Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm moving my villagers around and thinking of doing some time travel to speed things up. If I do that and once their houses are all in the spots I want them to be, will they go back to their old spaces if I wind the clock back to present day?

No, everything will stay where you put it. I did that myself a couple times when I moved my buildings around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I finally decided to put some effort into shuffling houses together and actively designing dioramas for various spaces around the island (currently a tech/energy area, outdoor dino museum, and cemetery), plus cleaning up my trees and flower fields. I finally got a different message from Isabelle that folks like having more stuff placed around, but I still don't have a feel for how dense it has to be to get that final star.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm moving my villagers around and thinking of doing some time travel to speed things up. If I do that and once their houses are all in the spots I want them to be, will they go back to their old spaces if I wind the clock back to present day?

Nope. They'll be where you put em

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've always thought that if it ain't on Encyclopedia Metallum, it ain't metal, but now I don't know what to believe anymore.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

An easy, minimally disruptive, way time travel through moving stuff around is to just reset the same day.

Turn off auto-syncing your clock in System Settings. Set your time to 4:55am or so on the day. Load up your game, save and quit. Wait for the time to tick over to 5am, load up your game, and attend to whatever moving things you have to attend to.

The loading your game before and after 5am may or may not be necessary. That's just how I did it when I did some minimal time travelling to finish moving my rocks into my rock garden.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

An easy, minimally disruptive, way time travel through moving stuff around is to just reset the same day.

Turn off auto-syncing your clock in System Settings. Set your time to 4:55am or so on the day. Load up your game, save and quit. Wait for the time to tick over to 5am, load up your game, and attend to whatever moving things you have to attend to.

The loading your game before and after 5am may or may not be necessary. That's just how I did it when I did some minimal time travelling to finish moving my rocks into my rock garden.

I literally just did this. Can confirm it moves things up and also resets your day when you go back. All my fossils and rocks and trees reloaded, but my bridge was completed and Mint has fully moved in.

(She was here three minutes before she started saying "diggy dig", it's like a virus :negative:)

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Opening up!

Kicks is here,
Able's has some cool stuff,
nook's has unlimited hourglasses and art sets. wall AC unit, Green Floor light, and something else

Turnips are 544

Help yourselves to anything I've got, I'm happy to finally be able to repay all your generosity. Let me know if you have island feedback or want anything cataloged!

Dodo: in the PGS thread

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 27, 2020

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Eiba posted:

Don't know where you got "north side" for Wisp. Last night he ambushed me at my airport. So have fun looking for him everywhere on your island!

I've got a regular path I take every morning doing my rounds, checking for fossils and what have you. It's probably worthwhile to another pass like that after 8. I'm sure I've missed Celeste and Wisp a whole bunch when I was done for the day earlier than that.

That said, there's no reason to feel bad for missing Wisp early on. He has no idea what "expensive" means, and new items are just random items at that point. Once you've got a relatively full catalog his gifts should be more exciting.

You should feel very bad about missing Celeste though. Those recipes are lovely.

I'm very suspicious he actually gives you a "new" item. I really need to test it deliberately with my 3 islanders, but I just really don't enjoy hunting down ghost chunks minigame. Some nights I just wave at him, don't even chat.

Last time I did do him for both villagers, I got the same item both times so I'm stuck wondering if just coincidence or if he comes armed with a preset item.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soysaucebeast posted:

No, everything will stay where you put it. I did that myself a couple times when I moved my buildings around.

Bueno, thanks

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I always deny Wisp a bunch of times before I give him his glowy things back. I don't know why, I think watching him freak out just seems to make running around catch them feel more worth it. He's the only one I toy with this way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i always tell gulliver im not going to help him because he says less words

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
My first meteor shower! I've been playing since launch! :woop:

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Opening up Tootsbury for a bit:

The Nooks have turnips at 387. Not amazing, but they also have books in case you need those for crafting.

Kicks is here with: Wrestling shoes, ballet slippers, shiny bow platform shoes. Not sure if the bags/socks are something worth listing.

Ables has: Viking helmets, bun wig, superhero mask, old-school jacket.

Ketchup is DIYing Small Cardboard Boxes, I think she started 30-60 minutes ago so she should have an hour or two left assuming the game doesn't crash on me or anyone else.

For the love of god, please take as many DIYs (in front of Kicks) and fossils (to the left of the airport on the beach) as you want.

Will be mostly AFK, and would very much appreciate if folks could water the roses in the hedges just above the fossil area, especially the purple/white purple/yellow ones in their own little hedge squares. Anything else in the hedges could also use some water, but the roses are what I care about. (please don't donate flowers, I'm a masochist and want to fumble through the breeding on my own, but do appreciate the boost to new flowers spawning).

Dodo Code: closed, thanks for the flower watering!

Mykroft fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 28, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So guys, I'm eternally running low on stones, what do? Stuff costs 90+ to craft, which is insane

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Go to nook islands and hit rocks. If you don't have turnips, time travel and hit rocks.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Go to nook islands and hit rocks. If you don't have turnips, time travel and hit rocks.

Nook Islands tend to give me 90% iron and clay. :shrug:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo

I had 99,999 bells (most of my money) in my inventory and I was gonna put it away so I could bury like 10,000 in a money hole, except I accidentally planted the entire 99,999 :shepicide:

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

My turnips disappeared. :(

I bought them on Sunday, dumped them in my basement, and then when I picked up the Switch today it prompted me for an update, and when it was done I opened AC and was holding the 300k I'd spent on turnips and my house was empty. I thought it would have autosaved. :(

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo

I had 99,999 bells (most of my money) in my inventory and I was gonna put it away so I could bury like 10,000 in a money hole, except I accidentally planted the entire 99,999 :shepicide:

I did this when my island was still fresh and a few days later got a 300k money tree that paid for my first optional bridge in one swoop.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I did this when my island was still fresh and a few days later got a 300k money tree that paid for my first optional bridge in one swoop.

Sadly, this is not guaranteed, I have gotten 10k back from it and burned myself

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Presumably you can't just dig back up a money sapling and sell it for big bucks.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo

You've got a 30% chance of getting a 297k money tree. Otherwise it's just a 30k one. Godspeed!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Sadly, this is not guaranteed, I have gotten 10k back from it and burned myself
:smith:

Well I guess I'll see in a few days. I've planted other money trees with over 10k, so hopefully between this one and those, I'll see a nice return.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Opening up the gates to Mau-Mau again because turnips are currently going for 595.

Full details over in the PGS thread here

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Silver Falcon posted:

The game basically compares current date vs date of your last save for checking when to trigger the "it's a new day" stuff. So if you just want to move to tomorrow, you can set the date forward (to any time after 5am) and be fine.

If however you want to go back to a previous date, you need to do this:

1) Set the time back to date-1
2) Load game
3) Save
4) Close game
5) Set time to date
6) Load game

You can repeat that infinitely if you want to do something like farm Redd, or get all your stuff moved without advancing past the current date.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Rageaholic posted:

Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo

Yeah its kinda tricky since "Put Away" is the top menu item normally, but when you are standing with a hole in front of you the new "Bury in Hole" option becomes the top one.
Also its kinda way too easy to accidentally fill in the money hole with dirt on accident.

Anyways, if you just close out the game immediately after scewing up in either of these ways, when you re-open it the money hole should still be available to try again.
Has saved my butt 2 or 3 times already.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 27, 2020

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

SilentChaz posted:

Opening up the gates to Mau-Mau again because turnips are currently going for 595.

Full details over in the PGS thread here

You are a hero, thank you so much! Watered as many flowers as I could!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't know when this happened but my island got a 3-star rating and K.K.'s coming! :aaa:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rageaholic posted:

I don't know when this happened but my island got a 3-star rating and K.K.'s coming! :aaa:

:woop: Nice! The game opens up a bit more after that, I'm real happy for you!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

eating only apples posted:

:woop: Nice! The game opens up a bit more after that, I'm real happy for you!
Thank you! :D

When does he typically come? Tom Nook said it could be as early as tomorrow.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Thank you! :D

When does he typically come? Tom Nook said it could be as early as tomorrow.

Awesome...he showed up the next day for me, and every Saturday afterwards.
PS Don't forget to constantly bug him for his greatest hits.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nemo2342 posted:

The game basically compares current date vs date of your last save for checking when to trigger the "it's a new day" stuff. So if you just want to move to tomorrow, you can set the date forward (to any time after 5am) and be fine.

If however you want to go back to a previous date, you need to do this:

1) Set the time back to date-1
2) Load game
3) Save
4) Close game
5) Set time to date
6) Load game

You can repeat that infinitely if you want to do something like farm Redd, or get all your stuff moved without advancing past the current date.

Aha so loading up the game before and after 5am was indeed a necessary step. Thanks! It worked beautifully for finishing my rock garden. When I start getting down to the last few art pieces I need, I might break down and scum Redd. We'll see.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i just remembered that yesterday someone visited my island from the island of 'buttass' and a.) i nearly cried laughing at that, and also b.) the fact that it's entirely lowercase just makes it that much better

kudos to you, whateveryournamewas from buttass :patriot:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

So I found some new custom path designs and decided to try one out. Turns out I didn't like it much in practice, so I went to kick them all up. Turns out you can't kick them up under the corners of my bridges. And I can't lay new pathing over it. And changing the path design just makes the existing squares pure white. So now I get to demolish my bridge, get rid of the two dang squares, then rebuild my bridge.

Learn from my mistakes gentle Goons.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Soysaucebeast posted:

So I found some new custom path designs and decided to try one out. Turns out I didn't like it much in practice, so I went to kick them all up. Turns out you can't kick them up under the corners of my bridges. And I can't lay new pathing over it. And changing the path design just makes the existing squares pure white. So now I get to demolish my bridge, get rid of the two dang squares, then rebuild my bridge.

Learn from my mistakes gentle Goons.

I was having that problem also, but I think you can work your way around it by using the grass pattern again. I avoided demoing my bridge anyway, sorry I don't have more specifics

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
I’ve got Canberra crafting a DIY workbench. It’s a nice 2x1 crafting bench if you don’t have one yet.

Her house is left of the airport.

Right of the airport I’ve got a bunch of DIYs to clear out.

Flower watering is appreciated! I’ve got a river island set up for breeding—north east of residential services.

Dodo:closed

Edit: thanks for coming!

Boonoo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 28, 2020

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Shabadu posted:

Just a bad string of luck. Checking for Celeste means looking over your entire island after 7pm and Wisp is on the north side after 8pm

Man, they really need to rethink how this works. Put the optional ones on a cool down until it rotates everyone, or allow wandering types plus KK on Saturdays, or...something. Anything. You got three guaranteed a week, and weekends taken. That's 2 days out of 7 you can get any of the bottom row. Redd is capable of having all fakes sometimes. Gulliver sometimes gives you garbage instead of monuments. Flick and CJ can make one model per visit. If you're a completionist I hope you have the next 2 years set aside.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Flubby posted:

If you're a completionist I hope you have the next 2 years set aside.

its animal crossing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats literally the point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yeah the past couple of days I've been like "log in, talk to villagers, do some chores, poke around, close" thinking I'm "over" the game but really I've just started playing the game like a normal human instead of binging for hours at a time