Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Looks like a pretty neat game. I backed Tiny Epic Dinosaurs because hello tiny Jurassic Park. I watched the solo play through of Pirates and it didn't quite wow me, even though all the components and game look cool. I'll have to watch that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

For anyone worried or wondering, I just posted an update on the Heists KS. Short version is everything is still moving, but a combination of COVID, personal issues, and the fact that our art team vanished early on in the project and we had to replace everyone last minute, we're behind on map art. It sucks, but the maps are still getting done, and the art squad we have now kicks rear end and is doing everything they can, and we have the layout working so everything is ready for those final pieces. I got the team together today to come up with a revised timeline and I'm hoping I can let everyone know some good news soon.

We are really close to wrapping up, which only makes this more frustrating tbqh

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Doctor Zero posted:

Looks like a pretty neat game. I backed Tiny Epic Dinosaurs because hello tiny Jurassic Park. I watched the solo play through of Pirates and it didn't quite wow me, even though all the components and game look cool. I'll have to watch that one.

That just makes me really sad that I didnt get a copy of Dinosaur Island.

So now I'm on the hunt for a full KS pimped out version with expansion. These FB sales and BGG sales are so goddamn expensive though.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone by chance heard from outside Kickstarter updates when we might expect the second POD volume for golden sky stories? I seem to recall that project being goon adjacent?

I assume it got delayed due to covid times...but I'm just curious where we're at on that one

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

For anyone worried or wondering, I just posted an update on the Heists KS. Short version is everything is still moving, but a combination of COVID, personal issues, and the fact that our art team vanished early on in the project and we had to replace everyone last minute, we're behind on map art. It sucks, but the maps are still getting done, and the art squad we have now kicks rear end and is doing everything they can, and we have the layout working so everything is ready for those final pieces. I got the team together today to come up with a revised timeline and I'm hoping I can let everyone know some good news soon.

We are really close to wrapping up, which only makes this more frustrating tbqh

In the interest of transparency, I will disclose that I’m really frickin’ looking forward to this.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I backed a game today, Lone Wolf Fists, which seems to be a pretty cool little post apocalyptic wuxia RPG, using a lot of LotW's ideas with a lot more... straightforwardness and less oblique fluffiness making it hard to pierce.

It looks like it's trying to be Fist of the North Star with a bit of the modern Cultivation genre.

They also have a Playtest Edition openly available if you'd like an in depth look at it.

I'm not involved with this game, I just found it when discussing Cultivation novels in a discord, and I thought it was both a kinda unique setting and not getting much attention at all. :)

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Last two days on Skull Diggers and $500 left to go! Please consider backing it if you haven't yet.

https://twitter.com/Veliministriari/status/1264043012625182721

Next rules draft contains the highly anticipated rules on recruiting monsters into your village. Now you too can bring home nightmare monsters that will probably eat everyone you know, but if they don't, they can teach you things. Wonderful things. Terrible things.

Like terraforming. Or immortality. Or how to abolish money and become a post scarcity society. Or necromancy.

Terrible, terrible things.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Dawgstar posted:

Well a Toph miniature can’t exist without me owning it. I don’t write the rules.

You and me both.

Enough Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom soldiers to do a skirmish game in another ruleset would be a nice bonus.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gnome7 posted:

Like terraforming. Or immortality. Or how to abolish money and become a post scarcity society. Or necromancy.

Okay but those last three are all the same thing.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

mllaneza posted:

You and me both.

Enough Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom soldiers to do a skirmish game in another ruleset would be a nice bonus.

A small one, maybe. I have the all in set for the Ninja Turtles in that engine and I'm fairly sure I could assemble a couple of reasonable Foot Clan kill teams.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

theironjef posted:

A small one, maybe. I have the all in set for the Ninja Turtles in that engine and I'm fairly sure I could assemble a couple of reasonable Foot Clan kill teams.

Was that the one that had the Turtles in one set but their villains in another?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Was that the one that had the Turtles in one set but their villains in another?

Yeah, sort of. I think that was unpopular. I dunno, I got it after the fact. One of the core boxes has playable turtles and Casey with the villains being Stockman, plus two comic minor characters called Hob and Alopex. The other had playable Splinter, Slash, April, that same Hob guy as a hero now, and someone called Angel Bridge, with the villains being Shredder, Hun, Karai, Rocksteady and Bebop.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

theironjef posted:

Yeah, sort of. I think that was unpopular. I dunno, I got it after the fact. One of the core boxes has playable turtles and Casey with the villains being Stockman, plus two comic minor characters called Hob and Alopex. The other had playable Splinter, Slash, April, that same Hob guy as a hero now, and someone called Angel Bridge, with the villains being Shredder, Hun, Karai, Rocksteady and Bebop.

Angel's another comic character, last I remember of her she was using a battlesuit Harold had made? Still, I wonder why the decided to split the characters that way in the first place.

Also, congrats on funding Skull Diggers gnome7! Let's hope you can make a stretch goal or two.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

theironjef posted:

That's the one. I couldn't afford to go all in on the KS so it was either 'Turtles but villains I don't know' or vice versa.

The real sting was they had an Usagi Yojimbo expanshion.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Agent Rush posted:

Angel's another comic character, last I remember of her she was using a battlesuit Harold had made? Still, I wonder why the decided to split the characters that way in the first place.

Also, congrats on funding Skull Diggers gnome7! Let's hope you can make a stretch goal or two.

The first stretch goal was reached! Congrats again to gnome7!

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
For those goons who are 3D printer inclined here's a cheeky entirely 3D printed miniatures game, Bloodfields.

Frankly I couldn't give a fiddler's pluck about the ruleset I love love the minis for this as per Kickstarter protocol.

For those interested they also have a Patreon with equally great minis.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

Because they wanted to sell two boxes of stuff and not one. If one box had the turtles and Shredder, the other box wouldn't sell. At least that's the safe assumption. In practice, it kind of works, because there's starter campaign stuff in both boxes, but in the "second box"(the Shredder one), there's a bunch of combined campaign stuff that you'd need both boxes for anyway. One of the villains of the second box is a temporarily mind-controlled Leo, and there's a few campaign setups for the other turtles trying to punch him back to regular.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jihad Joe posted:

For those goons who are 3D printer inclined here's a cheeky entirely 3D printed miniatures game, Bloodfields.

Frankly I couldn't give a fiddler's pluck about the ruleset I love love the minis for this as per Kickstarter protocol.

Have you printed their stuff before? I'm pretty interested but wondering how they will actually look in real life...

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jihad Joe posted:

I can’t really tell from the Kickstarter...do pledges get the models? Or do they just get files so they can make their own models? There’s a chance this is just an evolution of eBay listings sellIng a brand new Nintendo Switch box.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

graventy posted:

I can’t really tell from the Kickstarter...do pledges get the models? Or do they just get files so they can make their own models? There’s a chance this is just an evolution of eBay listings sellIng a brand new Nintendo Switch box.

Files only I'm afraid. The Patreon is the same it's files for owners of 3D printers. Some are certainly better value than others.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

CODChimera posted:

Have you printed their stuff before? I'm pretty interested but wondering how they will actually look in real life...

Yeah, I've only had the printer a couple of months (photon s) so just about have it nailed down. The mantis is my second print and the dragonborn one of the most recent.

Frankly all I'm really doing is creating an exponentially lengthening painting queue.

Have some sketchy quality phone images!

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

CODChimera posted:

Their minis are beautiful, but one annoyance for me is they are almost always multipart, even the small pieces that don't have customization options. Some people love it, but I dislike it as I either have to print the pieces and hope my settings were good enough or the tolerances loose enough that they fit together, or I have to precombine them in meshmixer. I much prefer something like Duncan "Shadow" Louca's patreon/kickstarters where, at least with the non-giant stuff, I can often just plonk down a mini, generate supports and start the print (although he's been starting to do the multipart stuff for weapon options lately...). Titan Forge has been doing pre-supported minis that are all one piece recently, though, so that's a nice time saver if you can get your printer tuned well enough to print them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kemet: Blood and Sand has launched for people who are interested
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matagot/kemet-blood-and-sand

Fulfilment is over a year away though so :chanpop:

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Infinitum posted:

Kemet: Blood and Sand has launched for people who are interested
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/matagot/kemet-blood-and-sand

Fulfilment is over a year away though so :chanpop:

I'm backing through my FLGS. Don't have to pay for it until it comes in this way, which is nice. Plus, no shipping charges.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I can't tell if it's better to just pledge for the game or just pledge for the upgrade if I already have Kemet + Ta Seti. Like I know I should just get the upgrade, but a double layered board...

It also looks like they're doing away entirely with the whole Ta Seti part, which I think is kinda funny.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is Kemet by the way?
I know of it, but I haven't looked into it much.

What game would it be equivalent to?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Infinitum posted:

How is Kemet by the way?
I know of it, but I haven't looked into it much.

What game would it be equivalent to?

Good game with a lot of tough decisions, but also needs a certain type of player (needs aggression, the ability to not be dumb and feed people points). Maybe the closest would be something like Chaos in the Old World or Blood Rage, a DOAM with asymmetric powers. Note though that the asymmetry isn't because of any inherent difference in the gods (they're all the same), but from a pool of powers that shrink over the course of the game.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

It's incredibly front loaded, which is to say it has a giant set of tiles available to everyone at the start.

As a new player without a player aid in a 5p game, I absolutely hated it and never want to play it again.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..

silvergoose posted:

It's incredibly front loaded, which is to say it has a giant set of tiles available to everyone at the start.

As a new player without a player aid in a 5p game, I absolutely hated it and never want to play it again.

Yeah, my experience was not good for this reason - unless you're playing it reasonably frequently, with the same group of people, it's not very smooth. The gameplay and mechanics all seem really good, but compared to games like Cthulhu Wars or Chaos in the Old World that limit your options and give you strategic direction through the design of the factions, I think it's a lot less accessible for newer players.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Kemet is really good for requiring conflict, yet simultaneously making that conflict feel impersonal.

e: Like, just to clarify that's in a good way. Conflict and feeding the ceaseless meat grinder of combat is required and incentivized such that it's hard to feel "picked on" when someone targets you for combat.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 28, 2020

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

silvergoose posted:

I groaned when I saw that there would still only be 1 player aid in Kemet 2, but then laughed when I saw a stretch goal for 5 player aids.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

I can't tell if it's better to just pledge for the game or just pledge for the upgrade if I already have Kemet + Ta Seti. Like I know I should just get the upgrade, but a double layered board...

It also looks like they're doing away entirely with the whole Ta Seti part, which I think is kinda funny.

Correct; they've included everything from Ta-Seti except the Path to Ta-Seti. Which is what I do when I play already.

I'm dubious about the non-varying board, though, and doubly dubious about the implied fifth colour of tiles. As people have pointed out, even the base game without the black pyramid is hugely frontloaded. They're running a serious danger of overloading it completely.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Jedit posted:

Correct; they've included everything from Ta-Seti except the Path to Ta-Seti. Which is what I do when I play already.

I'm dubious about the non-varying board, though, and doubly dubious about the implied fifth colour of tiles. As people have pointed out, even the base game without the black pyramid is hugely frontloaded. They're running a serious danger of overloading it completely.

I missed the fifth color bit, but I did read that they would vary the number of tiles per player, so maybe not all tiles are in the game, which seems like a reasonable way to both add some variance and to limit information.

Edit: Just saw it in their updates

quote:

The first surprise of Kemet: Blood and Sand is coming on Tuesday June 2nd. What do you think this green pyramid means? We are really curious to know your thoughts about this. Of course, we won’t be able to give you the right answer before Tuesday :)

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 28, 2020

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Jihad Joe posted:

Yeah, I've only had the printer a couple of months (photon s) so just about have it nailed down. The mantis is my second print and the dragonborn one of the most recent.

Frankly all I'm really doing is creating an exponentially lengthening painting queue.

Have some sketchy quality phone images!

Those look really good! But yeah that's actually a big concern of mine with getting a 3d printer, I'll end up with millions of unpainted things

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Holy poo poo, Nemesis Lockdown is already over £1.1 million an hour after launching (their goal was £40k).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm totally overwhelmed by that kickstarter.

Is it good?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Holy poo poo, Nemesis Lockdown is already over £1.1 million an hour after launching (their goal was £40k).

I really want to like Nemesis a lot more. Like, when it works, it can work really well, but the same can probably be said about Betrayal.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I was just coming to ask the same thing, was considering getting in on that Kickstarter as a way to weasel my way into a core box as well since it's hard to find. Is Nemesis good?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My group loves Nemesis and plays it more than anything other than our Gloomhaven campaign run and maybe Champions of Midgard. There's coop for when we're in a team up mood, and slightly competitive for when we want to dick each other over. We usually lose and most of us die, but its still pretty engaging, and it seems to scale fairly well from 2 to 4 players. The guy who owns the box jumped on this kickstarter so he could also pick up the medic and carnomorphs. We're really looking forward to the new stuff. In the meantime with all that's going on, we're playing on steam tabletop, but its an older version that has beta test/kickstarter rules that have since been updated for the printed board game. Balancing stuff like the android being fully immune to corruption in the digital version, but taking 1 damage instead in the printed version, and some of the cards missing the art.

edit: My favorite solo win, I was the engineer and my goal was to see player 2 dead. That player bad lucked into spawning the queen on himself on turn 2. I tried following the others for safety but one slammed a door behind him to keep me out since he was worried about extra noise at the end of the turn. I went the other direction and player 3 had the opportunity to open an airlock and space me. I would have been screwed but I tried not to show it and he did something else instead. I found out later his goal was to see me dead, but he assumed I had my demolition and would be able to escape the death trap and come after him (I didn't have it). After that I found the escape pod control room and the escape pods it controlled right next to it (very rare since placement is random), and zipped out to safety after the queen finished off my target. The other two had a comedy of errors spawning more and more aliens on themselves as they fled from room to room.

My group does love the Alien movies, obsessively, so that adds to our enjoyment.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SU&SD sort of really liked it, but it can suffer from being dicked over completely by other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKbEBrWjWzY

That said, it’s a very pricey game (£95 for the base Lockdown game is way too much), and all the other bits have way too much Stuff.