Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Well I don't know anything about that, but I do know that most african americans outside of one or two cities live in the south east, which is nothing but sunlight. African Americans living in Atlanta aren't getting covid because of low vitamin d levels due to climate.

And then weirdly african americans have lower rates of osteoporotic fractures but that could also just be due to not getting adequate healthcare.

im currently working in meth world USA and i very rarely see anyone under 40 with low vitamin d levels, and these people only go outside to sell the copper wiring they've stolen from abandoned houses.

but who the gently caress knows at this point. worst hting that happens from taking a supplement is you get expensive pee.

I live in NYC and my parents are upstate and Vitamin D deficiency is something we share. I dont have a deficient diet and never have (other than lovely cheese and meat) and low Vitamin D is always a concern to me and most other black ppl I know too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

oglethorpe2020 posted:

Facial recognition companies have been focusing on ears for over a decade, also walking stride

good to know

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/businessinsider/status/1265669170970202112

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

slave to my cravings posted:

to a certain extent I can understand the people who are so frustrated by the lockdown/staying inside/whatever that they are willing to risk going to the beach, park, or hell even a gym but waiting 3 hours in line to buy some lovely Disney merchandise is just mind boggling to me

i low key suspect that the fervor about it is a desperate and misplaced anger, like if i can just buy my mickey mouse ears the world will snap out of the simulation and back into normality and all these filthy democrats are stopping me from being a hero

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

oglethorpe2020 posted:

Facial recognition companies have been focusing on ears for over a decade, also walking stride

we must learn to walk without rhythm as the fremen do. we must avoid attracting the great surveillance worm, and to retain our water for the dry times.

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

mastershakeman posted:

you put a pebble in your shoe and you've defeated gait analysis. and since we're all growing out our hair, you put that over your ears and under you hat

I can't quite pull off the Bill Bailey or Gallagher look

oglethorpe2020
May 23, 2020

tux liberation front

I'd like one of these

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

oglethorpe2020 posted:

Wear ushankas, got it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
juggalo face paint works too fyi

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wasn’t expecting masks

those will suck in Orlando in July

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how will I drink liters of beer in Epcot with a mask on ???

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You could absolutely do this if people had been following a lockdown at all lol

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I hate this I am either being asked to come into and office in which they don't want to wear masks, or I'm getting laid off tomorrow and I don't know which. So loving stressful lol poo poo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

this is what hoarding does to you. anything for that sweet consuming fix.

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

not looking forward to Disney becoming an icon for the left of center

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

power word- Jeb! posted:

i remember reading somewhere that facial recognition software targets the area where nose eye and forehead meet. so occluding that area with makeup can help foil it

bangs, glasses, mask. I'm set

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

oglethorpe2020 posted:

I can't quite pull off the Bill Bailey or Gallagher look

Just stay away from Milton Jones, because that look now causes me to scream "You aren't funny!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Did Maryland try to reopen?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Did Maryland try to reopen?

yes

a couple weeks ago

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

North Texas RPG Con is on for next week, gonna be a lot of sick fat guys soon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

good morning!

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Google Butt posted:

I hate this I am either being asked to come into and office in which they don't want to wear masks, or I'm getting laid off tomorrow and I don't know which. So loving stressful lol poo poo

why no masks? gotta say being an “essential” construction worker, life was really stressful months ago, but once mask use on jobsites got mandated no one at any company i talk to has had anyone get sick. at least on construction sites, masks seem to work, and every one got used to them pretty quick.

probably just gonna wear a mask out in public for the rest of time.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

why no masks? gotta say being an “essential” construction worker, life was really stressful months ago, but once mask use on jobsites got mandated no one at any company i talk to has had anyone get sick. at least on construction sites, masks seem to work, and every one got used to them pretty quick.

probably just gonna wear a mask out in public for the rest of time.

i don't know man I can't spend any energy thinking about why they're dumb as poo poo, I just need to figure out how to navigate it. I guess I need an n95 minimum if people around me aren't wearing masks? Homemade won't cut it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mad.radhu posted:

to be honest I don't know how anyone on the left watches the news these days without going "oh, we're on the losing side of an arms race"

there's no victory to be had in some supposed moral high ground of going "Well actually I think we should ban all of those" to a bunch of nazis about to plug you full of lead

Your dumb gun toy was a waste of money and the US being chock full of guns didn't stop the rise of fascism. If anything, it greatly enabled it by causing police to militarize to an extreme degree.

You're not bringing about the revolution, your gun is useless.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

Your dumb gun toy was a waste of money and the US being chock full of guns didn't stop the rise of fascism. If anything, it greatly enabled it by causing police to militarize to an extreme degree.

I would like to issue a formal apology for being personally responsible for the militarization of the police, I will accept whatever punishment you deem fitting

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Ok so what happens when a bunch of large adult chud sons fail temperature checks because walking from the parking lot in Florida July heat gets their body temp up like it was vigorous exercise?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Holy gently caress, this is going to rock for the booth worker who gets to tell the family of 5 that all the money they spent and vacation they used up just got pissed down the drain

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

mad.radhu posted:

I would like to issue a formal apology for being personally responsible for the militarization of the police, I will accept whatever punishment you deem fitting

I suggest posting your weird fantasies to some gun nut forum instead.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lambert posted:

the left showing up to protests and demonstrations with guns has been proven over and over again to stay the hand of immediate violent reaction by the police and more often than not scares away militia larper types who operate on the assumption that their opposition are disarmed cowards

massive police militarization is a response to unrest and inequality and not the level of gun ownership in a society. The biggest recent push of police militarization was in response to explicitly peaceful disarmed protest movements in the wake of the 2008 crash

being widely known to be armed and willing to defend yourselves isn't a one stop shop to revolution, but it buys a whole lot more breathing room than banners or ballots do

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeditalkpodcast/status/1265666616693526528

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lambert posted:

I suggest posting your weird fantasies to some gun nut forum instead.

my fantasy is to diffuse a violent protest where everyone is angry with each other by making people realize we have way more in common than we think, so we can all enjoy an ice cold Pepsi-Cola

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

oglethorpe2020 posted:

A pair of steel toed boots is real good for altering your stride.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

good luck gait tracking me on my spring-heel Jack shoes!

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

A pair of steel toed boots is real good for altering your stride.

take your sick fantasy of stepping on my bulging nuts until I achieve an earth shattering climax elsewhere

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Crazypoops posted:

Holy gently caress, this is going to rock for the booth worker who gets to tell the family of 5 that all the money they spent and vacation they used up just got pissed down the drain

Every gas station and pharmacy in a 10 mile radius suddenly sees paracetamol flying off the shelves as people smuggle ice packs under their coats to try and beat the sensor

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Drinkfist posted:

Well would you look at that.

100k Dead Americans by page 666.

loving hellworld.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Lambert if you or someone you know was a victim of gun violence Im sorry.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Lambert posted:

The most devious thing American public schools did was lionize Ghandi and MLK to convince us that non-violent protest works. It doesnt. Every successful movement has brought with it the means to defend itself from the violence of its opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Lambert posted:

You are a pussy

Son of Man has issued a correction as of 18:18 on May 27, 2020