption

note that when we went inside and only started spending money on essentials the economy collapsed lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/jlgoldmankeen/status/1265499125342142469?s=21

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Our religion is consumption

note that when we went inside and only started spending money on essentials the economy collapsed lol

But the economy didn't collapse! The Dow Jones is back up p to 25,000! The President said everything is good and we are transitioning to GREATNESS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

I think the universal response to any of these videos should just be "your roots are showing"