Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Lambert posted:

You're right, they were acting like Bernie was as tough as Joe, which is demonstrably untrue.

He's been talking about what a good candidate Joe is and what a great president he would make non-stop, even before Joe's lead was insurmountable. Bernie is very correct about that one, but he's certainly not standing his ground and getting any concessions for his "movement". Bernie knows when to fall in line, which I appreciate. It's "Not Me, Us" after all.

gently caress off and die

your only purpose here is to stir poo poo up about a podcast you hate. you loving suck dude

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The North Tower posted:

I like Nick’s approach of: eat poo poo you piggies, you’re going to listen to me get all of the clothing for RDR2. When I’m bored I’ll count change so you can enjoy the slop.

Yeah but the change counting was very funny imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If they actually do a tableread of a movie script like Matt and Will keep threatening to do, that's going to be by far the worst content they have ever produced.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The episode about the "why do people let Trump be unmanly" article is really good. I found myself wanting very much to bully the living poo poo out of this Tom Nichols prick.

Also, it's been too long since I listened to any Village People songs. They were pretty darn good.

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 27, 2020

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Bloomberg wrote a piece about Chapo and Street Fight.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-26/chapo-trap-house-and-leftist-podcasts-seek-future-without-sanders

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prefect posted:

The episode about the "why do people let Trump be unmanly" article is really good. I found myself wanting very much to bully the living poo poo out of this Tom Nichols prick.

He's had more than one meltdown on Twitter after he had some poo poo take about the left or when people point out Trump isn't some aberration and he was cool with the GOP up until Trump came around.

lol

quote:

Financial backers of conservative wunderkind Ben Shapiro have spent more than $1.3 million on ads driving people to his Facebook page, more than any mainstream media organization spent on ads on the social media site.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 27, 2020

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I know his movies are hard to get a hold of legally, but I would really love a chapo episode about Neil Breen. Felix would definitely identify him as having an Alpha Mindset, and at the end of the day, the general thrust of Neil Breen's politics are pretty much entirely accurate.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Goa Tse-tung posted:

don't post literal nazis in here thanks

The chapo to fash pipeline is real

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't pretend to understand how the Right tolerates Trump being a mincing sissy, but I knew that this Nichols article was bullshit from the get-go because he starts by talking about Trump's most dependable voter, the working class white man.

Trump's base is old affluent white people, not working class white people. His base is only "working class" if your definition of that is "lacking a college degree." They vote for whoever the Republicans are running because they want tax cuts and incentives and legislation that benefits affluent white people, and they often get it.

Liberal pundits can't assimilate this simple statistic because, despite being obsessed with facts and logic and reason and credentials, they're allergic to materialist analysis. Oh, and also because they themselves get a lot of mileage out of misusing the word "base" so as to defend their beloved Party.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't pretend to understand how the Right tolerates Trump being a mincing sissy

Trump has this really weird energy that I mostly associate with septuagenarian former drag queens who hang out at leather bars during the afternoon and say things to the bartender like "Jeremy your arm muscles are getting much bigger than they used to be"

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

The North Tower posted:

I like Nick’s approach of: eat poo poo you piggies, you’re going to listen to me get all of the clothing for RDR2. When I’m bored I’ll count change so you can enjoy the slop.

To be fair the episode where they do a crossword puzzle was hilarious.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Eegah! posted:

the most recent example, when they play earpiecing boatswain whistle noises to figure out the one that Star Trek used was equally hilarious for how brutally bad it was

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Love the Chapo as just another media company framing of the article. Compared to Disney no less.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Of course an outlet like Bloomberg is going to discuss all private entities as equal actors in a free market, the political leverage of capital being neither here nor there.

Edit: I'm actually surprised that they acknowledge people like Ben Shapiro have backing while left media is almost entirely grassroots.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 27, 2020

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I really, really, really hate when they loving burp on cumtown. I don't care about playing modern warfare or counting change or just clearly not giving a poo poo (actually pretty funny) but the burping drives me nuts

Anyways that's my story thanks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
https://twitter.com/PineyMcknuckle/status/1265673728186355713?s=19

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

terrorist ambulance posted:

I really, really, really hate when they loving burp on cumtown. I don't care about playing modern warfare or counting change or just clearly not giving a poo poo (actually pretty funny) but the burping drives me nuts

Anyways that's my story thanks

I don’t think they really burp on cum town. Stav will Fart into the mic and then gag at the smell of his own fart but I can’t think of very many burps.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I don’t think they really burp on cum town. Stav will Fart into the mic and then gag at the smell of his own fart but I can’t think of very many burps.

I dunno they did on a pretty recent one and I was owned

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1265694655661957120?s=20

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
tbf they did seem to be flailing a bit when they did those commentaries (they were pretty funny tho)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

that article says (or at least did when i skimmed it) the pod started in 2017...... lying fake news media at it again

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

that article says (or at least did when i skimmed it) the pod started in 2017...... lying fake news media at it again

Obviously it wasn't really Chapo Trap House until Virgil and Amber became official cast members.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/JP_Books/status/1263542046037598214?s=20

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't pretend to understand how the Right tolerates Trump being a mincing sissy.

I think the podcast had it right when they boiled it down to Trump just being a nasty prick who doesn't apologize at heart, and all the rest isn't that important. That is the American (suburban, white) Man, petty, selfish, and mean-spirited. All the traditionally macho stuff is just window dressing and/or a manifestation of their insecurities and spite.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

quote:

Michael Keating is a former Navy SEAL -- and a former President of the United States...

Thanks, I hate it.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Eegah! posted:

Oh I’ve listened to every episode of Cum Town. I’m the piggy. Some of the best episodes are the ones where it seems like they’re purposely trying to destroy the podcast.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joementum posted:

Thanks, I hate it.

Wait it's not even the same president as in The President is Missing?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Human Tornada posted:

I think the podcast had it right when they boiled it down to Trump just being a nasty prick who doesn't apologize at heart, and all the rest isn't that important. That is the American (suburban, white) Man, petty, selfish, and mean-spirited. All the traditionally macho stuff is just window dressing and/or a manifestation of their insecurities and spite.

As has been said, the people who like Trump because he’s their rear end in a top hat are understandable. It’s the ones who see Trump as an honest, noble, self-sacrificing crusader for decency who suffer from Lovecraftian madness.

Biden lines up in so many ways, from atrocities like downplaying a pandemic to hurt their political opponents, to little things like baffling dog-based insults. The crucial difference is that Trump fights for his base and against their enemies, or at least tries to appears to do so. Biden alternates between hiding and deliberately quashing his base’s hopes. And yet a huge movement of people were so fired up by these acts of uninspiration that they went out in a lethal pandemic to vote against things they like.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 27, 2020

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

The North Tower posted:

Oh I’ve listened to every episode of Cum Town. I’m the piggy. Some of the best episodes are the ones where it seems like they’re purposely trying to destroy the podcast.

The only episode I genuinely thought was horrible and sad was when Nick had a psychotic break that was triggered after a roast battle with Jamie Kilstein.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Remember when Bernie Sanders pretended to be a Montagnard from the highlands of Vietnam for 68 years?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
That Pepin the Short rant is an all-star.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
concerning the Joe Biden episode: how does one criticize the 1619 project without coming across as a Lost Cause idiot?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Race Realists posted:

concerning the Joe Biden episode: how does one criticize the 1619 project without coming across as a Lost Cause idiot?

They said that the 1619 project is 100% focused on race and ignores economic motivations entirely.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Race Realists posted:

WSWS has been going off for a long rear end time about how the 1619 project sucks poo poo. I’m too lazy to find it but that would be a good place to start looking If you’re curious

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

littleorv posted:

WSWS has been going off for a long rear end time about how the 1619 project sucks poo poo. I’m too lazy to find it but that would be a good place to start looking If you’re curious

link please

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

littleorv posted:

which lead to the really funny incident of ted cruz linking a WSWS critique of the thing

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The new ep was funny but even ironic forgiveness of Rachel Dolezal is too much, in my opinion. I get Amber's point that she's the end result of incoherent idpol neuroses (not sure I totally agree, but whatever), but that woman is still a piece of poo poo and there's nothing charming about her.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Unless there is a super dark side to Dolezal that I’m unaware of, I’m not sure why I’m supposed to think she’s a piece of poo poo with no charming qualities.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Kingfish posted:

Unless there is a super dark side to Dolezal that I’m unaware of, I’m not sure why I’m supposed to think she’s a piece of poo poo with no charming qualities.

Choice of words, here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
there's a million white women on twitter acting black for evil reasons more deserving of ire than the woman with black sons

or that her fraud was exposed because her brother hired a private investigator who made it a media sensation because she and their other sister pressed charges against him for sexual abuse when they were preteens.