Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They did not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wanted to find out the ravens offensive touchdowns rankings to see. couldn't find an easy spit out of the number before 2003 and don't want to look at more than one site

2003: 14th
2004: 31st
2005: 29th
2006: 18th
2007: 28th
2008: 20th
2009: 10th
2010: 18th
2011: 16th
2012: 10th (stopping at the year we finally moved away from our respective parents and in together in our mid-20s)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it seems likely that kawalimus was forcefully malnourished by mad dad during his most formative pubescent years and that's why he is only 6ft. hypothesis strengthened

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

i wanted to find out the ravens offensive touchdowns rankings to see. couldn't find an easy spit out of the number before 2003 and don't want to look at more than one site

2003: 14th
2004: 31st
2005: 29th
2006: 18th
2007: 28th
2008: 20th
2009: 10th
2010: 18th
2011: 16th
2012: 10th (stopping at the year we finally moved away from our respective parents and in together in our mid-20s)

I was done growing by those years. I was at my height by 2002.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in the year that you stopped growing, the baltimore ravens were ranked 23rd in total points. i am unsure about offensive touchdowns, but the signs are not good. I wonder when you would have stopped growing while Being allowed to eat on a daily basis.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he would still be a professional wrestler instead of forcibly retired

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Anyway. I got to hear an Alder Flycatcher today which is not common in these parts. But you're not allowed to call a Willow or Alder if they don't vocalize because otherwise they are just about identical. But I heard the classic "free-beer!" song along a creek. And I got it recorded. I love hearing that. Willow flycatcher is cool to hear too but I prefer the Alder. I'm not a big Empid guy. Some people are absolutely obsessed with them and do huge writeups. There was this one guy at Susquehanna who heard the littlest peep from a "Traill's"(Willow/Alder) and got it recorded and sent it into experts with this huge writeup and got it confirmed as an Alder. I admire that dedication! But I'd be happy to keep it a Traill's unless it was some sort of park or county record.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joel empid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the bengals coaching staff is in disarray after finding out the other team will be fielding players

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably not

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here are the tallest buildings from each city

Cincinatti: Great american tower at queen city square, 666 feet, looks like a chode

Baltimore: Legg Mason now Transamerica Tower, 528 feet, looks like a solid dick, small

Pittsburgh: US Steel building, home of evil, noodle dick, very tall 841 feet

Cleveland: Key tower, 888 feet, little brother syndrome caused them to outdo Pittsburgh but we all know they have small dick tower energy

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Doltos posted:

looks like a chode

looks like a solid dick, small

home of evil, noodle dick

small dick

Monitor

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

"the bengals coaching staff" sure are some words

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

'the bengals coaching staff" is what i call my flaccid dick

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

We'll always have 2015 Tyler Eifert.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Today it finally happened. I found not one, not two, but THREE singing Mourning Warblers! Man that was so cool. And I got a real nice recording of the third one :). And good looks. It was actually my first MOWAs in two years as I had been unlucky. But three in one day for me is unprecedented. I had two once in like fall 2016. But those weren't singing.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'm glad you are happy buddy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah thanks. That's the end of my spring migration. I'll probably not really bird again till the fall unless some crazy rarity turns up in the meantime. What a fun way to end.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I always pause to listen when I hear the song of the mourning warbler

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 25, 2020

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kawalimus posted:

Today it finally happened. I found not one, not two, but THREE singing Mourning Warblers! Man that was so cool. And I got a real nice recording of the third one :). And good looks. It was actually my first MOWAs in two years as I had been unlucky. But three in one day for me is unprecedented. I had two once in like fall 2016. But those weren't singing.

post the song

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/nbctitangames/status/1265085662899826688?s=19

Joe Thomas finally wins something

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

That was amazingly close. Good for that firefighter coming back that way and competing against a top caliber athlete.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

indigi posted:

post the song

I can't it says the image is too big

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I watched the highlights from the Ravens’ 2012 SB run the other day and it was fun watching Jacoby Jones have those few big plays in the Denver game and the Super Bowl, then checking the box scores and seeing that those plays were pretty much all he did in those games. Anquan Boldin also had a streak of really good games during those playoffs and I’m starting to think that may have been what broke Kawalimus’ brain in regards to the Ravens receiving corps.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I watched the highlights from the Ravens’ 2012 SB run the other day and it was fun watching Jacoby Jones have those few big plays in the Denver game and the Super Bowl, then checking the box scores and seeing that those plays were pretty much all he did in those games. Anquan Boldin also had a streak of really good games during those playoffs and I’m starting to think that may have been what broke Kawalimus’ brain in regards to the Ravens receiving corps.

the game against the Colts owned because Boldin literally didn't catch a single pass in the first half and then turned into Randy Moss in the second

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 27, 2020

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It was wild watching Torrey Smith beat Champ Bailey's HoF rear end on those TDs. I really think the Ravens would have been contenders for the remainder of Flacco's time in Baltimore with a couple better twists of fate. Keeping Boldin and Kubiak would have changed things dramatically.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Kawalimus posted:

I can't it says the image is too big

Type it out

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Buffalo is more north than most afcn teams, and less east than others

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

It was wild watching Torrey Smith beat Champ Bailey's HoF rear end on those TDs. I really think the Ravens would have been contenders for the remainder of Flacco's time in Baltimore with a couple better twists of fate. Keeping Boldin and Kubiak would have changed things dramatically.

I agree, which in retrospect would have been a massive mistake. Flacco died so Lamar may live

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think Ozzie Newsome just had that bias against top WRs like guys like Cowher did about top QBs. The Terrell Owens trade im sure did not help fix that.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

im biased against good football players

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

im biased against good football players

Converted to Brownsdom eh

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mystic Stylez posted:

the game against the Colts owned because Boldin literally didn't catch a single pass in the first half and then turned into Randy Moss in the second

He was missed on his first two targets, then was 5-for-5 for 145 yards and a TD. It’s a shame they let him go for a 6th, but I don’t know know enough about what was happening with the FO to complain.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Phobeste posted:

Type it out

Ok. It looks kind of like

code:
                      \                      \
                   \\\\\\\    \        \\\\\\\   \        \\\\\\\
            \/\/                  \/\/                   \/\/             \____\____\____
edit: Crap! That's not how it looks at all when it's typed out in the box! Dang it!

So it's like w then a row of forward slashes above it. Then two vertical lines of forward slashes above a second W looks kind of like a weird ladel or big dipper or something. Then another line of forward slashes above the w. Then another big dipper W followed by a third and final row of forward slashes, about even with the middle of the handle part of the big dipper thing.

Then we get to the second part of the song which is the forward slash followed by like four underscores, and repeat that three times.

So when it comes out of the bird it sounds like "churr-EE churr-EE churr-EE chorry-chorry-chorry" with the chorrys being real quick and rushed seeming.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 28, 2020

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

If you put it between [code] I think it keeps the formatting

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh thanks. It looks a little better now but not perfect. the dipper handles are mostly the part that is hosed. so just imagine them there. Sometimes MOWA can do alternate songs so maybe that's just one of those now :D

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Dad had a summer tanager at the orange slices today.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Dad had a summer tanager at the orange slices today.

Pit-a-tuck. Pit-a-tuck. Pit-a-tuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pittsburgh is in kentucky